Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Dreamworks potentially for sale?
Topic Started: 03 Oct 2014, 07:14 (4440 Views)
Eret
....Son of Eret

The Norse Nerd
29 Sep 2014, 17:21
Night fury fire
29 Sep 2014, 16:36
As long as disney dont buy it I'm ok....
THAT WOULD BE A NIGHTMARE

Awkward because Disney is already a distributor for Dreamworks SKG under Touchstone Pictures......
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

I don't have much to say about DreamWork's problems because they seem to get back on track with box-office preformances(Let anyone say what they want about HTTYD2 not meeting expectations, it is the highest grossing animated movie this year and is considered a hit. Plus, let's admit it, the Penguines movie is going to make money because Madagascar is one of their most sucssesfull franchise box-office wise) and I trust them enough to get out of their problems.

I do want to comment on what some people said about the "Disney buying them" thing. You do know that Disney owns Pixar, Marvel and Lucas Films, right? Did Pixar lose their originality after being bought by Disney(And before someone brings up all the sequels they are making, Disney bought them in 2005 or 2006 if I remember correctly. "Toy Story 2" was the only sequel they made at the time)? Did any Marvel film became a musical after Disney bought them? I can't say much for LucasFilms but I think I got my point across. If this completely un-realistic thing does happen, than you have nothing to worry about in terms of how the movies will act, Disney will just give them funds and have some presentage of revenue. They, as far as I'm aware, have no say on the film if it's not made by them in-studio.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Quote:

They're not made explicatly to make money like Disney movies are nowadays - no, DWA movies are made to entertain an audience with an encaptivating story
The Madagascar and Shrek franchises beg to differ. Heck, even HTTYD 2 is pretty much the pinnacle of a movie green lit for the money, even if the results were a lot better than most unnecessary sequels. In fact, there's really nothing wrong with making movies (or any other form of art, for that matter) for the money, and nothing that says they have to be worse than texts made for the sake of art. After all, A Christmas Carol was written purely for the money, whereas, at least by all official accounts that I have seen, Michael Bay made at least his first Transformers movie for the art.

But let's be honest here: all production studios are out to make money. It's how they go about it that matters.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

Cartoon Freak
03 Oct 2014, 14:43
But let's be honest here: all production studios are out to make money. It's how they go about it that matters.
I'm sure that anyone who thinks that any movie production company is in it only for the art and not at all for money is fooling themselves. -_- People just like to pretend that their favorite companies are only in it for the art to make them seem righteous, and their competitors are only in it for the money to make them seem bad and corrupt.
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

nissi4eva
Baby terror

Eret
03 Oct 2014, 11:14
The Norse Nerd
29 Sep 2014, 17:21
Night fury fire
29 Sep 2014, 16:36
As long as disney dont buy it I'm ok....
THAT WOULD BE A NIGHTMARE

Awkward because Disney is already a distributor for Dreamworks SKG under Touchstone Pictures......
Gosh it all sounds twisted. OK peeps. When penguins of Madagascar releases, evry1 go see it. Let's hope that will keep DWA till 2017. :(
KEEP CALM AND CUDDLE THAT NIGHT FURY!