Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Release date shifted
Topic Started: 03 Sep 2014, 13:38 (5435 Views)
Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Short response: yay.

Longer response: in principle, a longer production time probably means a better movie, which is the most important factor. We could get into arguments about box office and awards if we really wanted to, but I think we can all agree that getting the best possible movie is the most important thing by far.

Of course, longer production time is not a foolproof path to a better movie. After all, I for one can think of a few movies that were rewritten too much or too many times, and suffered greatly for it. But all the examples that come to mind had specific reasons, flawed as they were, behind the changes, and there is no reason at this point to suppose that any of them apply here.

As a minor note on the business side of things, I will admit to being slightly baffled by the decision to push the release date back a full year, rather than just a few months, since this is pretty clearly just to dodge the competition with Finding Dory. But hey, I'm sure all the people involved with the decision are infinitely better businesspeople than myself, so I'm sure there's at least some good reasoning behind it.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote