Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
[SPOILERS] HTTYD 3 review
Topic Started: 04 Apr 2019, 04:37 (11612 Views)
Hulk10
Terrible Terror

The message I take away is hide the dragons as the world will never accept them. Humans will never stop being selfish and violent.
Night Fury
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Hulk10
04 Apr 2019, 04:37
The message I take away is hide the dragons as the world will never accept them. Humans will never stop being selfish and violent.
I think it's meant to tie into real life. Humans today are still selfish and violent.

Sad, but true.

At least the Berkians know where they are and can help protect them. We can't, and I think that was kinda their way of breaking the fourth wall a bit. Hiccup and Astrid and the other Berk residents can visit them, but we will never find them, or whatever
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

Hulk10
Terrible Terror

Dragondog
05 Apr 2019, 02:06
Hulk10
I think it's meant to tie into real life. Humans today are still selfish and violent.

Sad, but true.

At least the Berkians know where they are and can help protect them. We can't, and I think that was kinda their way of breaking the fourth wall a bit. Hiccup and Astrid and the other Berk residents can visit them, but we will never find them, or whatever
Yeah I know...… And that's why I take that message away. There are those of us like myself who aren't selfish or violent. I would have preferred a different ending to the film trilogy.
Night Fury

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Hulk10
09 Apr 2019, 02:56
Dragondog
Hulk10

Sad, but true.

Yeah I know...… And that's why I take that message away. There are those of us like myself who aren't selfish or violent. I would have preferred a different ending to the film trilogy.
Agree to disagree :)
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

Hulk10
Terrible Terror

Dragondog
09 Apr 2019, 04:04
Hulk10
09 Apr 2019, 02:56
Dragondog

Sad, but true.

Agree to disagree :)
Same just as I also feel that there are other Night Furies out there.
Night Fury

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I don't really understand why the dragons had to leave for the Hidden World. Yes, I know that it was because of Grimmel, but he only ever seemed like a threat towards Toothless. He only wanted to exterminate the Night Fury species; he didn't want to destroy dragonkind as a whole. Drago, however, had a personal vendetta against all dragons, stemming from what they did to his village and his family. I think it would have been far better for the story if Dean had kept the original idea of Drago returning. Maybe he could have decided that he wanted to start a dragon genocide. (He believed that every single dragon should either be enslaved or killed. Since he wasn't capable of enslaving dragons anymore after the end of HTTYD 2, he might have believed that the only course of action left was to kill all dragons.) That could have been the justification for why every dragon (on Berk initially, but eventually all of dragonkind) had to leave for the Hidden World. That would have made much more sense to me, and I believe it would have added more depth to his character (which I thought was extremely well-written in HTTYD 2; he's my favourite villain in the entire franchise).
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Light Fury
Cape Starling

I personally felt Drago was an extremely shallow villain. Sure he had that little monologue of expository backstory, but that was about it. Sure, Grimmel was only after Night Furies. But that's just Grimmel. Hiccup already knows he has no idea how big the world actually is, or what kind of people live in it. But it is a fair (and honestly the more valid) assumption that there are more people like Grimmel. But they could be wanting to kill any particular species or all species. Or at the very least enslave all dragons, like the dragon hunters. The point of sending them to the hidden world was so that a) Toothless wouldn't get hunted down by Grimmel, and b) so that no dragon would get abused by ill-meaning humans (of which there are a lot). That's what Hiccup meant by
Quote:

Grimmel is just a sign of the times

Brother in arms of the forgotten disaster branch, Saturn Starlings.

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Ah, okay. :) Toothless couldn't stay with Hiccup because he wanted to be with the Light Fury, but at the same time he couldn't just be out in the wild with her because, without Hiccup's protection, Grimmel would have probably hunted and killed him eventually. (Isn't it beautiful that by damaging Toothless, Hiccup actually saved him?) I understand. But there is one problem with Hiccup's plan.

I assume that Hiccup travelled to the Hidden World to see Toothless maybe every decade or so, like he did in the epilogue of HTTYD 3. And this is the problem. What if he was followed? It would only take one person to see him, and they would probably tell everybody else. Then Hiccup would have achieved nothing, and dragons would be in danger again.
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE