Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Probably HTTYD3 [spoilers]
Topic Started: 24 Aug 2014, 19:41 (6446 Views)
SilaNightFury
Lemon Guru and Cloudjumper Fangirl~

Sorry for the problems Berknation... I flew off the handle a bit...
^_^

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Dan_Oceans
What do I put here again?

Whatever the mod did, the mod did. I honestly think that the more people reply to this, the more it feels like we're kicking a dead horse to make it move. We've already stated our opinions, can we please just leave it at that?
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"
Spoiler: click to toggle

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

"I was so afraid of becoming my dad. Mostly because I thought I never could. How do you become someone that great, that brave, that selfless? I guess you can only try."</3

Night Fury
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

MC_Oceans
24 Aug 2014, 23:49
Whatever the mod did, the mod did. I honestly think that the more people reply to this, the more it feels like we're kicking a dead horse to make it move. We've already stated our opinions, can we please just leave it at that?
Well, since my opinions were deleted (I don't know why they were; maybe it was accidental or perhaps the admin misunderstood my words). But in any case I'd like to point out the following things...

I think it's okay to support any cause that is important to you even if other people don't consider it important. And it's okay to sign as many petitions as you want even if some aren't as important as others.

I believe that signing or not signing the petition is a personal decision and neither choice makes you more or less of a fan.

I doubt that Dean DeBlois would be offended by the petition. You need to have a thick skin to work in Hollywood. Studios are petitioned quite frequently by fans, and directors are also subject to scathing critical reviews and fan backlash on a regular basis.

SilaNightFury
Lemon Guru and Cloudjumper Fangirl~

MC_Oceans
Let us stop kicking the dead horse! :toothless:
^_^

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

SilaNightFury
25 Aug 2014, 00:50
MC_Oceans
Let us stop kicking the dead horse! :toothless:
Everyone pretty much knows about it... If you signed it ok if you didn't ok. This conversation is getting old. :unsure:
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

Not trying to mod or anything, but hasn't there already been like, two other threads about this?

Also, I'm not signing. -_-

MrBungle
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

I'm curious as to whether supporters of the petition think they know how to tell a better story than Dean DeBlois? Are you going to petition Cressida Cowell to retcon her stories?

Night Fury
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

MrBungle
25 Aug 2014, 02:58
I'm curious as to whether supporters of the petition think they know how to tell a better story than Dean DeBlois? Are you going to petition Cressida Cowell to retcon her stories?
I view the books and movies as different stories, which they kind of are... plus Toothless isn't remotely the same character in the books.

The whole idea of ending the movies the same as the books kind of blindsided me. I think it's pretty unnecessary, myself.

MrBungle
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Night Fury
25 Aug 2014, 03:23
The whole idea of ending the movies the same as the books kind of blindsided me. I think it's pretty unnecessary, myself.
If you believe you can tell a better ending than Dean DeBlois, I would love for you to write it down now and make it public, so that we can compare and contrast it with the official ending when HTTYD3 comes out.