Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
How to Train Your Dragon 3 pushed back to 2018
Topic Started: 22 Jan 2015, 21:39 (6646 Views)
gmarvin112
Member Avatar
Hatchling

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/4 ... e-of-films
Quote:

Under the leadership of newly appointed Co-Presidents of Feature Animation Bonnie Arnold and Mireille Soria, the studio’s core feature animation production will now focus on six specific movies for the next three years – one original film and one sequel each year – includingKung Fu Panda 3 (March 18, 2016), Trolls (Nov. 4, 2016), Boss Baby (Jan. 13, 2017), The Croods 2 (Dec. 22, 2017), Larrikins (Feb. 16, 2018) and How to Train Your Dragon 3 (June 29, 2018). (Boss Baby and How to Train Your Dragon 3 have both been pushed back from their previous release dates.)
Well, guess we have to wait an extra year. I don't know how to feel about this. On the one hand, it gives them time to make sure we get a quality movie, but on the other hand, 3 YEARS!!! :(
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

chupacabra
Member Avatar
Hatchling

gmarvin112
23 Jan 2015, 01:39
Well, guess we have to wait an extra year. I don't know how to feel about this. On the one hand, it gives them time to make sure we get a quality movie, but on the other hand, 3 YEARS!!! :(
They're working on the same number of movies per year, but with 500 fewer talented individuals, so how does that translate to better quality? It seems like their existing workforce is going to be exhausted, leading to lower quality movies.

gmarvin112
Member Avatar
Hatchling

chupacabra
23 Jan 2015, 02:02

They're working on the same number of movies per year, but with 500 fewer talented individuals, so how does that translate to better quality? It seems like their existing workforce is going to be exhausted, leading to lower quality movies.
Actually they're working on one less film per year.
You know, you should at least read the actual article before you respond. It does wonders.

chupacabra
Member Avatar
Hatchling

gmarvin112
23 Jan 2015, 02:21
Actually they're working on one less film per year.
You know, you should at least read the actual article before you respond. It does wonders.
Uh, they've been working on 2 films per year for the last decade and they're planning to work on 2 films per year for the next 3 years. Sass doesn't work when the facts are against you.

Mccallistair
Gronckle

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gmarvin112
Member Avatar
Hatchling

chupacabra
23 Jan 2015, 02:24
Uh, they've been working on 2 films per year for the last decade and they're planning to work on 2 films per year for the next 3 years. Sass doesn't work when the facts are against you.
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2015/01/22/d ... -dragon-3/

"How to Train Your Dragon 3 is just one of many DreamWorks Animation films being pushed back as it cuts down its feature film production from three films a year, to two."

My bad, you're right. They planned on releasing 3 films a year, but never got around to it.

DarthBacon
Gronckle

Sad news.. I hate to ask this, but will the fandom survive this? I mean, 3 and a half years is such a huge wait. :(

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

Well aren't those some sad news to open the day with...

I'm pretty sure the fanbase will still hold until then. Im not sure how I can hold it mentally. Hopefully it will be worth it...

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

DarthBacon
23 Jan 2015, 03:17
Sad news.. I hate to ask this, but will the fandom survive this? I mean, 3 and a half years is such a huge wait. :(
The fandom waited 4-5 years for Dragons 2 instead of 3. Of course we'll make it ;) Things may get quiet around year 2, but a trailer soon after will bring the excitement back.

Toothy is optimistic about this as well! :D
I also want DW to do what it needs after the major layoffs that recently occured.

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

This sucks. Hopefully we haven't moved on from the fandom by then. Things change in 3 years. Cant they just push the Croods 2 back to 2018 instead. Did anyone really care about that movie anyways?

Hopefully DW will consider putting out more seasons of the series until then. It can take place after the 2nd movie and lead into 3. That might help keep the fandom alive.