Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Httyd 3?
Topic Started: 14 Jun 2014, 18:34 (4455 Views)
WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

I want a reasonable reason (xD) why dragons just disappear. Maybe Drago? Maybe? I want Toothy and Hiccup grow apart.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

And...Yep...I'm a Nerd
Terrible Terror

orbmanson7
14 Jun 2014, 22:07
oh, man
well, we'll definitely see the dragons leaving... but i just can't wrap my head around HOW they are gonna pull that off
but i LOVE what nerd said up there--i REALLY wanna see Hiccup get ANGRY
that'd be wonderful~
we also really need some conclusive hiccstrid
there needs to AT LEAST be a wedding, i wouldn't think them having kids is quite in the cards, but it'd be a nice surprise
they just seem to be really carefully tip-toeing this couple in the movies and the show, so i doubt we'll get anything but a wedding with those two as the next step
but i'd love some drama coming from that, too~
I mean Dreamworks is smart, they know what 99% of this fandom wants...
Hiccup: Dragons are kind, amazing creatures that can bring people together
Drago: Or tear them apart...

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

I'm probably the 1% that doesn't want a wedding on screen. I don't want it to be a princessy movie, that all. For all I know, princesses and vikings are different.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

And...Yep...I'm a Nerd
Terrible Terror

WasBornCrazy
14 Jun 2014, 23:07
I'm probably the 1% that doesn't want a wedding on screen. I don't want it to be a princessy movie, that all. For all I know, princesses and vikings are different.
Doesn't have to be in HTTYD 3. Easily could make it a short or something like that. But if it doesn't happen in the movie you know the fandom is going to be rabid.
Hiccup: Dragons are kind, amazing creatures that can bring people together
Drago: Or tear them apart...

athena2235
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Probably need to think on it more, but the most plausible way I can see at the moment for the dragons to all leave is voluntary. I just can't see killing them all off, that seems like too much. People would be devastated. I would imagine that it would be more along the lines of Toothless, as the Alpha, needing to lead the dragons away to safety and freedom while Hiccup needs to stay behind and lead his people. Both of them being needed by their respective people is pretty much the only way I can think of them parting voluntarily.

I would imagine them parting would have something to do with Drago (or others) never going to give up on trying to control and use the dragons for their own selfish needs. The power and advantage that dragons afford is too much temptation, and too many come to want to use them instead of live with them. Kind of along the lines of Valka's "good dragons in bad hands" So sort of the whole, you must let them go so them can be free type thing. So Hiccup and toothless deciding that toothless must lead the dragons away, to a place where there are no humans to use or abuse them, so they can live the life dragons were meant to live as free creatures.

Plus it has the bonus of leaving up to the imagination that maybe one day dragons will be found again.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Bah I just want more storyline on Drago. And more time for the gang. Ugh.

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

HideousZippleback
14 Jun 2014, 15:31
Dragons leaving.
I'm extremely curious of how the heck they're gonna do that.

Cowell has it set up with the dragon jewel's secret and everything. In the books, they all tie together with prophecies and back stories. (So many that you can hardly keep straight)

With the movies... I just ... I have full faith in Dean that the last movie will be phenomenal.. But I just don't see how he's going to come up with a brand new way for the dragons to go....
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Hope_and_Heir
15 Jun 2014, 07:25
HideousZippleback
14 Jun 2014, 15:31
Dragons leaving.
I'm extremely curious of how the heck they're gonna do that.

Cowell has it set up with the dragon jewel's secret and everything. In the books, they all tie together with prophecies and back stories. (So many that you can hardly keep straight)

With the movies... I just ... I have full faith in Dean that the last movie will be phenomenal.. But I just don't see how he's going to come up with a brand new way for the dragons to go....
Maybe something Drago does? I have no clue... But I'm going to feel horrible for the gang (they better make that moment not just another Hiccup and Toothless scene only). But I wonder if they did kill Snotlout what would Hookfang do?

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Note that DeBlois does not have to use the same method for dragons disappearing as the books (indeed, from what little I know about that matter, it would probably prove rather impractical for the movie's universe). This also means that you don't have to have them go during Hiccup's lifetime (yes, I know DeBlois has referred to the "There were dragons when I was a boy" line, but I think that was more a thematic reference, rather than saying that they will have that exact line in the third movie). As a result, you could have it be discovered that dragons are gradually dying out due to declining birth rates or whatever, and have the actual extinction be a few generations down the line.

It is just a thought. Note also that I am in favour of any plan for the third movie that keeps Dreamworks from making a fourth movie (well, other than "make a movie so bad that no one will see it and Katzenberg will never want another sequel" - that plan didn't work with Shrek the Third, and it won't work here ;) ).
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

Cartoon Freak
15 Jun 2014, 13:27
Note that DeBlois does not have to use the same method for dragons disappearing as the books (indeed, from what little I know about that matter, it would probably prove rather impractical for the movie's universe).
Of course not. We know that ^o) They can't just introduce Cowell's whole plot that she invented throughout twelve books in one movie.
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'