Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
How do you imagine other night furies?
Topic Started: 16 Sep 2014, 16:52 (8741 Views)
Pikey
Wow!

Well...

I was never good at Biology.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Also, if Night Furies have a "backwards-pointing pubis", it means they lay eggs. If' it's pointing frontwards, then that might be an indication that Night Furies might be live-bearing.

I want to see more Night Furies because dang, there are so many possibilities!

And because despeciation as a topic depresses me beyond all reason.

SplashTheScauldron
Most inactive ass in the fandom

BerserkDragon
15 Sep 2014, 15:49
Maybe different eye colour? Like pale green, dark green, yellow, yellow/green, blue-ish?
And also slightly different head shape and body shape, maybe.
I'd love to see another Night Fury in the HTTYD franchise, but I don't think we'll ever get one, because if we did then it would take away the uniqueness of Toothless. But you never know :D
That was mine :3

XD Nevermind
Yes, I ship Dagur and Hiccup.

I apologize for cringy posts I made some years ago

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

MC_Oceans
15 Sep 2014, 18:21
TheEleventhViking
15 Sep 2014, 17:57
Am I the only one in this fanbase that does not want to see another night fury?
I really like the idea of Toothless being special, and that his background is unknown. This gives Toothless this very mystical quality that I love.

I do not really think we will see any other night furies in the third film actually. I think they are all gone or have been wiped out by Drago or something. Either way, giving Toothless a female counterpart is a very bad idea I think. One of the main themes of the story is the friendship between Hiccup and Toothless, we do not need another romantic interference in the story. I love the relationship between Hiccup and Astrid, but we do not need another romantic relationship between dragons.
You aren't the only one who thinks like this. While it may be wanted in a lot of us, I think that, while it's a nice touch, it's a little generic and wraps it up a little too neatly. I like an ending that leaves me guessing. It may prompt another movie or something, but that's what fan-made material is for, right?
And it also just reminds me of ice age 2 way too much....
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

Toothless123
Night Fury

Hope_and_Heir
17 Sep 2014, 13:00
MC_Oceans
TheEleventhViking
15 Sep 2014, 17:57
Am I the only one in this fanbase that does not want to see another night fury?
I really like the idea of Toothless being special, and that his background is unknown. This gives Toothless this very mystical quality that I love.

I do not really think we will see any other night furies in the third film actually. I think they are all gone or have been wiped out by Drago or something. Either way, giving Toothless a female counterpart is a very bad idea I think. One of the main themes of the story is the friendship between Hiccup and Toothless, we do not need another romantic interference in the story. I love the relationship between Hiccup and Astrid, but we do not need another romantic relationship between dragons.
You aren't the only one who thinks like this. While it may be wanted in a lot of us, I think that, while it's a nice touch, it's a little generic and wraps it up a little too neatly. I like an ending that leaves me guessing. It may prompt another movie or something, but that's what fan-made material is for, right?
I agree- HTTYD is it's own franchise, right? And that's the message of the franchise itself- to be yourself. So, by having Toothless be the only Night Fury left, it means that HTTYD is- well, what I said above.
(Oh, and it also means that the theory I have- that Drago murdered the other Night Furies-was successful... :blink: )

Nightshade
Monstrous Nightmare

Toothless123
17 Sep 2014, 14:58
Hope_and_Heir
17 Sep 2014, 13:00
MC_Oceans
I agree- HTTYD is it's own franchise, right? And that's the message of the franchise itself- to be yourself. So, by having Toothless be the only Night Fury left, it means that HTTYD is- well, what I said above.
(Oh, and it also means that the theory I have- that Drago murdered the other Night Furies-was successful... :blink: )
may I remind you guys/girls that it's Dreamworks, not disney.
Disney would have given Toothless a female and they would have made a really happy ending.
Dreamworks will go George R. R. Martin on this one (I hope xD)

Pikey
Wow!

Toothless123
17 Sep 2014, 14:58
I really hope they don't go down that route; it would be ridiculous not to mention cheapo. :/

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

I imagine other Night Furies always with the OCs from people on dA: scares, slightly different shaped wings and tail fins, some times colorful with stipes. I think it woud be a bit boring to make all of them matt black.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

Pikey
Wow!

Boring, but surely it would make sense if they were black or at the very least; dark shades of anything? The difference in shape in fins and wings make sense though. :P

barracuda
Member Avatar
Who's afraid of the big, black bat?

Pikey
23 Sep 2014, 15:37
Boring, but surely it would make sense if they were black or at the very least; dark shades of anything? The difference in shape in fins and wings make sense though. :P
Why not leucistic?

That would add a completely new level of contrast. And if the personality is just as oppositional, then it would be a perfect counterpart. There's no need for a slightly altered version of Toothless.
and this is our dragon
(oh no not again)
oh isn't it sweet
(i think i have to go)