Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
How do you imagine other night furies?
Topic Started: 15 Sep 2014, 08:08 (8735 Views)
thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Ok so I had to make this topic. There aren't any spoilers in here this is just speculation.

My question is this; what do YOU think another night fury (Y'know, a night fury that is not Toothless) would look like?

Before you go and say "They'd look like Toothless duh!" I want you to take time to think deeper and imagine it more. If Toothless doubled in size between the first movie and second, would the older, more experienced night furies be bigger? More scars? Would they have yellow or green eyes, or even a different color? What differences do you imagine?

I first thought about this in the series, when they were "supposed" to find an island filled with night furies. Personally, I envision a scarred male night fury being a competitor of Toothless, possibly with one nasty scar over his eye. This one I imagine would be bigger and more muscular then Toothless, possibly with a different shade of eye color.

The other night fury I imagine is one I would hope shows up in HTTYD 3. A female night fury. I imagine her to be elegant, with either deep green eyes or deep golden eyes. I imagine her to be feral and mysterious, smaller then Toothless and more slenderly built. I don't believe she'd have the tendons at the end of her tail or ear flaps, and I don't believe she would have that many visible scars. I believe she would first meet Hiccup like this:

Hiccup and Toothless are flying, when they tumble to the earth in a crash landing. Toothless protects Hiccup as they fall, but just as Hiccup teases him something in the distance catches Toothless' attention. With a low growl, he bounds off into the brush. Hiccup watches, confused. "Toothless, come back!" He calls. When Toothless doesn't appear he sighs before an eerie silence instills, "Alright Toothless, its not funny any more. Come on out!" When still nothing, Hiccup slowly approaches the brush, "Toothless! Would you quit fooling around-" But a sudden movement makes him stop as he sees a pair of green eyes in the brush. "Very funny Toothless. You almost got me." A growl meets him as a slender night fury, one that was not Toothless, came out from the brush. A roar came from behind as Toothless bound out, getting between Hiccup and the female night fury, as she growled, trying to get at Hiccup as she stalked around them. "Toothless.. Did we just find a.." the dragon growled, teeth unsheathing as her eyes were mere slits, making Hiccup swallow. "...night fury..."

----

Ok so thats how I personally imagine (or would like to imagine) how Hiccup meets the female night fury. (if there ever will be one. Please dreamworks. Female night fury please!)

Now for you guys.. How do you imagine other night furies? Scary, elegant, mysterious, ferocious? How do they appear in your mind physically? Reply with your ideas and tell me exactly how you imagine another night fury to be.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

DarthBacon
Gronckle

Hmmmm. This is what i feel. I feel they all will never resemble Toothless fully. Toothless has been influenced a LOT by Hiccup's personality, and that makes him unique. I think none of the other nightfuries will have Toothless's charm, and yet they will almost resemble him, but still be different.

And is this Toothless's maximum size? The book Toothless is almost as big as the red death i guess...will Toothless grow?

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

I like the idea of female night fury and the way they found her.

I don't have any ideas of another night fury. If there will be another one, i hope he/she just okay with toothless. Male : He won't compete or whatsoever with toothless. Female : I hate arogant and selfish, so i hope she will like Astrid
Besides, i don't wanna another night fury. I want Toothless be the last species, which makes him special
Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

Maybe different eye colour? Like pale green, dark green, yellow, yellow/green, blue-ish?
And also slightly different head shape and body shape, maybe.
I'd love to see another Night Fury in the HTTYD franchise, but I don't think we'll ever get one, because if we did then it would take away the uniqueness of Toothless. But you never know :D
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

Pikey
Wow!

Sounds good to me, and if they do end up finding one, that sounds like a good way too. Though I'd imagine it would obviously be extended; I prefer your version of pure luck because most likely that would be how it were to happen if the situation was real. I really hope if it ends up happening, that it isn't a cheese fest or anything... ^)

TheEleventhViking
Terrible Terror

Am I the only one in this fanbase that does not want to see another night fury?
I really like the idea of Toothless being special, and that his background is unknown. This gives Toothless this very mystical quality that I love.

I do not really think we will se any other night furies in the third film actually. I think they are all gone or have been wiped out by Drago or something. Either way, giving Toothless a female counterpart is a very bad idea I think. One of the main themes of the story is the frinedship between Hiccup and Toothless, we do not need another romantic interference in the story. I love the relationship between Hiccup and Astrid, but we do not need another romantic relationship between dragons.

When it comes to how the other night furies would look I think they would be more muscular built than Toothless. I think it would be a nice parallell to where Hiccup stands in his viking society (smaller, thinner, weaker, etc.). I also think the night fury would have different eye colours to have some small changes between them. The ear-flaps would also probably vary in size. :P

Toothless123
Night Fury

thenightandthefury
15 Sep 2014, 12:08
Personally, I envision a scarred male night fury being a competitor of Toothless, possibly with one nasty scar over his eye. This one I imagine would be bigger and more muscular then Toothless, possibly with a different shade of eye color.
That's how I'd imagine Drago's new Alpha to look, if he gets one... :blink:
thenightandthefury
15 Sep 2014, 12:08
Hiccup and Toothless are flying, when they tumble to the earth in a crash landing. Toothless protects Hiccup as they fall, but just as Hiccup teases him something in the distance catches Toothless' attention. With a low growl, he bounds off into the brush. Hiccup watches, confused. "Toothless, come back!" He calls. When Toothless doesn't appear he sighs before an eerie silence instills, "Alright Toothless, its not funny any more. Come on out!" When still nothing, Hiccup slowly approaches the brush, "Toothless! Would you quit fooling around-" But a sudden movement makes him stop as he sees a pair of green eyes in the brush. "Very funny Toothless. You almost got me." A growl meets him as a slender night fury, one that was not Toothless, came out from the brush. A roar came from behind as Toothless bound out, getting between Hiccup and the female night fury, as she growled, trying to get at Hiccup as she stalked around them. "Toothless.. Did we just find a.." the dragon growled, teeth unsheathing as her eyes were mere slits, making Hiccup swallow. "...night fury..."
You should make that into a oneshot! ;)

Neilandio
Dragon trainer

Perhaps they grow up to be the size of bewilderbeasts or red deaths.
My dragon den:

Toothless123
Night Fury

Neilandio
15 Sep 2014, 18:11
Perhaps they grow up to be the size of bewilderbeasts or red deaths.
Like Toothless in the books! :D

Dan_Oceans
What do I put here again?

TheEleventhViking
15 Sep 2014, 17:57
Am I the only one in this fanbase that does not want to see another night fury?
I really like the idea of Toothless being special, and that his background is unknown. This gives Toothless this very mystical quality that I love.

I do not really think we will see any other night furies in the third film actually. I think they are all gone or have been wiped out by Drago or something. Either way, giving Toothless a female counterpart is a very bad idea I think. One of the main themes of the story is the friendship between Hiccup and Toothless, we do not need another romantic interference in the story. I love the relationship between Hiccup and Astrid, but we do not need another romantic relationship between dragons.
You aren't the only one who thinks like this. While it may be wanted in a lot of us, I think that, while it's a nice touch, it's a little generic and wraps it up a little too neatly. I like an ending that leaves me guessing. It may prompt another movie or something, but that's what fan-made material is for, right?
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"
Spoiler: click to toggle