Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Is it illegal to download or share the soundtrack for free?
Topic Started: 18 Jan 2015, 19:54 (2476 Views)
DuckDuckDoose
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Is it illegal to download or share the soundtrack for free?
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

Yeah. I am pretty sure anything downloaded online that could be bought is illegal.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

Neilandio
Dragon trainer

Yes, sharing or duplicating any copyrighted material without the consent of the creators is illegal. When you download something you are basically creating a duplicate of it on your computer.
My dragon den:

Mccallistair
Gronckle

There's always Youtube.....

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Note also that the soundtrack can be obtained quite cheaply on iTunes, at least in Australia (and thus I would assume at least the USA, Canada, and the UK as well).
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Eret
....Son of Eret

Well technically of course its illegal.... but I think a lot of people would be dishonest if they said they've never pirated music or other media.

Did I download this soundtrack illegally? Yes, I did, as I do with almost all of my other music and movies and TV shows. But when its something I'm really a fan of and want to support, I'll go back and purchase it. I do own a physical copy of the HTTYD2 soundtrack. Everyone can draw the line for themselves on what is or isn't morally ok with them.