Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
[SPOILER] HTTYD 3 Ending Speculations?
Topic Started: 06 Nov 2014, 23:44 (13056 Views)
Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Shnuckles
03 Nov 2014, 22:21
Guys, I already know how it ends, alright. I read a leaked script and know 100%!

If your curiosity gets the best of you, then click the spoiler tag. Just so you know, I'm a hundred percent telling the truth! You've been warned...
Spoiler: click to toggle
You know, they used to do all the credits at the beginning of movies (old Disney movies are the easiest source to find for this). I will laugh my proverbial posterior off if they do this in HTTYD 3, and have no end credits. Then you'll know that someone high up in production is reading these posts, and really wants to mess with your head.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Shnuckles
Deadly Nadder

Cartoon Freak
07 Nov 2014, 03:44
Shnuckles
03 Nov 2014, 22:21
Guys, I already know how it ends, alright. I read a leaked script and know 100%!

If your curiosity gets the best of you, then click the spoiler tag. Just so you know, I'm a hundred percent telling the truth! You've been warned...
Spoiler: click to toggle
You know, they used to do all the credits at the beginning of movies (old Disney movies are the easiest source to find for this). I will laugh my proverbial posterior off if they do this in HTTYD 3, and have no end credits. Then you'll know that someone high up in production is reading these posts, and really wants to mess with your head.
Oh My Gods. They'd do it just to spite me :O

HTTYD PT
Gronckle

1 thing is right dragons in HTTYD 3 will end on island of berk :(

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Once the 12th book comes out we might get a clearer understanding on how and then be able to formulate a response from that.

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

Okay so i don't know if it's been said yet but everyone is freaking out about the dragons being gone and yes i Know Dean said he wanted to follow the plot of the books that the dragons disappear bit do we not remember (for those of us who have read all the books up to now) that in Tooothless' How to Train your Viking Toothless said Something in the epilogue about how Hiccup never gave him up to the sea dragon and how he still never has given him up even as an old dragon.
So it's possible the movie will show the dragons starting to disappear and not fully have them leave.
I doubt there will be 4 movies. Dean doesn't seem too into that idea. Moat movie sets are great when there is a trilogy (just 3 movies no more) unless it's like star Wars or Star Trek adding in 4th and 5th etc. just ruins the series of movies.
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

Vorpent vs. Potato
Dragon Egg

httyd2-9764
19 May 2014, 04:37
I've seen through a couple sources in interviews with Cowell and Deblois where they talk about how they plan to end the trilogy (this is of course before news of a possible fourth movie came out).

There's been references that dragons will no longer inhabit Berk by the end of the third movie. I'll find some actual links to show, but even on the Wikipedia page page it says "Cressida Cowell has revealed that the trilogy and the book series will share their ends (with "an explanation as to why dragons are no more")".

This has really been bumming me out because NO DRAGONS? WHY DEAN DEBLOIS</3

Any thoughts?
Yes! I saw the same thing. I recall somewhere reading that the trilogy will end with Hiccup saying "When I was a boy, there were dragons."

I wish I could remember where though...

In the books, it's implied that the dragons will wiped out possibly by the Dragon Jewel, or as Hiccup says in the first book, "...have crawled back into the sea where men cannot follow...". But later he says "But the thing about dragons- and I am a person who KNOWS about dragons- is that it could very well be that they are merely SLEEPING down there..."

"There may yet come a time when Heroes are needed once more.
There may yet come a time when the dragons will come back."

Who knows?
"Isn't Fate artistic?"

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Quote:

In the books, it's implied that the dragons will wiped out possibly by the Dragon Jewel, or as Hiccup says in the first book, "...have crawled back into the sea where men cannot follow...". But later he says "But the thing about dragons- and I am a person who KNOWS about dragons- is that it could very well be that they are merely SLEEPING down there..."
You know, if they make it so that all dragons can sleep under water (obviously, it is reasonable to assume that aquatic dragons can sleep under water, but I'm talking about the other varieties), then that would ruin the emotional punch of a few scenes in both movies, and probably some in the TV series that I'm forgetting about. Mind you, I wouldn't put that past DeBlois but even I'm not thinking it's probable.

In addition, magical artefacts really don't seem like DeBlois' style.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Evan Electric Eel III
Shadow Striker

Everyone is saying that if "dragons are no more" it would be a terribly sad ending but I have thought of one even worse. Toothless being the only dragon left.

Evan Electric Eel III
Shadow Striker

The return of Drago with the Flightmare under his control (it comes to Berk every 10 years, the gap between the 1st and 3rd movie.)

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

Evan Electric Eel III
06 Jul 2015, 01:39
Everyone is saying that if "dragons are no more" it would be a terribly sad ending but I have thought of one even worse. Toothless being the only dragon left.
Thank you for just tearing my heart out of my chest, snapping it in half, and feeding it to a giraffe.

But I don't think it'll end with all the dragons gone, it may show why, but not the result. So basically showing the start of a 'Great Migration'.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha