Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
[SPOILER] HTTYD 3 Ending Speculations?
Topic Started: 19 May 2014, 14:08 (13296 Views)
athena2235
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Have not read any of the books or seen the HTTYD2 yet, but my personal guess is that the dragons have to leave because, as many good dragon riders as there are, there will also always be bad people who want to capture and use dragons for evil. So Toothless and Hiccup make the decision that toothless must lead the dragons away to a place where no humans live so they they can live free and in peace. They sacrifice their personal relationship for the fate of all Dragons. And each must go on leading their respective "tribes" apart but always loyal to their memory of each other.

Pure guess though, could be way off.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Oneill5491
Terrible Terror

KentuckyWildcat
19 May 2014, 17:02
Dean explained his vision for the ending a bit on the last page of the interview posted here.

It's actually pretty darn close to the scenario that Oneill imagined. The biggest question for me is whether Toothless is among the "stalwart companions", or if he'll share the same fate as the other dragons whatever that may be.
Oh wow, I didn't even realize my envisioned scene was so close to what Dean had in mind. All I remember is that Dean wanted to conclude the franchise in the same way that Cowell has planned. Very cool.

ChinesischSchluckauf

[b]
[color=blue]Shut up, Mokuba!
[/color]
[/b]

IF they actually do intend to kill off the dragons or otherwise remove them, I have a feeling it's got something to do with Eret. I somehow don't trust him :/
Did anybody else notice my signature has shrunk?

Lastandir
Gronckle

ChinesischSchluckauf
11 Sep 2014, 05:20
IF they actually do intend to kill off the dragons or otherwise remove them, I have a feeling it's got something to do with Eret. I somehow don't trust him :/
There is a rumour, that "new" characters from 2nd movie will be very important in 3rd part.

dorcas18
Dragon Egg

Something tells me that with the box office performance of httyd2, Dreamworks may attempt to play safe with the third movie ( I really hope that I am wrong though)... So don't expect too much edgy story lines like the first one, but I do have faith that they would be able to complete the triology with a proper ending.

Every bucket is unique, observe and you will see~

ChinesischSchluckauf

[b]
[/color]
[/b]

dorcas18
11 Sep 2014, 14:38
Something tells me that with the box office performance of httyd2, Dreamworks may attempt to play safe with the third movie ( I really hope that I am wrong though)... So don't expect too much edgy story lines like the first one, but I do have faith that they would be able to complete the triology with a proper ending.
Maybe flying into the sunset? A little clichéd, I know, but I can't think of anything else

Pikey
Wow!

ChinesischSchluckauf
I hope not, I like Eret, I thought he was pretty chill.

Or maybe that's what they want me to think...

ChinesischSchluckauf

[b]
[/color]
[/b]

Pikey
11 Sep 2014, 15:21
ChinesischSchluckauf
I hope not, I like Eret, I thought he was pretty chill.

Or maybe that's what they want me to think...
#Prince Hans the Dragon Trapper

dorcas18
Dragon Egg

More like a final epic battle with a no one died ending sequence and berk becomes the headquarter of the dragon riders spreading peace through out the archipelago, promoting mutual existence between dragons and Vikings... The mission continues but the story ends here sort of story
Every bucket is unique, observe and you will see~

Pikey
Wow!

dorcas18
11 Sep 2014, 15:27
More like a final epic battle with a no one died ending
Assuming you mean no one *good* dies, it would go up in criticism most likely unless something happens. Obviously the bad guy needs to either get wrecked, or the good guys do something to avoid being wrecked themselves. Which might be where the whole dragon disappearance thing comes in.