Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Fishlegs' Dragon Stats, Drago's War Machines, etc
Topic Started: 23 Oct 2014, 16:27 (1771 Views)
Neilandio
Dragon trainer

For those of you who have the digital version, it is supposed to come with these extras:
  • Fishleg’s Dragon Stats – How much do you know about your favorite dragons? Explore the Dragon 2 Guide and learn more about your favorite fire-breathing friends!
  • Drago’s War Machines – Gobber the Belch narrates this inside look at the fierce creatures and “high-tech” weapons used by Drago to expand his growing dragon army.
  • Berk’s Dragon World – Explore the massive stable created to house the dragons of Berk, along with other changes made on the island to promote harmonious living.
  • Hiccup’s Inventions in Flight – Learn the secrets of how Hiccup and Toothless work together to form the ultimate high-flying team in this fascinating interactive tour.
  • Deleted Scenes – The awesome adventure continues with telling deleted and extended scenes, including action-packed footage you couldn’t see in theaters!
  • Commentary by Simon Otto, Bonnie Arnold, Dean DeBlois, and Pierre-Olivier Vincent
  • Where No One Goes: The Making of How To Train Your Dragon 2 – Writer-Director Dean DeBlois and his team take you behind the scenes of creating the film’s eye-popping visual effects and epic story
  • Dragon Races – Catch the thrilling aerial action and exciting play-by-play commentary as you cheer on your favorite riders in a spectacular dragon race!
  • Image Gallery
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • World of DreamWorks Animation – Move to the music videos from your favorite DreamWorks Animation feature films
I thought we should have a topic to discuss all the extras other than Dawn of the Dragon Racers. I personally don't have the digital version but I would like to hear what new information might be on these other extras.
My dragon den:
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

I've seen most of them, save for Drago's War Machines and Hiccup's Inventions in Flight.

Fishlegs's Dragon Stats is a series of 40-second short films talking about the basic abilities of most of the dragons featured in the films and TV series. Includes their length, wingspan, fire type, and other abilities the breed may have, as well as a short animation for most of them and concept art.

Berk's Dragon World is a short (5-minute?) video about the new things on the Isle of Berk and how they came to be. Contains the stable in the caves, the dragon feeding and bathing stations, those big windmill things, and more. It's pretty informational, though after a few minutes I felt like it was just Hiccup bragging about his ideas. :P

The deleted scenes were the best part of the extras package (save for Dawn of the Dragon Racers). I'll put descriptions of them under a spoiler in case someone hasn't seen 'em yet.
Spoiler: click to toggle
Where No One Goes: The Making of How to Train Your Dragon 2 is a short video containing a few interviews and people just talking about making the film, basically. I think it's already on YouTube.

Dragon Races is something I haven't seen on the digital copy, though I know it's on there (too lazy to click) but I believe I've seen it on YouTube before.

And the last three are pretty self-explanatory. The "World of DreamWorks Animation" contains one HTTYD video, with scenes from the first film set to a song called "Fly High".
Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

Are these gonna be on the DVD as well?
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

Toothless123
Night Fury

BerserkDragon
24 Oct 2014, 09:10
Are these gonna be on the DVD as well?
Yep. ;)