Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
[SPOILER] HTTYD 3 Ending Speculations?
Topic Started: 19 May 2014, 00:37 (12832 Views)
httyd2-9764
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

I've seen through a couple sources in interviews with Cowell and Deblois where they talk about how they plan to end the trilogy (this is of course before news of a possible fourth movie came out).

There's been references that dragons will no longer inhabit Berk by the end of the third movie. I'll find some actual links to show, but even on the Wikipedia page page it says "Cressida Cowell has revealed that the trilogy and the book series will share their ends (with "an explanation as to why dragons are no more")".

This has really been bumming me out because NO DRAGONS? WHY DEAN DEBLOIS</3

Any thoughts?
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Oneill5491
Terrible Terror

While I don’t care to speculate as to what happens to the dragons at the end of HTTYD 3 (or 4?), I visualized in detail a bittersweet closing sequence where you see Hiccup as an older man (like in his 40s) with all the kids of Berk gathering around him, begging him to tell his story of the magnificent dragon, Toothless, he befriended as a young lad. Once all the kids gather ‘round, he begins the story by saying, “There were dragons when I was a boy…” And as he starts to go into the story, the scene changes to the cove and his voice starts to fade off with the transition. Then all you see is Hiccup, in complete solitude, sitting on the rock and drawing Toothless’ face into the dirt wearing a heart wrenching look of sorrow upon his face.

From there, I’m not sure where I would take that scene. I would probably do something that would show that he has found a certain level of contentment within his own tribe and family and with what he was able to accomplish to enrich the lives of those around him.

But I thought it would be fitting to come full circle on a few things like with Cressida Cowell's opening line in the first book to the franchise and with Hiccup revisiting the spot where it all started.

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

Oneill5491
19 May 2014, 05:22
While I don’t care to speculate as to what happens to the dragons at the end of HTTYD 3 (or 4?), I visualized in detail a bittersweet closing sequence where you see Hiccup as an older man (like in his 40s) with all the kids of Berk gathering around him, begging him to tell his story of the magnificent dragon, Toothless, he befriended as a young lad. Once all the kids gather ‘round, he begins the story by saying, “There were dragons when I was a boy…” And as he starts to go into the story, the scene changes to the cove and his voice starts to fade off with the transition. Then all you see is Hiccup, in complete solitude, sitting on the rock and drawing Toothless’ face into the dirt wearing a heart wrenching look of sorrow upon his face.

From there, I’m not sure where I would take that scene. I would probably do something that would show that he has found a certain level of contentment within his own tribe and family and with what he was able to accomplish to enrich the lives of those around him.

But I thought it would be fitting to come full circle on a few things like with Cressida Cowell's opening line in the first book to the franchise and with Hiccup revisiting the spot where it all started.
I think I just got teary eyed from this beautiful but saddening ending..
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

Oneill5491

Wow, just reading that really tugged at the old heartstrings.

Astrid
Gronckle

Oneill5491

ok I'm sad now :(

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Something happens that forces the dragons to leave Berk forever and Hiccup says something to Toothless along the lines of "I will miss you buddy... Don't ever forget me."

Toothless doesnt want to leave but he does go with the dragons since it isn't safe for the dragons anymore on Earth.

They go into a form of unwakable hibernation.

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

Dean explained his vision for the ending a bit on the last page of the interview posted here.

It's actually pretty darn close to the scenario that Oneill imagined. The biggest question for me is whether Toothless is among the "stalwart companions", or if he'll share the same fate as the other dragons whatever that may be.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Even if this is a predictable and lame method to add a 4th movie to a trilogy, but I would be happy with...

...IF the dragons are gone at the end of the 3rd movie.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

Astrid
Gronckle

KentuckyWildcat
19 May 2014, 17:02
Dean explained his vision for the ending a bit on the last page of the interview posted here.

It's actually pretty darn close to the scenario that Oneill imagined. The biggest question for me is whether Toothless is among the "stalwart companions", or if he'll share the same fate as the other dragons whatever that may be.
The answer to this will be much more intuitive once you've seen the 2nd film, because somethings there will rise some very interesting questions

Eret
....Son of Eret

Zer0x
19 May 2014, 17:02
Even if this is a predictable and lame method to add a 4th movie to a trilogy, but I would be happy with...

...IF the dragons are gone at the end of the 3rd movie.
wow look at the water in that gif, compared to the water in httyd2 :P