Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Probably HTTYD3 [spoilers]
Topic Started: 25 Aug 2014, 01:11 (6445 Views)
HTTYD Astrid
Dragon Egg

Well,guys
Whether to sign the petition is somewhat a 2-side problem [which almost drives me mad]
And it almost unlikely to ended up in a win-win situation
I do admire Dean's talent and the inspirations he made into the film
But still I sign the petition just in an attempt if I could change something
Anyway,it will be fine if the petition (if) doesn't work
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

toothless lover
fangirl

If hiccup and toothless get permanently get separated
Then how can they make a HTTYD4 :'(
KEEP CALM AND TRAIN DRAGONS

������

[spoiler=LOL]I have no idea how to breath[/spoiler]

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

toothless lover
25 Aug 2014, 10:24
The thing is, I don't think that they'll make a HTTYD 4 ;) it would be awesome to keep Dragons going for as long as possible, but if they keep going then it will ruin the magic. Best to keep it short and amazing than long and dull ;)
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

toothless lover
fangirl

BerserkDragon
25 Aug 2014, 10:57
toothless lover
The thing is, I don't think that they'll make a HTTYD 4 ;) it would be awesome to keep Dragons going for as long as possible, but if they keep going then it will ruin the magic. Best to keep it short and amazing than long and dull ;)
+_+ <----me

I'm dead

������

LawOfTheSeas
Defender of Insanity and Master of Apologies

BerserkDragon
25 Aug 2014, 10:57
toothless lover
I agree with Berserk on this one. As great as it would be to have a really long story, and keep it going for ages and ages and ages, that would only work in a perfect world. In reality, one day the writers would run out of ideas, and it would be almost like watching the same moments again and again. DeBlois and the producers know that, and I think that, yes, they are doing it for themselves, but they also know that an audience does not want to be fed things that it has already seen on screen. Which is why many believe that the lengthy Star Wars franchise was a bad idea. And although it doesn't always happen, it's best to cut it off on a high before people lose interest.
I HAVE RETURNED!

Did you miss me?

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

I have one thing to say.

You guys who want a Disney (aka, happy) ending. You suck. I don't mean to offend anyone, but seriously, the ending is a big issue. Just because you've grown to 'love' Disney endings, doesn't mean everything ends happily. One of my favourite movies is Gallipoli. You could call it the worst movie ever, but the ending is pretty unique.

Again, we want HTTYD to be special, not like very other film out there.

i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

WasBornCrazy
25 Aug 2014, 12:31
I have one thing to say.

You guys who want a Disney (aka, happy) ending. You suck. I don't mean to offend anyone, but seriously, the ending is a big issue. Just because you've grown to 'love' Disney endings, doesn't mean everything ends happily. One of my favourite movies is Gallipoli. You could call it the worst movie ever, but the ending is pretty unique.

<3

Also, a casual reminder that life is complicated and has consequences, and that reality doesn't necessarily have happy endings. What if we were to decide whether Hiccup had his leg amputated, or if Stoick died or not? The series just wouldn't be the same, it wouldn't be as unique, as heartfelt, as life changing as it is right now, if we had made everything work out in the end. Because not every thing works out in real life.

Granted, this is my own opinion, but I trust that Dean DeBlois can make a great ending.

toothless lover
fangirl

cometotheberkside
25 Aug 2014, 13:29
WasBornCrazy
I have one thing to say.

<3

Also, a casual reminder that life is complicated and has consequences, and that reality doesn't necessarily have happy endings. What if we were to decide whether Hiccup had his leg amputated, or if Stoick died or not? The series just wouldn't be the same, it wouldn't be as unique, as heartfelt, as life changing as it is right now, if we had made everything work out in the end. Because not every thing works out in real life.

Granted, this is my own opinion, but I trust that Dean DeBlois can make a great ending.

Do you have to remind me about real life
That's why I play games and watch stuff

������

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

toothless lover
25 Aug 2014, 13:34

Do you have to remind me about real life
That's why I play games and watch stuff

Well, that's why I hang out here and on tumblr.

Night Fury
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

WasBornCrazy
I don't think a separation ending would make it special or unique. That's one of the things the petition is trying to say.

There are ways it could be made original and unique, such as killing Hiccup or even having both of them die together, but I don't think those options would be considered. Instead, we'll probably get a mutual separation which has been done hundreds of times before in other movies.

Bittersweet ending would be fine with me, but there are literally countless ways they could pull that off. The first film is a good example of a bittersweet ending that is actually more happy while still being creative and unique.