Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Stoicks funeral
Topic Started: 04 Jul 2016, 13:55 (5853 Views)
Pipwizard
Gronckle

I cried so hard watching this I can't watch it when I'm on a bus or train its so said especially when goober starts his words agh
May the Valkyries welcome you and lead you through Odin's great battlefield. May they sing your name with love and fury, so that we might hear it rise from the depths of Valhalla and know that you've taken your rightful place at the table of kings. For a great man has fallen: A warrior. A chieftain. A father. A friend.
So sad and when they all fire the arrows :(
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Yes, the Saddest part in the movie.
My jaw hit the floor when stoick died
I saw women crying there eyes out.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

EveryEmpireFalls
Hatchling

I thought it was in interesting move by the writers. Sad they killed him off though :(

Edit: they did it beautifully and respectfully though

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

EveryEmpireFalls
05 Jul 2016, 06:50
I thought it was in interesting move by the writers. Sad they killed him off though :(

Edit: they did it beautifully and respectfully though
I agree completely.

Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

mypartnerHiccup
Hiccup's Partner

I ALWAYS CRY AT THAT PART OF THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER STOICK THE VAST!!!!!!!!! :'(

:'( :stoick: :'( -_-
"Once a Partner, Always a Partner!"
Hiccup is mine! and Mine Alone!!
This is mypartnerHiccup signing off.

Alicia
Grape Master

I disregarded this movie until this year (basically pretended it didn't exist to the point where I forgot Stoick died) because of his death, and I still find it hard to accept. Hate it so much, even though I can see why it was somewhat necessary because Hiccup would never have agreed to take over his father otherwise. (Still think it was a bit of a cop out to force character development though....)
"You have the heart of a chief and the soul of a dragon..." ~ Valka, How To Train Your Dragon 2

Puff
Keep smiling.
:)

Well, of course Stoick's death was forced. That's what writers often have to do to get from point A to point B in a story in an acceptable way. Though in this case, I think his death was a plot point from the very beginning. To change Hiccup's perspective (to snap him out from is careless life, his naivity) in a less drastic way would take at least 10 more films. :D At the same time, this taught Hiccup a lesson; that sometimes he is not the one to show stuff to the world. That sometimes the world shows stuff to Hiccup, and that sometimes he's not going to like what he's being shown. And truthfully, even in the real world life can, and will slap you sooner or later if you don't think twice before acting.

I first saw this scene in the local cinema... but the atmosphere was a tad different. You see, there was this brief moment of silence right after Toothless blasted Stoick. And right in that moment, someone from the audience shouted "nailed it, bro!", and everyone bursted out laughing. Yeah, we don't get too emotional about movies I guess.

But anyway, I approve of this plot point. Not everything can be perfect. That's one of the many things life is about. ;)
Blender is my <3 (my CGI thread)

If you need anything, feel free to PM me