Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Future of the Franchise
Topic Started: 17 Mar 2019, 22:51 (30099 Views)
Hulk10
Terrible Terror

What does the future hold for the characters of HTTYD I wonder. Will there be other stories about them?

The film series is over yes, and there are no plans for a fourth film yet. But what does the future hold for the franchise?
Night Fury
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Light Fury
Cape Starling

Franchise is over. Dean DeBlois has said as much, and I really don't think DreamWorks would be dumb enough to hire someone else to make more HTTYD content based on this world. Rescue Riders is based on a different HTTYD, perhaps closer to the books as the dragons can talk. There may be a short that will come with the home media release of The Hidden World, but that's about it.

Brother in arms of the forgotten disaster branch, Saturn Starlings.

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Well, I have set up a topic discussing the development of a potential HTTYD game, fan-made by those of us participating in the thread and anyone else who wants to help, so that might be an addition to the franchise. (Of course, even if we do manage to make the game, we'd need to get permission from Dreamworks to release it to the internet even if it could be downloaded for free, but I'm not thinking about that at the moment. I would like to see if we can actually begin the development first. I think Dragonrider's Fury has offered to help if Unity works for them.)

If anybody is interested, I have created a recruitment thread.

(Phew, those hyperlinks took some formatting. That could have possibly been the nerdiest thing I have ever said. :P 8))
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Hulk10
Terrible Terror

The films are over yes, that doesn't mean the franchise is.
Night Fury

Light Fury
Cape Starling

I guess the games might continue for a while. There might be some more related comics. But that's about it. I doubt there will be any new TV series to do with it. That's what I meant by "the franchise is over". There is unlikely to be any new content with these characters.

Brother in arms of the forgotten disaster branch, Saturn Starlings.

Hulk10
Terrible Terror

You never know. I don't think we can make that call yet.
Night Fury

jabbysleepy
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

I hope that Dean would reconsider :( the ending was great but I hope there would be another series continuing RTTE.

Hulk10
Terrible Terror

jabbysleepy
30 Mar 2019, 10:08
I hope that Dean would reconsider :( the ending was great but I hope there would be another series continuing RTTE.
Would be nice if he at least considered having more Night Furies. I could live with them having to stay in Hidden World for a while if there were more Night Furies.
Night Fury

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

And now, three years later, we have an answer! ...Although I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I accept Dragons: The Nine Realms as continuing the Dreamworks Dragons story. :huh:
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D