Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Interview with Dean about HTTYD3
Topic Started: 27 Oct 2014, 22:56 (6715 Views)
MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

BirdyTheBrave
27 Oct 2014, 23:04
hcsp1
27 Oct 2014, 14:13
BirdyTheBrave
27 Oct 2014, 13:30
Do you guys ever wonder if Dreamworks is watching us right now and laughing evilly to themselves like "Hehehe, they have no idea what's going on"?

Just a thought.

Nevermind. Continue.
That comment reminded me when I was once in a gaming forum and when everyone disscused what the Wii U is going to be like, someone actually wrote that he can imagine Miamuto reading these comments and peeing himself with laughter.

Can you imagine Dean or any of the voice cast or someone involved in the production plugging a laptop to an HD TV, scrolling down our comments with a tray of pizza and drinks nearby and laughing their A**es of? That would be a sight to see...
I would pay for that.
So would I
8)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

KentuckyWildcat
26 Oct 2014, 00:16
Yeah, I don't think that Spitelout as the final villain makes any sense either. He's had maybe a grand total of a minute of screen time during the two movies, and during those brief scenes there was nothing to indicate that he was anything other than a loyal member of Stoick's inner circle. His hypothetical betrayal would need a significant amount of character development that he never had in order to be any kind of effective plot point.
You are right that he has no business being the final villain. But anybody who has seen the family fights at probate hearings knows what can happen after an influential family member dies.

If you single frame through Spitelout's face shot as he's looking at the Bewilderbeast, you may notice that his gaze shifts from the Bewilderbeast to Drago...and takes on quite a different expression.

What if he's run off to fish Drago out of the ocean?

Let's call it "Something fun left open for Dean to play with in Movie 3 if he feels like it".

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Regarding Spitelout as the villain:

On the one hand, this would make absolutely no sense. The character's basic purpose in the first film is to be a David Tennant cameo. All of his development to date is in the series (where admittedly, he is enough of a jerk to make it believable enough that he could go into more evil territory), and there's simply no way that Dreamworks is going to make the series required viewing to understand the last film. Finally, he had absolutely no dialogue in the second film. This, to me, is the biggest factor. DeBlois is quite adamant that he planned this to be a trilogy as soon as he got asked to make a sequel. If he had any inclination at all to make Spitelout an important character of any sort in the final film, then he would at least have given him some lines. I'm sure David Tennant would have been willing and able to voice a few lines.

On the other hand, we could have David Tennant voicing a villain, and anyone who's watched his run on Doctor Who knows that the man can be really scary when the script calls for it.

Yeah, I might just file this under "So awesome, I probably wouldn't care that it made no sense."
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

DarkWing
Hatchling

Lastandir
17 Oct 2014, 01:56
http://collider.com/how-to-train-your-d ... -spinoffs/
So... Movie (more) about dragons (especially Toothless!), more Drago (as i expected) and probably no 4th part :toothless:
Quote:

“I’m also playing with the idea of what happened to the dragons and why they are no more, as suggested by Cressida Cowell’s books. So the whole mystery of where did they go? Did they come back? What transpired? I think it’s all compelling stuff and it’s definitely a story that’s gonna have a lot more Toothless emphasis in it. We continue to get more insight into the dragon world and shed light on their intelligence and all the aspects that we’ve been slowly cooking over the last two films.”
S...Sakamato-san?! Glad to see another Gintama viewer on this forum (I'm referring to your avatar Lastandir)!
As for the OP, i'm not too sure if I would like the idea of a spinoff. This is mainly because it will likely not have both Hiccup and Toothless, who are by far my favourite characters. I would like them to continue the story of Hiccup and Toothless, and end it without dragging the franchise on for too long.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

And to the Spitelout question there is also a high possibility he died in the attack by Drago's Bewilderbeast since we never see him again in the crowd during the lame celebration scene. And he looked at Drago in horror not rapture because this is the guy who caused the death of many great chiefs. Spitelout may be a d*** but he isn't that much of a d***.