Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
How to Train Your Dragon 2 Oscar Results!
Topic Started: 22 Feb 2015, 23:11 (9900 Views)
thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Big Hero 6 won... :(
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Fynriel
Gronckle

Oscars and Disney are in bed together, nothing new.

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

While "Big Hero 6" was a great movie, HTTYD 2 was better and I personally think it deserved the win more. Oh well, a Golden Globe is still something.

This proves that taking risks doesn't matter to the academy as they choose the more cliched film...

DarthBacon
Gronckle

After failing to nominate The Lego Movie, and not nominating the HTTYD 2 soundtrack, and now for voting for Big Hero 6 over Kaguya and HTTYD 2, it's now pretty clear that the Academy is a bunch of jokers who have no clue whatsoever to what they're doing.

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

I guess it's just hard to compete with the Disney juggernaut. :(

Oh well, HTTYD2 is still the winner in my book. ^_^ At least HTTYD2 won a Golden Globe and Annie without the all mighty Disney label.

At least Boxtrolls didn't win.

Pakba
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

I didn't know Shrek won the very first Oscar for animation.

Ficcdew_Horever
Hiccupis Mildewis amat

I say what no one says, I do what no one does, I go where no one goes.

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

No surprise Dragons 2 didn't win, but I'm still shocked BH6 got it over The Lego Movie or Kaguya. o_O

Fynriel, you are 100% accurate. xD

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

I admittedly haven't seen Big Hero 6 to have a true opinion on whether it was a worthy winner or not although judging by the reviews I certainly don't think it seems outrageous.

I do have to say though, that the accusations that the award is biased towards Disney are more emotional reactions to HTTYD 2 not winning than anything grounded in reality. It is true that Disney (or more accurately Pixar) has won Best Animated Feature more often than not since the award's inception, but if you look at the actual films that won, it's hard to find many that probably shouldn't have. You have some of Pixar's finest moments (Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, WALL-E, Up, Toy Story 3) and Frozen with the only somewhat questionable winner being Brave in 2012. I know this board as a whole doesn't have the most favorable view of Disney, but objectively that's a pretty impressive collection of films. Even if you disagree with this year's decision, claiming a conspiracy just isn't a very tenable position.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

gmarvin112
Member Avatar
Hatchling

Honestly, I don't take award shows seriously, and I don't think Big Hero 6 was a bad winner either. I thought it was great, even though HTTYD 2 would have had my vote. I'm just sitting here patiently waiting for the new Dragons season to air. That said, I don't judge anyone for being disappointed. I understand people get passionate about these things.