Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Is the HTTYD 2 bonus disc available to buy in the UK/with UK money?
Topic Started: 17 Nov 2014, 18:24 (1753 Views)
Toothless123
Night Fury

When I got home today, I found that the HTTYD 2 DVD ASDA double pack had come. <3 I put HTTYD 2 into my computer, loaded the DVD, and clicked on 'special features', expecting to find everything- the commentary, deleted scenes, etc. But when I didn't, I wasn't worried, because I'd heard something about a bonus disc. I searched for it online, but it seems like you can only get it at Wal-Mart. :(
I don't live in America- in England, actually, so I was wondering, like the title of this thread suggests, if the bonus disc is available to buy in the UK/in UK money? ^)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Fynriel
Gronckle

I might be wrong on this, but I think the bonus disc you are referring to is available at Target in the US and includes two extra featurettes (I don't know what they are). The regular special features you're talking about (commentary, making-of doc, DotDR etc.) have nothing to do with this and are on the normal Blu-ray release.

I don't know about the DVD, but I'm guessing it has considerably less features as is the norm these days. So I don't know what's included exactly.

None of this matters if you're in the UK though, because on most non-US releases you won't find anything of value besides the movie. I think the Deleted Scenes are on the UK Blu-ray but that's about it.

So to answer your question, NO. All this bonus content you're looking for is exclusive to the US, similar to HTTYD1.

My advice is order the US Blu-ray from amazon.com. Again, though, I don't know if the DVD release has anything on it at all, most likely not.

Also I've read some strange rumors about recent DW US Blu-rays. They are region free, but can detect what region your player is and omit content accordingly. So be careful.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

The standred DVD has no specials whatsoever whilst the Blu-Ray has the "Making of" the commentary and other stuff like "Fishlegs Dragon Stats", "Drago's War Machines", "Hiccup's Inventions in Flight", deleted scenes and "Dawn Of The Dragon Racers".

In America (at least to my knowledge) Target has a special set with a third disc that carries two new shorts. One about Dragon racing and the other I am not sure about.