Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
DreamWorks Needs Our Help
Topic Started: 28 Jan 2015, 17:41 (5301 Views)
chupacabra
Member Avatar
Hatchling

It's like Pixar all over again.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Night Fury
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

DarkWing
28 Jan 2015, 17:21

You sure buying that stock was a good idea? xD
It's a huge gamble, that why I only bought a small number of shares. :P

I might sell if it goes up to around $25, or wait and see if someone buys out DreamWorks.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

I'm pretty sure that the main value of that small a quantity of shares is to have fandom bragging rights, and that's priceless.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

DarkWing
Hatchling

Well it depends when he/she bought the stocks, it might be a smart move, seeing that it's highly possible DW will be bought in the near future = profit!

iluvhttyd
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

Okay, to some, these may be just movies, but to others, they are more than that.

I can't tell you how much movies like HTTYD mean to me. They help me cope with my depression and make me laugh and help me when things get rough.

To me, these aren't just movies. These are my coping mechanisms.

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Ok look I am sure they are more then just movies to a lot of us but in the end they are MOVIES. Profiting only dreamworks when we go and buy them and go see them in theaters (and the few people who work in a theater). Now, I agree we shouldn't watch movies online, but instead buy them. I know I have bought at least one copy of every DVD or Blu Ray there is, plus plenty of HTTYD merchandise. That's profiting them right there; but to talk about donating.. That's just pointless. Altogether we couldn't raise that much, not enough to make the slightest dent in their problem, and really.. that money is MUCH better spent on more pressing problems.. Need I mention them?

-Starving children and families all over the world
-Cancer, aides, along with countless other research funds
-Animal abuse foundations
-Funds for saving endangered species from poaching before they are gone for good
-Donations for families, people you might know, who can't afford to pay their rent and will likely be homeless sooner rather then later
-Making some kids holiday a little brighter by donating to Toys for Tots or similar
-Cleaning up the environment

The list goes on and on. In the end, this movie series will end, thousands upon millions of dollars will be spent on it by loyal fans. That's all well and good, its your money to with what you like; but if you are thinking of donating money to people who have masters degrees and can easily find a job paying at least 100k per year elsewhere, that's just ridiculous. It's not like the people who lost their jobs are going to be poor. They can find a job that is very high paying elsewhere whether it be in movies or television. Not to say I don't feel bad for them, because I do, but they are much better off then people, say, who are single mothers/fathers and who work at a place like wal-mart and lose their job. That's not nearly as easy to feed the family when you can only get low paying work anyway, and lose what little you have.

I am just saying, there are many more pressing matters in the world then just movie making. In the end, movies are for entertainment. No one will profit from movies except people who make them. They normally won't make a dent in society except to entertain people. Yes, HTTYD is a very inspiring and great movie trilogy, but I am sure it will continue on. Its up to dreamworks to do what they want with it, and no matter how much money we raise or how much we try to change the world, its still gonna happen the way it does. If you really want to make a dent in this universe, go volunteer somewhere, donate to a needy organization, but please save your money for people that actually need it, who may be starving and on the brink of death.

Thanks for reading. Later.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Donating? Really? DreamWorks has driven itself into this hole with lots of their movies recently (that anyone with a brain should have know we're going to do poorly in the theaters like Turbo) and really s****y marketing. The company did this to themselves and it is sad to see so many people losing jobs because of idiotic choices.

Jill
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

First World Priorities