Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
HTTYD2 wins big at Annie Awards
Topic Started: 01 Feb 2015, 03:14 (2669 Views)
Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

Congrats to HTTYD2. 8)
Link
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

Congrats to all the winners!

*Plays "Test Drive" and starts spinning on my office chair with my hands in the air*

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Is it still the case that Dreamworks basically buy the Annie Awards, by buying memberships (and thus voting rights) for all its employees? I can't seem to find any current information, but if things are as bad as they were in 2010, when roughly 40% of the voters were Dreamworks employees, then the award still has no credibility.

In that regard, I can't claim to have any particular feelings towards a meaningless award. Well, I suppose I could be upset, in the sense that losing would have given DeBlois a nice figurative kick up the backside to do a better job on HTTYD 3. Still, if the main awards are basically rigged, then I suppose that DeBlois isn't taking them any more seriously than I am, so at least this isn't going to inflate his ego. A bit of cutting down to size would still have been nice, though.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Mccallistair
Gronckle

Glad to see Powell and Jonsi getting some of the recognition they deserve. Congrats all.

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

Cartoon Freak
01 Feb 2015, 09:33
Is it still the case that Dreamworks basically buy the Annie Awards, by buying memberships (and thus voting rights) for all its employees? I can't seem to find any current information, but if things are as bad as they were in 2010, when roughly 40% of the voters were Dreamworks employees, then the award still has no credibility.
That was honestly my first thought when I saw this topic as well. However, looking over the recent results, I see that the last time a Dreamworks film was named best animated feature was the first HTTYD in 2010, so I'm assuming that some changes must have been made to the voting procedures and/or requirements.

Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

I think it's great that top awards aren't going to a Disney movie for once.

DarthBacon
Gronckle

I know right. More than HTTYD 2 winning the award, I'm delighted that Powell got some well deserved recognition at last.

Eret
....Son of Eret

Woo :D