Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
How to Train Your Dragon 3 pushed back to 2018
Topic Started: 23 Jan 2015, 22:07 (6650 Views)
DarthBacon
Gronckle

I think it has got to do with the budget.. HTTYD 2's budget was actually lesser than HTTYD's.. so that may have been one of the reasons why the movie did not run for some more extra time.. but hey, i think a good director should know how to work around with the budget he has, and i'm positive Dean will learn this after HTTYD 2.

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! :O

:( that puts us back another year. And I think that even though they now have an extra year DW will spend the same amount of time on 3 as they did on 2 so overall quality should be the same. However there are some pluses... It means that the HTTYD franchise can be active a bit longer. Also by 2018 it is possible that we could see a bit better quality of animation, even though dragons2 was already amazing. And 2018 means that Dean personally gets an extra year to mull over how to conclude something as epic as HTTYD.

nightfury123
My auntie's dog might die...
:'(

Just wanted to share this video. You know, just to spread the word.

HTTYD DELAYED UNTIL 2018 ANGRY REACTION! - Ben Ramsey
"A warning to the people, the good and the evil. This is war..."

Pillow

[i]Chief of the Illuminati
[/i]

:O
Spoiler: click to toggle

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

:'( :'( :'( Goodbye cruel world!!!

*jumps off a cliff*

screw you dreamworks
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

Night fury fire
24 Jan 2015, 10:52
:'( :'( :'( Goodbye cruel world!!!

*jumps off a cliff*

screw you dreamworks

Dude. Chill. -_-
You're gonna hate on DW for having financial problems and now a decreased number in staff due to that. A tantrum isn't going to fix anything. We're all sad the wait has been extended, but there is no point in typing sensitive and rude comments to DW. Calm down and relax first. Try looking on the bright side. A longer wait = higher quality movie.

NFDan96
The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself

:( It does suck but hopefully the longer wait means a better quality movie.
<----------- This should never fail to make you smile. :)

Tessem7
Dragon Trainer

Firstly, my condolences to those who were laid off. It sucks. Over 500 people...

Secondly, I'm disappointed that we have to wait another year, because I'm sure we all want the movie sooner than later. However, this does give Dreamworks more time to work on the movie (granted that they have a smaller workforce now). Even with the reduced workforce, there are a few aspects of the movie that will greatly benefit from having extra time. The script, story, and voice acting should all be spot on when the movie comes out. They now have an extra year to work on the story if need be. In addition to that, the extra year gives the voice actors time to record more lines. Not that the voice acting wasn't already superb, but it should be even better in the third film.

I think we are all dreading the wait because three and a half more years sounds like a really long time! Keep in mind, though, that it's the same amount of waiting time that was in between HTTDY1 and HTTYD2. We also have at least two more seasons of the TV show to look forward to in the meantime. One is coming out Spring 2015 last I heard and I could assume from that that the fourth season will be out around the same time next year. Even if the show isn't renewed past season 4, this means we only have to go 2017 and part of 2018 without any Dragons content! That's not to mention the fact that a trailer will probably be out in 2016 sometime or early 2017. During the last two years of the wait, we'll have plenty of existing content to rewatch, too! We'll have 2 movies, 80 (possibly more) episodes of the TV show, five(?) shorts, and the soundtracks.

I'm trying to stay on the positive side! Although I will be 26 years old by the time HTTYD3 comes out and that makes me feel old...
"Thank you for summing that up."

BiggestToothlessFanEVER
Terrible Terror

Tessem7
26 Jan 2015, 03:02
Firstly, my condolences to those who were laid off. It sucks. Over 500 people...

Secondly, I'm disappointed that we have to wait another year, because I'm sure we all want the movie sooner than later. However, this does give Dreamworks more time to work on the movie (granted that they have a smaller workforce now). Even with the reduced workforce, there are a few aspects of the movie that will greatly benefit from having extra time. The script, story, and voice acting should all be spot on when the movie comes out. They now have an extra year to work on the story if need be. In addition to that, the extra year gives the voice actors time to record more lines. Not that the voice acting wasn't already superb, but it should be even better in the third film.

I think we are all dreading the wait because three and a half more years sounds like a really long time! Keep in mind, though, that it's the same amount of waiting time that was in between HTTDY1 and HTTYD2. We also have at least two more seasons of the TV show to look forward to in the meantime. One is coming out Spring 2015 last I heard and I could assume from that that the fourth season will be out around the same time next year. Even if the show isn't renewed past season 4, this means we only have to go 2017 and part of 2018 without any Dragons content! That's not to mention the fact that a trailer will probably be out in 2016 sometime or early 2017. During the last two years of the wait, we'll have plenty of existing content to rewatch, too! We'll have 2 movies, 80 (possibly more) episodes of the TV show, five(?) shorts, and the soundtracks.

I'm trying to stay on the positive side! Although I will be 26 years old by the time HTTYD3 comes out and that makes me feel old...
The date will come fast for this movie; it's just sad the studio had to be shut down for re-construction but we just hope for the best <3 8)