Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Golden Globe goes to How To Train Your Dragon 2
Topic Started: 12 Jan 2015, 01:06 (10696 Views)
Faerie_Dragon
Dragon Bassist

How to Train Your Dragon 2 won Best Animated Film at the Golden Globe Awards 2015!

Here's a video of Bonnie Arnold and Dean DeBlois accepting the award.
Spoiler: click to toggle
This is great news! As it was said on reddit, suddenly the whole "Lego Movie has the Oscar in the bag" claim is weakened. Here's hoping guys :)
I challenge you to be lazier than me!

Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

DarthBacon
Gronckle

I know right! This is amazing news! I was not so sure of this winning as it was a sequel too, and sequels rarely win. I bet this proves everyone how good a movie this one was and finally we have some award recognition to this franchise.

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

Not suprised and yet, compeletly satisfied!
Hiccup and Toothless never stop to amaze me :D

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

Next stop, OSCAR Wonderland. When we stop there, please take the time to watch 'The Lego Movie' fans cry out of grief and shock. Don't forget to take pictures!
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

DarthBacon
Gronckle

Hahaha yeah! To the Oscars next! :D

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

WasBornCrazy
12 Jan 2015, 06:43
Next stop, OSCAR Wonderland. When we stop there, please take the time to watch 'The Lego Movie' fans cry out of grief and shock. Don't forget to take pictures!
Some of them are crying in my Facebook post about the matter.
I would have sent you pictures but... It's not in English... sorry

(Note: I don't hate "Lego Movie". I just don't think it's as amazing as other people said it was.)

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Surprised and disappointed. While HTTYD 2 was definitely good, and had better moments than The Lego Movie, the latter was better executed overall, with no weak moments (which HTTYD 2 had in spades), and thus the more worthy recipient of the award.

Oh well, the Oscars are more important by far (before anyone says anything about awards shows in general, I'll just say that it's all relative), so we'll see where that one goes.

I just hope this doesn't go to DeBlois' head. There are few things worse than a satisfied artist. That just leads to stagnation, and the third film really needs to be better than the second to bring things to a satisfying conclusion.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

This is really good news. HTTYD2 is getting the recognition it deserves. So happy.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Meanwhile, it seems that HTTYD 2 didn't even get a BAFTA nomination.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-30741418

You know, that's going a bit far in the opposite direction. Now, I haven't seen The Boxtrolls, so maybe it's better than HTTYD 2, but looking at the Tomatometer, I doubt it.

Here's hoping that the Oscars give HTTYD 2 the nomination it deserves, and The Lego Movie the win it deserves.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

nightfury123
My auntie's dog might die...
:'(

Cartoon Freak
12 Jan 2015, 13:23
Meanwhile, it seems that HTTYD 2 didn't even get a BAFTA nomination.
I know! I watched the preview- at least, I can only assume it was a preview- on Sky News, and I was a bit annoyed about it! :ermm:
"A warning to the people, the good and the evil. This is war..."