Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Httyd 3 Plot Ideas
Topic Started: 21 Sep 2014, 14:33 (12215 Views)
RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

gmarvin112
21 Sep 2014, 04:06
RealHousewifeofBerk
20 Sep 2014, 23:06
I would love for it to be her who kills one of the bad guys, be it Drago or the newly-announced antagonist. Not likely to happen, I know, and it'd be way more likely if Hiccup killed him, and if he doesn't, it seems like Valka would be next in line of likeliness to kill Drago, because they'd have the most reason to to avenge Stoick. But I'd like to see where maybe Hiccup goes to try to kill Dragon, and instead, Drago almost kills Hiccup, then Astrid shows up just in time, gets pretty beat up herself, but then finally manages to kill Drago.
I don't think any of the main characters are gonna kill Drago. Yes, I do believe Drago is gonna die in part 3, but I have a feeling it's gonna be his Bewilderbeast that kills him. It just seems like poetic justice to me. I could be wrong, though.
Good point. No matter how hard I try, I can't really see any of the human characters really actually killing anyone. And the whole time, I really felt bad for his Bewielderbeast. :(

My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Eret
....Son of Eret

I mean... there are more interesting characters than the background teenagers, sorry not sorry... I'd rather see the main characters do significant things like main characters are supposed to do than watch the last movie ever in this franchise waste time developing background characters who have never been awfully significant to the films.... just being honest. save development for the other kids for the TV show when theres time to focus on characters who are just there for filler in the movie.

gmarvin112
Member Avatar
Hatchling

Eret
21 Sep 2014, 23:58
I mean... there are more interesting characters than the background teenagers, sorry not sorry... I'd rather see the main characters do significant things like main characters are supposed to do than watch the last movie ever in this franchise waste time developing background characters who have never been awfully significant to the films.... just being honest. save development for the other kids for the TV show when theres time to focus on characters who are just there for filler in the movie.
This. Exactly this. It just wouldn't make sense for them to focus on Snotlout, Tuffnut, etc. at this point of this story.

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

Eret
Exactly my feelings on this. Realistically, there's not going to be enough time in just about any movie to properly give deep development and a complex backstory to that many different characters. That's especially true for one that will in all likelihood will be working with a strict time limit somewhere short of the 2-hour mark. I'd rather keep the focus on Hiccup and those most important to him (Astrid, Toothless, and Valka in no particular order).

That being said, I do agree with those who would like to see Astrid actually do something meaningful since I do view her as on of the main characters. Her prowess as a warrior is supposed to be one of her defining characteristics, so it seemed like a waste of her character for her to more or less be a helpless bystander during the climax of HTTYD 2. Hopefully the finale won't repeat that decision.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

gmarvin112
Member Avatar
Hatchling

KentuckyWildcat
22 Sep 2014, 01:20
Eret
Exactly my feelings on this. Realistically, there's not going to be enough time in just about any movie to properly give deep development and a complex backstory to that many different characters. That's especially true for one that will in all likelihood will be working with a strict time limit somewhere short of the 2-hour mark. I'd rather keep the focus on Hiccup and those most important to him (Astrid, Toothless, and Valka in no particular order).

That being said, I do agree with those who would like to see Astrid actually do something meaningful since I do view her as on of the main characters. Her prowess as a warrior is supposed to be one of her defining characteristics, so it seemed like a waste of her character for her to more or less be a helpless bystander during the climax of HTTYD 2. Hopefully the finale won't repeat that decision.
To be fair, it's not like she was the only character who was a bystander in the climax. Everyone was a bystander, even Hiccup to some extent.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Berkian1
04 Sep 2014, 18:02
orcadolphin
03 Sep 2014, 23:26
Personally, I wouldn't want another Night Fury to appear. It feels weird to think of a scene where hundreds-- maybe thousands of Night Furies are discovered. If you're going to make another Night Fury appear, don't. If you do, just one, two, heck, maybe even 3-4. I'm not sure how I'd feel if more Night Furies appeared, but I'd be... infuriated

*ba dum tss*

And whatever the heck you do, DON'T focus on relationships/marriage/love/etc. for the main plot. Weddings in films between the main character and another main character are really cliche'd huehue hu e *coughfrozencough*

at least astrid isn't solely just a character whose only purpose is to be hiccup's boyfriend

no weddings pls okay maybe before or after the film but noT dDur ign thRe fILm hhHHHHHHHHHHh hhh nO.
Don't worry. No amount of night furies can overshadow Toothless. I believe that he is special even among his own kind. I think he has the heart of a dragon and the soul of a human. But I do agree it would be weird to see a whole "flock" of night furies.

Wow! Great point.
And as for heart of a dragon and soul of a human for toothless, wow! Wow that was good.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Eret
....Son of Eret

KentuckyWildcat
22 Sep 2014, 01:20
Eret

I consider Astrid a main or at least secondary character as well. When I say "background characters" I mean Ruffnut, Tuffnut, Snotlout and Fishlegs, and their dragons I guess. I don't mind that they don't do much of anything substantial aside from crack jokes every once in a while. They're not meant to and the story doesn't suffer at all because of it. Hiccup, Toothless, Valka, Astrid, Drago, and possibly Eret are all characters who's development does hinder or advance the story, and those are the characters who should have the main focus.

Berkian1
Terrible Terror

draco
22 Sep 2014, 07:17
Berkian1
04 Sep 2014, 18:02
orcadolphin
03 Sep 2014, 23:26
Personally, I wouldn't want another Night Fury to appear. It feels weird to think of a scene where hundreds-- maybe thousands of Night Furies are discovered. If you're going to make another Night Fury appear, don't. If you do, just one, two, heck, maybe even 3-4. I'm not sure how I'd feel if more Night Furies appeared, but I'd be... infuriated

*ba dum tss*

And whatever the heck you do, DON'T focus on relationships/marriage/love/etc. for the main plot. Weddings in films between the main character and another main character are really cliche'd huehue hu e *coughfrozencough*

at least astrid isn't solely just a character whose only purpose is to be hiccup's boyfriend

no weddings pls okay maybe before or after the film but noT dDur ign thRe fILm hhHHHHHHHHHHh hhh nO.
Don't worry. No amount of night furies can overshadow Toothless. I believe that he is special even among his own kind. I think he has the heart of a dragon and the soul of a human. But I do agree it would be weird to see a whole "flock" of night furies.

Wow! Great point.
And as for heart of a dragon and soul of a human for toothless, wow! Wow that was good.
Thank you!
"Hiccup what you're looking for isn't out there. It's in here, maybe you just don't see it yet."

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

In HTTYD2 we saw Hiccup and Toothless friendship put to the test. How about Hiccup's relationship with Astrid being put through some kind of trial in HTTYD3.

As for the 'disappearance of dragons.' Maybe Hiccup will think about the threats people like Drago, the Berserkers and the Outcasts had been to their dragons. He'll realize that Berk and the dragons will always be in danger as long as dragons live among vikings. As chief, he has to do whats best for his people and the dragons. So he makes the choice to send the dragons away. I would love to see an emotional farewell scene between Hiccup and Toothless.

gmarvin112
Member Avatar
Hatchling

Berserk Shieldmaiden
23 Sep 2014, 02:47
In HTTYD2 we saw Hiccup and Toothless friendship put to the test. How about Hiccup's relationship with Astrid being put through some kind of trial in HTTYD3.

As for the 'disappearance of dragons.' Maybe Hiccup will think about the threats people like Drago, the Berserkers and the Outcasts had been to their dragons. He'll realize that Berk and the dragons will always be in danger as long as dragons live among vikings. As chief, he has to do whats best for his people and the dragons. So he makes the choice to send the dragons away. I would love to see an emotional farewell scene between Hiccup and Toothless.
If they do decide to put Hiccup and Astrid's relationship through some sort of trial, I really, really hope it's not a love triangle. That's the last thing this franchise needs.