Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Toothless
Topic Started: 25 Sep 2014, 23:17 (4643 Views)
Berkian1
Terrible Terror

gmarvin112
25 Sep 2014, 17:21
WasBornCrazy
25 Sep 2014, 09:59
DragonDreamer
22 Sep 2014, 22:16
I doubt that they'll separate them, after all Hiccup's role is to unite the Vikings and the dragons with Toothless' help. It wouldn't make much sense if they split up. Besides, I always thought the point of the films was to demonstrate the strength of their relationship.
Yes it was, but you wouldn't call Stoick and Thornado's relationship weak.

Being strong means being able to let go. :D

I feel like the only one wanting a ending that's not so happy. :/ Oh well. I can live.
You're not the only one. I definitely don't want an ending that's too happy, but I don't want a dark, sad ending either. A bittersweet ending is perfect for the series, sort of along the lines of Toy Story 3, but better. I'm also in full support of having Hiccup and Toothless separated at the end of the third movie. Not only would it be a memorable ending, but it would prevent any unneeded sequels that could ruin the franchise (like Shrek).
I think I agree with you all, I don't think the ending should be happy or sad. I want it to be REAL. I feel like one of things that makes this franchise special is how real the emotions are and how real the whole world seems to be. so, I want the ending to be like real life, sometimes people get hurt and we experience loss, but there is always something to be hopeful for, that' the way I would like to see the movie end. Hopefully that makes sense.
"Hiccup what you're looking for isn't out there. It's in here, maybe you just don't see it yet."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

nissi4eva
Baby terror

Judging by " Thanks buddy, see you in Valhalla", I dont think there will be a Toothless by the end of the movie.
(bawling over and over. BOOO HOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'(
KEEP CALM AND CUDDLE THAT NIGHT FURY!

Pikey
Wow!

nissi4eva
10 Oct 2014, 16:06
Judging by " Thanks buddy, see you in Valhalla", I dont think there will be a Toothless by the end of the movie.
(bawling over and over. BOOO HOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'(
But that's not legit...? :ermm:
at least i thought it wasn't legit... don't quote me on that

Dan_Oceans
What do I put here again?

Zer0x
23 Sep 2014, 13:07
When he dies at the end, Mr. DeBlois will get an very disappointed and unfriendly written letter. >:(
Question, is it confirmed that Toothless dies? The 'when' confuses me.
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"
Spoiler: click to toggle

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

MC_Oceans
20 Oct 2014, 00:00
Zer0x
23 Sep 2014, 13:07
When he dies at the end, Mr. DeBlois will get an very disappointed and unfriendly written letter. >:(
Question, is it confirmed that Toothless dies? The 'when' confuses me.
No, that's just fan speculation based on some interviews where Dean has stated his desire to explain why dragons aren't in the modern world. Nothing much about the plot has even been hinted at beyond that, let alone confirmed since the movie is still in the developmental stages where lots of things can potentially change.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

D4nny
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

separation would make sense as if we follow the films:
1.: lost a leg for his life
2.: he lost his dead for his mother
so the 3rd should be loose the best friend for his family. i think that would be an amazing ending

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

D4nny
24 Oct 2014, 09:55
separation would make sense as if we follow the films:
1.: lost a leg for his life
2.: he lost his dead for his mother
so the 3rd should be loose the best friend for his family. i think that would be an amazing ending
That second point has some really unfortunate implications, basically amounting to "family members are completely replaceable". Man, it's the Book of Job all over again.

Note that I do not agree with the interpretation, and if I were a betting man, then I would wager that any trace of it was completely unintentional on the part of DeBlois and company.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

LawOfTheSeas
Defender of Insanity and Master of Apologies

Trust me - anyone who knows me or my posts knows that I am all for a sad/emotional/heartbreaking ending to HTTYD 3. But I could not stand Toothless dying alone, unable to fly, abandoned by Hiccup, and left for dead on some gods-forsaken island (not Berk, anyway) to never be seen again.
I see three options - make them part happily, make them reunite later one day, or kill them both.

I HAVE RETURNED!

Did you miss me?

DragonDreamer
Dragon Scribe

Berkian1
26 Sep 2014, 03:17
gmarvin112
25 Sep 2014, 17:21
WasBornCrazy
25 Sep 2014, 09:59
Yes it was, but you wouldn't call Stoick and Thornado's relationship weak.

Being strong means being able to let go. :D

I feel like the only one wanting a ending that's not so happy. :/ Oh well. I can live.
You're not the only one. I definitely don't want an ending that's too happy, but I don't want a dark, sad ending either. A bittersweet ending is perfect for the series, sort of along the lines of Toy Story 3, but better. I'm also in full support of having Hiccup and Toothless separated at the end of the third movie. Not only would it be a memorable ending, but it would prevent any unneeded sequels that could ruin the franchise (like Shrek).
I think I agree with you all, I don't think the ending should be happy or sad. I want it to be REAL. I feel like one of things that makes this franchise special is how real the emotions are and how real the whole world seems to be. so, I want the ending to be like real life, sometimes people get hurt and we experience loss, but there is always something to be hopeful for, that' the way I would like to see the movie end. Hopefully that makes sense.

You all make good points, but Hiccup and Toothless are the main characters, so, naturally it wouldn't make that much sense to separate the two, Would it?
What dragon dreams are made of.

AMO1912
Member Avatar
HTTYD Series Lover

If anyone making the 3rd film is reading this... PLEASE DO NOT SEPARATE HICCUP AND TOOTHLESS!
(I will literally cry :( )
"What do you say Bud? Should we go for another flight?" - Hiccup