Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
fears for httyd 3
Topic Started: 21 Jun 2014, 12:15 (9797 Views)
Crest1347
Dragon Egg

Nightshade
21 Jun 2014, 15:50
mycove
21 Jun 2014, 10:56
Anyway, I'm totally up for an ending when the dragons are gone. Cruel as it sounds (I know what Toothless means for Hiccup), this could be just... life. And that would make all those moments even more precious.
I like the idea that the dragons goes away, but there's one big question:
How will they do it?
It need to have a good reason for why the dragons goes away.
A wizard who comes and casts a spell so that all dragons die is out of the question.
It would be hard, but if they manage to do it right, it would make the movie a lot better.
Uhm, Toothless is alpha now? Hiccup instructs Toothless, and Toothless uses the alpha magic to lead the dragons away.

As for the reason, that is why (of course) I like my idea. Valka, while liking Berk, might yet again see that rest of the world is not yet ready.

And now that I think about it, doesn't Hiccup always refer to Berk as a well-kept secret? So the dragons might leave the world...by retreating to Berk. (Maybe)

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

HaddocksOrTails
21 Jun 2014, 00:09
HideousZippleback
20 Jun 2014, 23:43
HaddocksOrTails
20 Jun 2014, 23:41
I don't think they would ever make a dragon movie without the dragons, there's no point in it.
Plus, Dean said that it was the Empire Strikes Back part of the trilogy, so it was meant to be darker than the first or the third one.
I just hope they won't be any older in the last episode, 40-year-old Hiccup would be beyond weird :-o
Ending the series with no dragons would be totally fine with me. I mean that's what it says the point is in the movie "To show why there are no dragons in the world anymore". So we need to accept that the dragons are leaving one way or another no matter what people say.
I don't know... It'd be really bitter and sad end to this whole thing. I mean if that happens, I'd wish they had never made another movie after the first one. Even if it's cliche, I'd rather have a silly "... and they lived happily ever after" ending to the series, because the main characters are so ridiculously cute that they don't deserve anything less than a happy life :-) I know it sounds stupid and immature, but I need a happy closure.
I would prefer an ending like that alright. Because I have grown to love the characters so much, I just couldn't bare to have the dragons go extinct only if it was at the very end of the movie and it was just a backstory or something
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

chimuelo
Blacksmith Apprentice

Hmm, I think the third movie could go in a few different directions. The first movie established Hiccup's role as a peace-maker and repaired his relationship with his father. In the second movie, Hiccup learned that war can be a necessary evil and repaired his relationship with his mother. What's left then?

I think the heart of the third movie will be Hiccup and Toothless struggling to live up to their new alpha roles. Through my personal experiences, I know that whenever someone accepts a new leadership position, they can feel inadequate because the previous leader left at the peak of their career. I think this sense of inadequacy and/or a poorly made decision that costs lives will be what "breaks" Hiccup in the first act of the movie.

I'm not sure what Hiccup's interaction with the world at large will be. The series has always reminded me of another classic coming of age trilogy: Shakespeare's history plays, Henry IV Parts 1-2 and Henry V. The parallels in the first two are fairly strong: in the first play, King Henry bemoans his son's unwarrior-like behavior, until the prince redeems himself in battle. In the second play, King Henry dies, and the prince becomes the new King Henry. So what would this imply for Hiccup in the third? I think it means that he will go to war against Drago to prove himself as a leader -- both of his homeland and of the world. His motives will be weak, the war will be costly and Hiccup will doubt himself along the way. But ultimately he will win.

Just a theory.

Quincy Dan
Member Avatar
The real Hiccup

Eret
20 Jun 2014, 18:14
you don't like character development??
I was going to ask the same thing. Character development is part of telling a good story, and without a good story, these movies would be terrible.

Toothless
the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself

I've heard a lot of talk about toothless and hiccup being separated for good. I really don't want that to happen but it may be alright depending on the way they do it

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

DerangedTheDagur
20 Jun 2014, 18:52
My main fear deals with a quote I have heard a few times now. I think it's from the books, and I hear it may be incorporated into the movie...

"There were dragons when I was a boy."

Or something to that extent. Is there going to be an extinction? What is going on? I don't want the dragons to die out
Here's how that quote could be made great:

"There were dragons when I was a boy. There were Vikings, too...."

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Here's one scene I've thought of for Movie 3, that goes along with my idea of what Drago might do in Movie 3 (too lazy to find the post)--

In movie 1 we got "Forbidden Friendship". In movie 2 we got "For the Dancing and the Dreaming". Structurally similar, only with Stoick and Valka.

What if, in movie 3 we got a structurally similar scene, only with Toothless and that other Night Fury (mentioned in other post I'm too lazy to look up)

I enjoy structure and patterns, and that would just totally rock.

Also I would enjoy if at the end of the movie series, it turns out all the dragons headed off to China, and hid among the innumerable dragon statues, and would occasionally be seen in Dreamworks Shanghai, of course. :) Toothless would be able to fly on his own due to his new back fins ( I am posting in the post-movie board, right?) and then fanfic authors could write about how Toothless could take the kids out for summer vacation and fly back to visit Hiccup (because there are no more Vikings--they all sailed to Newfoundland, the "New World", that's why there are no more Vikings in the world--the Old World)

That would give it a very Tolkien feel--the Elves sailing away--yet still a satisfying ending.

There. That's the closest thing to fanfic that you'll ever catch me doing. Maybe.

Pakba
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

I wouldn't dwell too much on this. You would only spoil yourself. But, if you really want to know where the dragons went...
Spoiler: click to toggle

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

Nightshade
20 Jun 2014, 19:00
Toothless dying in the beginning of the movie, it would seriously be boring if that happened :(
There wouldn't be much of a movie if that happened. I mean it's called How to Train Your Dragon and he is one of the maon characters of the franchise. I can't see there being much story if he dies at the begining.
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

chupacabra
Member Avatar
Hatchling

httyd3 might reference httyd2 like having toothless sacrifice himself to save hiccup the way stoick did