Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Which version of DVD/Blu ray to get
Topic Started: 16 Nov 2014, 12:51 (1893 Views)
omiewise
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Hi Everyone, I want to get the best version available for my daughter but some stores (Target) are very vague about what their bonus discs contain. We have all the series and the available shorts (bonenapper, gift, etc.). So...which version should we get? Walmart has a sheep toss game. Target has some kind of bonus disc. I figured there'd be some experts here.

Thanks, Warren
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Toothless123
Night Fury

I'd say get the one with the bonus disc, because it's better than a sheep toss game. ;)

Mccallistair
Gronckle

I got the DVD/Blu-Ray double pack but in one shell case. The Blu-ray contains all the standard special features including 'Dawn of the Dragon Racers'. Haven't heard anything about a sheep toss game though...

omiewise
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

But what's on the disc?

Mccallistair
Gronckle

DVD just has the film. Blu-Ray has the film, special features including commentary, deleted scenes, making of video and a few other minor things, and the new short.

LawOfTheSeas
Defender of Insanity and Master of Apologies

I have seen 3 versions.
DVD, as mentioned above.
Blu Ray, also the same as above.
And some Special Edition one which I have forgotten about mostly.

Now, I got the Blu Ray, since it seemed to have more features than the simple DVD. However, I did consider getting the special edition, but that seemed like a waste of money (DVD was ~$13, Blu Ray ~$20, Special Edition ~$35. Big price gap. May be inaccurate - it was a while ago.)

I would get the simple Blu Ray, but that's just me.
I HAVE RETURNED!

Did you miss me?

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Targets has two extra extras (though I don't know the content of these as I got my Blu-Ray DVD combo at Costco.

Berkian1
Terrible Terror

Just because i never saw it in 3D i bought the version that includes a 3D bluray disc. You have to have a 3D bluray player though. So it will be really cool when i actually get one of those...
"Hiccup what you're looking for isn't out there. It's in here, maybe you just don't see it yet."