Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
fears for httyd 3
Topic Started: 20 Jun 2014, 20:09 (9796 Views)
HaddocksOrTails
Member Avatar
Gronckle

HideousZippleback
20 Jun 2014, 23:43
HaddocksOrTails
20 Jun 2014, 23:41
I don't think they would ever make a dragon movie without the dragons, there's no point in it.
Plus, Dean said that it was the Empire Strikes Back part of the trilogy, so it was meant to be darker than the first or the third one.
I just hope they won't be any older in the last episode, 40-year-old Hiccup would be beyond weird :-o
Ending the series with no dragons would be totally fine with me. I mean that's what it says the point is in the movie "To show why there are no dragons in the world anymore". So we need to accept that the dragons are leaving one way or another no matter what people say.
I don't know... It'd be really bitter and sad end to this whole thing. I mean if that happens, I'd wish they had never made another movie after the first one. Even if it's cliche, I'd rather have a silly "... and they lived happily ever after" ending to the series, because the main characters are so ridiculously cute that they don't deserve anything less than a happy life :-) I know it sounds stupid and immature, but I need a happy closure.
https://www.fanfiction.net/~haddocksortails
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

No dragons in some form or another doesn't necessarily have to be a complete downer of an ending though. Hiccup would be the chief of a close-knit village, very likely a husband and father by that point, and he could still have fond memories of when there were dragons. To me, the franchise is actually his coming of age story which happens to involve dragons rather than being about dragons. Therefore, I could imagine ending the franchise with the scene that Dean described at one point being quite moving and fitting even if it isn't a traditional fairy tale ending.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

Crest1347
Dragon Egg

It doesn't have to be that the dragons go away and its a sad story. It could be that they dragons hibernate/disappear while the world evolves before the dragons come back. After all, Drago and Stoick have kind of made that obvious. The latter fought the dragons with a single-minded devotion until he was saved from death by dragons. The former sees the dragons as a means to enslave the entire world. Really does not help the case for dragons staying.

As 100% Grade-A speculation, I am thinking that while they discarded Valka for Drago in this movie, she will become the antagonist or atleast a traitor to the Berkians when she tries to protect the dragons by using isolation (I especially see this case if Drago rebuilds a dragon army for the third movie).

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

I want a bitter ending for some reason. The first was bittersweet, the second too sweet, so I want a bitter ending to the whole series. Might just be me though.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

Cressida Cowell has revealed that the books and the films will share their ends and that there will be an explanation to why dragons are no more...
Spoiler: click to toggle
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Crest1347
21 Jun 2014, 05:38
As 100% Grade-A speculation, I am thinking that while they discarded Valka for Drago in this movie, she will become the antagonist or atleast a traitor to the Berkians when she tries to protect the dragons by using isolation (I especially see this case if Drago rebuilds a dragon army for the third movie).
Honestly, while I would have loved it if Valka was the villain of HTTYD 2, she simply wouldn't work as the villain of the third film. It's one thing for someone in her position to be against Berk training dragons before she's seen it for herself, but another entirely for her to be against it afterwards.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

mycove
Terrible Terror

Mmmm unless she makes a mistake, only wanting to save the dragons, or Hiccup ?...

Anyway, I'm totally up for an ending when the dragons are gone. Cruel as it sounds (I know what Toothless means for Hiccup), this could be just... life. And that would make all those moments even more precious.

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

I just hope that the whole movie isn't about the dragons extinction and that at the end it will only explain why it it happened.
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

Dan_Oceans
What do I put here again?

WasBornCrazy
21 Jun 2014, 05:45
I want a bitter ending for some reason. The first was bittersweet, the second too sweet, so I want a bitter ending to the whole series. Might just be me though.
It's not just you. I would love to see what happens with a bitter ending.
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"
Spoiler: click to toggle

Nightshade
Monstrous Nightmare

mycove
21 Jun 2014, 10:56
Anyway, I'm totally up for an ending when the dragons are gone. Cruel as it sounds (I know what Toothless means for Hiccup), this could be just... life. And that would make all those moments even more precious.
I like the idea that the dragons goes away, but there's one big question:
How will they do it?
It need to have a good reason for why the dragons goes away.
A wizard who comes and casts a spell so that all dragons die is out of the question.
It would be hard, but if they manage to do it right, it would make the movie a lot better.

EDIT: They should also remove all of Hiccups limbs, and maybe kill Valka and Gothi, and sink Berk, I am very creative now!! :3 (hire me dreamwurks, please! :D )