Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Release date shifted
Topic Started: 02 Sep 2014, 18:30 (5340 Views)
dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

From Pitch Engine
Quote:

On the heels of the success of their latest epic adventure, Hiccup and Toothless have plans to soar across the big screen once again with the announcement of the third chapter in DreamWorks Animation’s How to Train Your Dragon series shifting to a June 9, 2017 release date. From the same creative team as the first two films, writer/director Dean DeBlois and producer Bonnie Arnold, How to Train Your Dragon 3 continues the story where the sequel leaves off (sorry folks, no spoilers here). Returning cast includes Jay Baruchel as Hiccup, America Ferrera as Astrid and Cate Blanchett as Valka.
If this is true, i'm glad they pushed the release date. This will give them enough time for "perfecting" the movie and prevent animation war

And yeah, HTTYD2 now soars past 600 Million. Yay, there so much proud to be a fan 8)

Source : http://www.pitchengine.com/pitches/67f8 ... 4eec020e1b
And the facebook : https://www.facebook.com/HowToTrainYour ... 20/?type=1
Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

Quote:

...continues the story where the sequel leaves off...
Does that automatically mean our post sequel stories with grieving Hiccup all go AU or something?? :O even though we all have just under 2 years until this comes out... :blink:
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

Rocky Rose
02 Sep 2014, 22:35
Quote:

...continues the story where the sequel leaves off...
Does that automatically mean our post sequel stories with grieving Hiccup all go AU or something?? :O even though we all have just under 2 years until this comes out... :blink:
Sorry, but i don't understand that. So what does it means?

My english sucks :(

Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

*Look at this post*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT THREE MORE YEARS!!!!!

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

The Norse Nerd
02 Sep 2014, 22:45
*Look at this post*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT THREE MORE YEARS!!!!!
I think I can wait... I just hope I haven't switched fandoms completely by then... it happened in the last fandom I was in but the last fandom I was in was a show that's not making new stuff anymore...

Also on my first reply I didn't read the Year... but I think it's better for Dreamworks NOT to have HTTYD3 competing against Finding Dory and some other big movies for 2016...
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

Rocky Rose
02 Sep 2014, 22:49
Also on my first reply I didn't read the Year... but I think it's better for Dreamworks NOT to have HTTYD3 competing against Finding Dory and some other big movies for 2016...
^
What I can tell from a quick google search is that the animated films it will be competing with in 2017 are as follows: The Lego Movie 2, Despicable Me 3, Unknown Pixar movie, The Croods & Bollywood Superstar Monkey, the latter two are DreamWorks anyway. (Although DreamWorks may well bring one of those forward to compensate for HTTYD3 being pushed back) It seems like it could actually have a very good shot at animated film of the year ^.^

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

3 years... I suppose I can wait.
In the meantime, there'll be more episodes of the TV show and stuff to keep us on the dragon train!
I sort of doubt this will be the only fandom I get involved in during the coming years, but hopefully we'll all still be here (or come back) when 2017 rolls around.
I'll be like 16 when it comes out wow
Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)

Pikey
Wow!

Well, it's more time to make it that bit more perfect. 8)

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

Pikey
02 Sep 2014, 23:09
Well, it's more time to make it that bit more perfect. 8)
^ Basically what I was thinking.
I'm totally fine with it being an extra year if it means they can make sure it's the best it can be. We waited 4 years for the second one, 3 years should be a doddle ^.^ Besides, there are over 100 episodes of the tv series to come in the meantime, so it's not like we've got a completely dragon-less wait ahead!

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

I think the extra year of development could be a very good thing for an animated movie like HTTYD 3. Given what a labor intensive process it is to create quality animation, this will hopefully give the team the breathing room they need to focus on quality rather than rushing to meet deadlines.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.