Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
How do you imagine other night furies?
Topic Started: 27 Sep 2014, 10:18 (8736 Views)
Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

I'd imagine them with scales that were generally dark colored- green, blue, gray, or purple, even, with different eye colors- orange, yellow, green, blue. They might also have subtle markings such as faded stripes or spots, and bear scars. I think it'd be really cool to show a few of them at the end of the third movie.
:D
Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Pikey
Wow!

barracuda
27 Sep 2014, 13:48
Pikey
23 Sep 2014, 15:37
Boring, but surely it would make sense if they were black or at the very least; dark shades of anything? The difference in shape in fins and wings make sense though. :P
Why not leucistic?

That would add a completely new level of contrast. And if the personality is just as oppositional, then it would be a perfect counterpart. There's no need for a slightly altered version of Toothless.
I'm not saying there shouldn't be a non-dark dragon, I'm saying there shouldn't be a non-dark Night Fury, it doesn't really make sense. Surely a Night Fury is darkly coloured to blend in with the night? :huh:

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

I'm thinking there'd be minor contrasts between individuals. Maybe some barely-lighter/darker-shaded markings, like Toothless. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but Toothy has a spotted and tiger stripe pattern when in the right light setting.

I had a thought this morning about Night Fury behavior as well. This is only a theory, but what if the reason why they (Night Furies) are so rare is because individuals fight a lot or can't get along with one another? I thought about that when I was thinking about the two Bewilderbeasts. As we've seen with Toothless, I believe it's safe to assume that the species in general has a very alpha-like disposition. When a Night Fury sees another one of it's kind, they see them as a threat to their potential of becoming leader of a large group of dragons. They would then proceed to fight to the death or until one of them flees. That's what made me compare them to the Bewilderbeasts, and Bewilderbeasts are also rare, according to Valka.

barracuda
Member Avatar
Who's afraid of the big, black bat?

Pikey
27 Sep 2014, 14:32
Surely a Night Fury is darkly coloured to blend in with the night? :huh:
Sure, but you can't choose genetic defects. :P
and this is our dragon
(oh no not again)
oh isn't it sweet
(i think i have to go)

Pikey
Wow!

barracuda
27 Sep 2014, 18:42
Pikey
27 Sep 2014, 14:32
Surely a Night Fury is darkly coloured to blend in with the night? :huh:
Sure, but you can't choose genetic defects. :P
Well, yeah but...

I want to point out the small fraction of chance that this might happen, but I have no clue on what it is; so I'm just going to say that they should be dark because they're Night Furies, I have no further argument on that. :P

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Guys I don't mean to ruin your fun and ranting, but that was NOT why I made this thread. I made this thread for what ANY night fury might look like other then Toothless, a place for people to freely share how they think they might look.

May I just add this is not limited to another night fury being found and that kind of theory? Have we forgotten the possibility of a flashback to Toothless' past.. or a story of how they went practically extinct?

Just saying quit ranting, cuz if I remember right people ranted about nearly everything that was leaked and it all turned out quite lovely anyway. It's ultimately up to dreamworks to add a night fury, flashback, etc, and choose how they will further explain the night furies disappearance/rarity or give more information. (which they promised they would in an interview)

So guys please please PLEASE quit fussing. Just have fun and talk about what ANY other night fury might look like, no more ranting about your woos and woes of another night fury ruining the franchise. Thank you!

PS: Thank you for those who are sharing their theories on night furies, I love hearing those ideas.

Pikey
Wow!

So white Night Furies are good?

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Pikey
29 Sep 2014, 14:02
I am not going to judge. Albino-ism is in fact a real life thing that all animals can be born with, no matter the species, which was what the croc was in the pic and what I assume the person meant. An albino night fury would be born with no pigment in their scales, and red or possibly blue eyes. Most don't live very long in the wild, since they are easy to see and it makes them vulnerable, but an albino of any species is possible.

Besides, one of my fanfics involves an albino night fury. So who am I to judge? Personally I like the idea of a night fury that isn't your typical charcoal color. Anywho, thats just me. Thanks for your input pikey.

Pikey
Wow!

thenightandthefury
29 Sep 2014, 14:22
Most don't live very long in the wild, since they are easy to see and it makes them vulnerable, but an albino of any species is possible.
Precisely what I'm talking about, plus with Night Furies being rare as it is, I would imagine other Night Furies having the darker scales. :P

barracuda
Member Avatar
Who's afraid of the big, black bat?

thenightandthefury
29 Sep 2014, 14:22
Pikey
29 Sep 2014, 14:02
I am not going to judge. Albino-ism is in fact a real life thing that all animals can be born with, no matter the species, which was what the croc was in the pic and what I assume the person meant. An albino night fury would be born with no pigment in their scales, and red or possibly blue eyes. Most don't live very long in the wild, since they are easy to see and it makes them vulnerable, but an albino of any species is possible.

Besides, one of my fanfics involves an albino night fury. So who am I to judge? Personally I like the idea of a night fury that isn't your typical charcoal color. Anywho, thats just me. Thanks for your input pikey.
That's why I wrote "leucistic", since it's not the same as albinism. The sight is normal and the eyes don't appear red, for example. So the chances for survival are generally better. But yeah, it's just a random idea thrown out.
and this is our dragon
(oh no not again)
oh isn't it sweet
(i think i have to go)