Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Possible spinoff?
Topic Started: 14 Nov 2014, 22:34 (2923 Views)
RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

We've been hearing for a while that while there won't be a fourth HTTYD, there may still be a spinoff. In an interview, Dean has said that he was interested in the idea of a spinoff about the twenty years that Valka spent away from Berk. Do you think this will be the spinoff for real? If not, what do you think it will be? What will you expect from it?
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

BirdyTheBrave
I like big books and I cannot lie.

Although I love the idea of Valka's story, a Dragons movie without Toothless or Hiccup would seem weird to me. But I am hopin for a spinoff, it might be something like they did with Nanny McPhee 2, where we follow a different story further on in time that somehow incorporates the original gang, but we don't know who they are until the very end. That would kinda break my heart :'(.

P.S. I almost had a heart attack looking at the caption for your avatar.
Update guys: It's party time with Joe.

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

;)

And I think that'd be a good idea too. I love the gang like they're my own family, so it really broke my heart that we wouldn't see any more of them after HTTYD3. But I'm just wondering how they can still have a movie about them after the dragons are gone. Even though I know some fans, such as myself, would love to see more of them, even if it meant no more dragons, I don't really think they'd do it because the dragons have been the main point for most of the entire franchise, and many people only see the movies for the dragons more than anything else, so a movie just about the gang without dragons may not do so well, sadly.

As for the Valka spinoff, I think this would be great, but the only problem I could see is that she would have barely any contact with other humans. The only people she would ever come across would be Drago's trappers, and then that would probably be more combat than dialogue. I suppose she could speak to the dragons, but they won't be able to say anything to her. She may understand the gist of their emotions, but they can't, like, share their thoughts or feelings or anything, it would just be like when Hiccup and Toothless "talk". I don't know, maybe they'll surprise us and find a way to make a movie with very little dialogue still be fantastic. Heck, the first, like, half of WALL-E had no dialogue other than "WALL-E" and "Eve", and it still won tons of awards.
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

I've always interested in Valka's story. If it does, i hope it have some Hictooth material too. Well, i can't watch dragon movie without toothless
Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

Neilandio
Dragon trainer

That would be nice.
My dragon den:

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

I wouldn't mind a spin off or spin offs they can be really good when done right. I'm iffy on whether or not it will work for Dragons though. It just seems like something that might be more hurtful than good. With that said though I think if they made a spin off movie that was Dragons but was entirely different from Dragons it could work better. For example a movie that follows Drago and how he came to be. It would be pretty risky on their part I'm sure, but it's not something DW hasn't done before somewhat looking at Megamind. A movie on Valka could be good, but it most certainly has it's on challenges as well. I'm on the side it might just be less viable then any other potential spin off they could make though. Personally I think a movie following Eret could be neat and a possibly different departure that still involves the dragons. Mostly if they do it I'm looking for interesting departures from what Deans already done. Instead of derivative cash-in spin offs.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

ChinesischSchluckauf

[b]
[color=blue]Shut up, Mokuba!
[/color]
[/b]

What about a spinoff about the history of the village and/or the dragons? Personally, I think it'd be kind of cool if the dragons and Vikings were originally the way they were in the books, but something happened that forced both parties into the situation at the start of HTTYD 1.
Did anybody else notice my signature has shrunk?

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

I feel like I am the only one who wants a Red Death spinoff. ^_^

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

HideousZippleback
20 Nov 2014, 17:22
I feel like I am the only one who wants a Red Death spinoff. ^_^
Yes! Poor thing was totally ignored in Dragons 2... :'(
More love to the queen of dragons!

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

You're not alone. I feel I may be the only one wanting a spin off based in a modern or futuristic world where dragons return after being under a deep sleep.