Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
fears for httyd 3
Topic Started: 30 Aug 2014, 14:56 (9585 Views)
RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

dragons_ind
20 Jul 2014, 10:56
BerserkDragon
20 Jul 2014, 09:31
What I'd like for HTTYD 3 if there aren't any more seasons of the TV show after it:

I want the dragons to go for a good reason. Maybe for safety? Maybe someone or something is threatening them so they have to go into hiding, "not leaving a fang or a scale to remember them by"?

At the end, Hiccup is in his 60s, like in the books, and one day he's having a walk or something like that and he hears the call of a Night Fury. He thinks it's his mind playing tricks on him but then he sees Toothless in front of him (with more nubs than ever from age! :D ) Seen as Hiccup is an old man and the life span for people back then wasn't like it is now, he's pretty close to the end, and Toothless knew this so he wanted his rider and best friend to spend his last days with him, despite the danger for dragons.

I think that would be the best ending ever for a franchise. I'm definitely writing a oneshot for this.

PS: Tears came to my eyes when I imagined it. The feels, man...
Would be the best ending ever! Tears came to my eyes too. I hope Dean read this
DarthBacon
21 Jul 2014, 06:53
I love BerserkDragon's ending!! Best. Possible. Ending. Also I would love for it to end like this...

After the dragons have left Berk due to a reason that threatens their survival in Berk, the whole community is in a standstill. Hiccup, being the chief, keeps his emotions inside him, and tells his people that there was no other option, and that they can still survive without dragons. Then, Hiccup goes off and goes to the cove where he first met Toothless, and he thinks about all their moments together, and he absent-mindedly starts drawing Toothless on the ground, exactly like he did when he was a kid, and Hiccup tears up. And Astrid comes and comforts him, and they talk and walk away together...and the camera zooms out, showing the skies without any dragons, with the flying theme played softly, and then Hiccup begins his voice over, ' This is Berk....'

And then, in the post credits scene, we see Toothless over a cliff, standing away from all other dragons, looking into the horizon, thinking about Hiccup. And then, he hears a noise, and his ears quirk up, and he goes off to check...and after sometime, he comes across a clearing where 2 baby nightfuries are playing together...
If the dragons do "go away" at the end of the movie, these are the only two ways they could go about it without ruining the whole franchise, at least for me.
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

I Love You
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Cliched/Disney ending... It would be catastrophic.

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

A wedding.

Dun, dun, dun!

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

Double post sorry

*laughs awkwardly*

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

Pikey
Wow!

That's the cliché ending; a wedding and completely out of setting musical for the kids and the dragons are still there dancing too wouldn't that be soooo perfect!?