Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
How to Train Your Dragon 2 Oscar Results!
Topic Started: 04 Mar 2016, 10:30 (9915 Views)
thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Umm... you guys are seriously still upset about this a year later?
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

BirdyTheBrave
23 Feb 2015, 10:45
This series is slowly becoming the Leonardo DiCaprio of the animation world.
Well, considering what happened in the last Oscar HTTYD 3 is booked to win now if that's the case!

But joking aside, people still didn't move on? I mean, yeah, I was kind of bombed too but it's been a year. Things changed, other films came out, is it really worth still obsessing over?

What happened happened, whter it was fair(For lack of a better term) or not. Let's just look forward to HTTYD 3 and hope it will get it and more importantly, deserve it.

Puff
Keep smiling.
:)

Hah, well. I never cared, and I never will care about awards of any kind.
Don't you think it's a bit pointless anyway? Of course HTTYD fans want their favourite movie to succeed, but I do think success of a movie isn't (or shouldn't be) truly measured by the amount of $$$ in the profits or the amount of award statues it recieved, but how it managed to get into the memories of people, to create a legacy (see Star Wars, or Lord of the Rings for example).

Oscar or not, HTTYD is still the same. ;)
Blender is my <3 (my CGI thread)

If you need anything, feel free to PM me

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

Puff
04 Mar 2016, 17:46
Hah, well. I never cared, and I never will care about awards of any kind.
Don't you think it's a bit pointless anyway? Of course HTTYD fans want their favourite movie to succeed, but I do think success of a movie isn't (or shouldn't be) truly measured by the amount of $$$ in the profits or the amount of award statues it recieved, but how it managed to get into the memories of people, to create a legacy (see Star Wars, or Lord of the Rings for example).

Oscar or not, HTTYD is still the same. ;)
Not really adding much here I know, but my opinion is pretty much the same it just doesn't matter to me at all either way.

More so commenting because I found it funny that the two examples you gave Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, did win Oscars, multiple in fact. XD :P
I know what you mean though, and I do agree with the sentiment. I just found it kind of funny was all.

See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

iluvhttyd
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

BirdyTheBrave
23 Feb 2015, 10:45
This series is slowly becoming the Leonardo DiCaprio of the animation world.
Considering Leo won an Oscar this year, maybe there's hope for the Dragons franchise. First time for everything.

8)

Pipwizard
Gronckle

Can't believe this franchise hasn't won much I mean I think it's soooooo much better than frozen ok I love that film too but dragons I mean we're talking dragons here lol I think they should definitely win something :D

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

Hey, look at how many awards the tv show has won in the Annie Awards. It pretty much took the cake from everyone else! ;)

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
03 Jul 2016, 01:44
Hey, look at how many awards the tv show has won in the Annie Awards. It pretty much took the cake from everyone else! ;)
I didnt know that. :blink:
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

draco
03 Jul 2016, 01:49
VeloYourSwaggyDragon
03 Jul 2016, 01:44
I didnt know that. :blink:
It (Riders of Berk and onwards) won several times for best animation over the years. There were a bunch of other awards the series' team won as well; Facebook has updates regarding who won what.

Alicia
Grape Master

That is so exciting, I never even heard about them winning any awards!
"You have the heart of a chief and the soul of a dragon..." ~ Valka, How To Train Your Dragon 2