Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
How do you imagine other night furies?
Topic Started: 15 Sep 2014, 14:55 (9049 Views)
MrBungle
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Fossilized
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

MC_Oceans
15 Sep 2014, 18:21
TheEleventhViking
15 Sep 2014, 17:57
Am I the only one in this fanbase that does not want to see another night fury?
I really like the idea of Toothless being special, and that his background is unknown. This gives Toothless this very mystical quality that I love.

I do not really think we will see any other night furies in the third film actually. I think they are all gone or have been wiped out by Drago or something. Either way, giving Toothless a female counterpart is a very bad idea I think. One of the main themes of the story is the friendship between Hiccup and Toothless, we do not need another romantic interference in the story. I love the relationship between Hiccup and Astrid, but we do not need another romantic relationship between dragons.
You aren't the only one who thinks like this. While it may be wanted in a lot of us, I think that, while it's a nice touch, it's a little generic and wraps it up a little too neatly. I like an ending that leaves me guessing. It may prompt another movie or something, but that's what fan-made material is for, right?
I don't really want any more Night Furies either. I think it makes Toothless more special and unique if he's the last one. I agree that if there were more, it would be kind of generic and if they dared to give him a Night Fury girlfriend, then it would be kind of cliche and stupid. Has anyone else noticed that the dragons don't really seem to have any romantic feelings toward other dragons at all? I mean, obviously they do breed, because they need to reproduce, but it's not like corny cartoon animal romance, eyes turn into hearts, violin music starts playing like in some shows and movies.

My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

MC_Oceans
15 Sep 2014, 18:21
TheEleventhViking
15 Sep 2014, 17:57
Am I the only one in this fanbase that does not want to see another night fury?
I really like the idea of Toothless being special, and that his background is unknown. This gives Toothless this very mystical quality that I love.

I do not really think we will see any other night furies in the third film actually. I think they are all gone or have been wiped out by Drago or something. Either way, giving Toothless a female counterpart is a very bad idea I think. One of the main themes of the story is the friendship between Hiccup and Toothless, we do not need another romantic interference in the story. I love the relationship between Hiccup and Astrid, but we do not need another romantic relationship between dragons.
You aren't the only one who thinks like this. While it may be wanted in a lot of us, I think that, while it's a nice touch, it's a little generic and wraps it up a little too neatly. I like an ending that leaves me guessing. It may prompt another movie or something, but that's what fan-made material is for, right?
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

Pikey
Wow!

I agree with Toothless being unique, but I think if they did end up adding another Night Fury, I would hope they avoid the cheese factor, if that makes any sense.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Add me to the list of people who prefer Toothless to be the last Night Fury, or at least the only one who appears in the franchise.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

You are a splendid prosodist. Your scene was fun to read.
thenightandthefury
15 Sep 2014, 12:08
Ok so I had to make this topic. There aren't any spoilers in here this is just speculation.

My question is this; what do YOU think another night fury (Y'know, a night fury that is not Toothless) would look like?

Before you go and say "They'd look like Toothless duh!" I want you to take time to think deeper and imagine it more. If Toothless doubled in size between the first movie and second, would the older, more experienced night furies be bigger? More scars? Would they have yellow or green eyes, or even a different color? What differences do you imagine?

I first thought about this in the series, when they were "supposed" to find an island filled with night furies. Personally, I envision a scarred male night fury being a competitor of Toothless, possibly with one nasty scar over his eye. This one I imagine would be bigger and more muscular then Toothless, possibly with a different shade of eye color.

The other night fury I imagine is one I would hope shows up in HTTYD 3. A female night fury. I imagine her to be elegant, with either deep green eyes or deep golden eyes. I imagine her to be feral and mysterious, smaller then Toothless and more slenderly built. I don't believe she'd have the tendons at the end of her tail or ear flaps, and I don't believe she would have that many visible scars. I believe she would first meet Hiccup like this:

Hiccup and Toothless are flying, when they tumble to the earth in a crash landing. Toothless protects Hiccup as they fall, but just as Hiccup teases him something in the distance catches Toothless' attention. With a low growl, he bounds off into the brush. Hiccup watches, confused. "Toothless, come back!" He calls. When Toothless doesn't appear he sighs before an eerie silence instills, "Alright Toothless, its not funny any more. Come on out!" When still nothing, Hiccup slowly approaches the brush, "Toothless! Would you quit fooling around-" But a sudden movement makes him stop as he sees a pair of green eyes in the brush. "Very funny Toothless. You almost got me." A growl meets him as a slender night fury, one that was not Toothless, came out from the brush. A roar came from behind as Toothless bound out, getting between Hiccup and the female night fury, as she growled, trying to get at Hiccup as she stalked around them. "Toothless.. Did we just find a.." the dragon growled, teeth unsheathing as her eyes were mere slits, making Hiccup swallow. "...night fury..."

----

Ok so thats how I personally imagine (or would like to imagine) how Hiccup meets the female night fury. (if there ever will be one. Please dreamworks. Female night fury please!)

Now for you guys.. How do you imagine other night furies? Scary, elegant, mysterious, ferocious? How do they appear in your mind physically? Reply with your ideas and tell me exactly how you imagine another night fury to be.

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

I always try to use "if" on these things, because really, I'd prefer to see what the filmmakers do with the subject.

*If* Hiccup discovers a few abandoned baby Night Furies in the woods: Night Furies have this mammalian tinge to them. Baby chicks are covered with down, which looks something like hair. When baby chicks start to grow, the feathers start pushing out the down and at this stage they look cute and really funny at the same time.

Ok, sometimes just really funny.
I'm wondering what baby Night Furies would look like as they are losing their "baby fluff".

Coyote-Walker
Mermaid Viking

I think we might see some subtle skin color variations (Dark gray, all black with blue/purple shades), and of course eye colors. Sizes as well, I would imagine old Night Furies would be larger.
Tumblr

Pikey
Wow!

MartianArchaeologist
16 Sep 2014, 16:51
I'm wondering what baby Night Furies would look like as they are losing their "baby fluff".
Huh, but they're reptiles...

Dragon baby fluff? :huh:

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Pikey
16 Sep 2014, 17:19
MartianArchaeologist
16 Sep 2014, 16:51
Huh, but they're reptiles...

Dragon baby fluff? :huh:
Feathered reptiles:

http://greenanswers.com/question/were-t ... erodactyl/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... veals.html