Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Interview with Dean about HTTYD3
Topic Started: 17 Oct 2014, 13:19 (6716 Views)
thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

I'm just glad that there looks like a 4th movie isn't going to happen. Dean believed and planned for Dragons to be a trilogy and an extra unnecessary movie dragging it out would have killed it. I'm all for spin-offs though :D

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Good news overall. Thank Odin DeBlois talked Katzenberg out of making a fourth movie (spinoffs are a separate beast, and I don't particularly care about them).

An increased emphasis on Toothless is certainly a good thing in principle, since it will presumably lead to a more even emphasis on him. Don't get me wrong: Toothless had more importance in the second film than I though he would have, but it all came in the third act (possibly some in the late second act, depending on where one puts the act breaks). Before then, he's basically comic relief and a transport to get Hiccup to more important characters.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Anybody notice Spitelout in the last few scenes?

Now it's on iTunes I can frame through the last bit of HTTYD2 to check more closely. Still don't see him anywhere.

So, as a possibility for what this more compelling form of antagonism entails, having studied way too much Shakespeare--

:ermm:

gmarvin112
Member Avatar
Hatchling

MartianArchaeologist
25 Oct 2014, 04:38

Now it's on iTunes I can frame through the last bit of HTTYD2 to check more closely. Still don't see him anywhere.

So, as a possibility for what this more compelling form of antagonism entails, having studied way too much Shakespeare--

:ermm:
I don't see Spitelout betraying his tribe, if that's what you're implying. He may be a hardass in the TV series, but he's always come off as a very loyal warrior.

Toothless123
Night Fury

MartianArchaeologist

I have a theory...
After the Alpha comes to Berk, and he blasts his ice at the villagers, since after that part, Spitelout can't be seen. So maybe he died...? :huh: :(

LawOfTheSeas
Defender of Insanity and Master of Apologies

Toothless123
25 Oct 2014, 06:55
MartianArchaeologist

I have a theory...
After the Alpha comes to Berk, and he blasts his ice at the villagers, since after that part, Spitelout can't be seen. So maybe he died...? :huh: :(
He can't die... We just don't recognise him...

Am I right? :P
I HAVE RETURNED!

Did you miss me?

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

Yeah, I don't think that Spitelout as the final villain makes any sense either. He's had maybe a grand total of a minute of screen time during the two movies, and during those brief scenes there was nothing to indicate that he was anything other than a loyal member of Stoick's inner circle. His hypothetical betrayal would need a significant amount of character development that he never had in order to be any kind of effective plot point.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

BirdyTheBrave
I like big books and I cannot lie.

Do you guys ever wonder if Dreamworks is watching us right now and laughing evilly to themselves like "Hehehe, they have no idea what's going on"?

Just a thought.

Nevermind. Continue.
Update guys: It's party time with Joe.

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

BirdyTheBrave
27 Oct 2014, 13:30
Do you guys ever wonder if Dreamworks is watching us right now and laughing evilly to themselves like "Hehehe, they have no idea what's going on"?

Just a thought.

Nevermind. Continue.
That comment reminded me when I was once in a gaming forum and when everyone disscused what the Wii U is going to be like, someone actually wrote that he can imagine Miamuto reading these comments and peeing himself with laughter.

Can you imagine Dean or any of the voice cast or someone involved in the production plugging a laptop to an HD TV, scrolling down our comments with a tray of pizza and drinks nearby and laughing their A**es of? That would be a sight to see...

BirdyTheBrave
I like big books and I cannot lie.

hcsp1
27 Oct 2014, 14:13
BirdyTheBrave
27 Oct 2014, 13:30

Just a thought.

Nevermind. Continue.
That comment reminded me when I was once in a gaming forum and when everyone disscused what the Wii U is going to be like, someone actually wrote that he can imagine Miamuto reading these comments and peeing himself with laughter.

Can you imagine Dean or any of the voice cast or someone involved in the production plugging a laptop to an HD TV, scrolling down our comments with a tray of pizza and drinks nearby and laughing their A**es of? That would be a sight to see...
I would pay for that.
Update guys: It's party time with Joe.