Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Httyd 3 Plot Ideas
Topic Started: 23 Sep 2014, 02:29 (12067 Views)
Pikey
Wow!

The point still remains: Drago, the Berserkers, and the Outcasts are all humans causing conflict with the dragons; and the dragons are having to be sent away for a human made problem.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

gmarvin112
23 Sep 2014, 03:32
Berserk Shieldmaiden
23 Sep 2014, 02:47
In HTTYD2 we saw Hiccup and Toothless friendship put to the test. How about Hiccup's relationship with Astrid being put through some kind of trial in HTTYD3.

As for the 'disappearance of dragons.' Maybe Hiccup will think about the threats people like Drago, the Berserkers and the Outcasts had been to their dragons. He'll realize that Berk and the dragons will always be in danger as long as dragons live among vikings. As chief, he has to do whats best for his people and the dragons. So he makes the choice to send the dragons away. I would love to see an emotional farewell scene between Hiccup and Toothless.
If they do decide to put Hiccup and Astrid's relationship through some sort of trial, I really, really hope it's not a love triangle. That's the last thing this franchise needs.
I agree. And I don't want them to just bicker over something trivial, and I don't want it to just make Astrid look like a whiney bitch. "You don't pay enough attention to me!" or "OMG you don't take this relationship seriously!" Maybe they disagree over something political, like Hiccup thinks one thing would be better for Berk and the dragons, but Astrid thinks it would just lead to another war with a different island somehow?

My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

Estae
Dragons!

Eret
21 Sep 2014, 23:58
I mean... there are more interesting characters than the background teenagers, sorry not sorry... I'd rather see the main characters do significant things like main characters are supposed to do than watch the last movie ever in this franchise waste time developing background characters who have never been awfully significant to the films.... just being honest. save development for the other kids for the TV show when theres time to focus on characters who are just there for filler in the movie.
This is true! I didn't mean, in my rants, that they need an aweful lot of screentime - no way, I was talking about the background characters in the screentime they already and only have, and that I think in this time they should have a job to do, they should be doing something, instead of always just nodding at hiccup and saying something stupid or unoppinionated. The camera can still fully be on hiccup,astrid,valka,toothless, while the side characters and bystanders are off doing important things to help in the background. Like, idk, maybe snotlout and fishlegs have a book or machine they build off of hiccups findings, or maybe in a tensious scene they very subtley chose sides or preparded to defend or attack, or something, anything, as long as it's there (which only takes a few seconds, if that, in the movie, and doesn't have to be the focus in any scene, they can litterally do it while the camera is on someone else talking), anything that shows they're making a decision explicitly on their own. In a realistic story - this is what they would be doing, they wouldn't just be sitting around listening and nodding at everything hiccup has to say.

But like I said earlier - I can't ask for too much, it's an animation under 2 hours and if DWA barely has enough time to develop the main characters' story, then by gods they do not have any time to put effort into background characters doing background things in the background! Lol

TLDR; I certainly want to see the most out of the main characters, it's just I don't think that the side characters should be so utterly useless within themselves. :/
gmarvin112
23 Sep 2014, 03:32
If they do decide to put Hiccup and Astrid's relationship through some sort of trial, I really, really hope it's not a love triangle. That's the last thing this franchise needs.
Wow, I agree with this so much I barely have the words to express how much I agree on this statement. A love triangle would absolutely be the last thing on this planet that anyone, anything, anydragon, needs ever.

-dragon-racers on tumblr *Not a spoiler-free blog.

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

Estae
23 Sep 2014, 16:59

Wow, I agree with this so much I barely have the words to express how much I agree on this statement. A love triangle would absolutely be the last thing on this planet that anyone, anything, anydragon, needs ever.
Yeah I wouldn't want a love triangle but just a test of the strength of their relationship that brings them closer than ever at the end.

Eret
....Son of Eret

Berserk Shieldmaiden
23 Sep 2014, 18:43
Estae

Yeah I wouldn't want a love triangle but just a test of the strength of their relationship that brings them closer than ever at the end.
Well, if it helps, the fact that there were zero hints towards a love triangle in HTTYD2 even though Astrid spent more time with Eret than she did with Hiccup makes it a lot less likely that they'll bother introducing that side plot in the third film. I think we're safe from that narrative torture ;)

gmarvin112
Member Avatar
Hatchling

Eret
23 Sep 2014, 21:20
Berserk Shieldmaiden
23 Sep 2014, 18:43
Estae

Well, if it helps, the fact that there were zero hints towards a love triangle in HTTYD2 even though Astrid spent more time with Eret than she did with Hiccup makes it a lot less likely that they'll bother introducing that side plot in the third film. I think we're safe from that narrative torture ;)
Yeah, it's definitely not gonna happen. I'm positively sure of that. Hiccup and Astrid were portrayed as a very healthy and mature couple, and there were no signs at all that pointed to a love triangle. But can you imagine if they did go that route? I think it would seriously ruin the third movie for me. But you're right. Of all the ways to test and further Hiccup and Astrid's relationship, I really doubt Dean Deblois would go with something as trivial and cliche as a love triangle. I think it would be worse for Eret's character. He's so interesting, and I doubt they'd introduce him in the second movie just to become a love interest in the third. I think his father is going to come into play somehow. I also believe that he knows something about the Night Furies. If Toothless was really the last one, how would Eret and Drago recognize him just by his whistle? I'm also sure other people have said this, but Drago's dragon-skin cape looks like Night Fury skin. But that's just a theory.

Estae
Dragons!

gmarvin112
23 Sep 2014, 22:23
[...] I think [Eret's] father is going to come into play somehow. [...]
AHahaha, I'm sorry, but all I could think of is Eret's father introducing himself as "I'm Eret, Father of Eret." And then going off about his own tribe/people as Eret son of Eret stands proudly. ;)

-dragon-racers on tumblr *Not a spoiler-free blog.

Eret
....Son of Eret

gmarvin112
23 Sep 2014, 22:23
think it would be worse for Eret's character. He's so interesting, and I doubt they'd introduce him in the second movie just to become a love interest in the third. I think his father is going to come into play somehow. I also believe that he knows something about the Night Furies. If Toothless was really the last one, how would Eret and Drago recognize him just by his whistle? I'm also sure other people have said this, but Drago's dragon-skin cape looks like Night Fury skin. But that's just a theory.
Well, I love Eret, so I would not be opposed to any of this :) I want the third film to be heavy on the Eret and Valka and the history of Night Furies.

Pikey
Wow!

I really hope Eret is one of the interesting characters to have more importance in the third, and Valka too, which I guess is a given. :P

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

alexhero
30 Jun 2014, 18:12
I personally hope for Drago to come back but with a new dragon army. Then I wonder how will Dreamworks explain why dragons no longer exist but I personally think that it will have something to do with Toothless being Alpha. So just share your thoughts and ideas for the 3rd movie plot. :P
pattern: 1. dragon controls dragon 2. human controls dragon....
3. dragon controls human? What might that look like? Is that why Hiccup would think dragons and humans need to be separated?

(sorry if I'm covering old ground--this is not a stellar week for me, and so tend to be distracted)