Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hopes for Httyd 3?
Topic Started: 29 Aug 2014, 12:39 (6334 Views)
Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

I want a definitive ending, so definitive that even Katzenberg will be unable to force anymore sequels. Fortunately, what little evidence we have at the moment suggests that DeBlois is trying to do this. No guarantees, of course, but still, this is the topic for hopes.
Quote:

What I DON'T want is for Hiccup to say at the beginning or the end: "There were dragons when i was a boy." If he says something like that I'll just cry on the spot.
There's a part of me that wants them to do that line, and then have Hiccup follow up with, "In fact, there are. Past and present tense are not mutually exclusive." I mostly want this because it will mess with people's heads. Okay, so I don't want this as much as them actually going with the definitive ending, but if they're going to chicken out to leave room for more sequels, then they may as well give me a laugh of schadenfreude in the process.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Pikey
Wow!

I really hope it doesn't end like that but how the ones up to now have gone I can see it happening. :/

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

I hate sad ending, but in the first time i want that ending. I'm expecting something to make me cry, harder than Stoick's funeral. Like BerserkDragon's Two Alphas ending ^_^

In other side, i wanna huge of epicness and (hopefully) oscar-winning soundtracks.
Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

Lemme see:

1. No marriage. SERIOUSLY. JUST. NO.
2. No super-predictable ending. Again. NO.
3. Some kind of death.
4. Gothi. (IDK why. I just want to see her alive in HTTYD 3)
5. Awesome soundtracks.
6. Humour with seriousness tied into it.
7. HTTYD 1 & 2 references.
8. A reasonable explanation for dragons' deaths/hibernation/disappearance.
9. Toothy and Hiccup being separated.
10. FEELS. I NEED DA FEELS.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

Dan_Oceans
What do I put here again?

What I want from HTTYD3 is a good pick up from where they left off. While they may deal with that in the new season [no idea what it's called, shows how much I watch TV], I would love to see what happened if they skipped to another point in time, surely there must've been a challenge or to that they would end up skipping.

On the matter of an ending, having it come full circle and ending where the books start or something similar to it, would be a nice bittersweet ending full of feels that I would love to wallow in for a few hours. Keeping Toothless and Hiccup together would be too generic an ending to me and lazy. I doubt it's going to happen.

Hiccup and his trials as a chief would be interesting to watch and seeing how he's grown as a chief and passing his duties to his child[ren] (<-- You never know) might be a nice way to end it, dragons or not. Feels are very likely, that's for certain.

(I am never good with paragraphs [facepalm])
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"
Spoiler: click to toggle

Night Fury
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

- More Valka and Cloudjumper. They're obviously close, having been together for 20 years, but HTTYD 2 kind of glossed over their relationship.

- The details of Gobber's "other reason".

- Toothless feeling guilt over what happened to Stoick.

- No generic or predictable ending, such as separating Hiccup and Toothless. Way too many films have played that card.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

ACMusicVids
29 Aug 2014, 14:05
At least one more Night Fury :)

Yup
But a female
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

I want a range of emotion brought out in me. I want to feel deeply.

I Love You
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

I might die from laughter if they did a Dragons of the Caribbean ending where Hiccup has to leave with Toothless because he has the soul of a dragon and he can only return to Berk every 10 years and also Astrid has to raise their child as a single parent and Astrid is the one telling her child "There were dragons when I was a girl." :D

Night Fury
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

What if they find more Night Furies, but Drago kills them somehow? Well, it might satisfy those craving a sad ending.