Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
What would ruin it for you?
Topic Started: 29 Nov 2016, 02:28 (6107 Views)
VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

I'm going to have to agree with you, Chicken (and I think the scenario you came up with was pretty awesome!). I don't see the need for any really dark themes, and I'd hate the movie if it contradicts the lesson that was taught in the first two films, the importance of cherishing friendship and not betraying the ones closest to you. If the movie does that, then what was the point in making the first two?

I think the worst offense the final installment could make is having Toothless leave Hiccup when he's still alive, (if it's going to go down that route of the dragons leaving into exile, which is the most likely at this point).
Spoiler: click to toggle
Something that wouldn't ruin the movie, but would annoy me is if Hiccup and Astrid sing "For the Dancing and the Dreaming" together. It just feels so wrong to me, I feel like that song belongs to Stoick and Valka alone. It's a beautiful last memory of them as a happy couple that I don't want to be replaced with another image that's not as powerful.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

AdamGaffney96
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

I really hope that they don't do the female Night Fury as others have said, I feel like they should part ways because its what's best, not because of the cliché "Toothless is with his real family now" like they do in most of these kinds of movies.

motoxjoel
Snoggletog Wraith

hcsp1
24 Jul 2015, 15:22
But then I thought about something. Now, I'm of course believing we would get a good final product that we could hopfully look back at and think "Glad we stuck through this journy"; but what if we won't get that? I hate to be that guy (Because I'm not much of a pessimistic... most of the time) but we have to take into account the possibility that something could go wrong somewhere in HTTYD 3's story. So let us share our small fears and ask, what would ruin the movie for you?

I agree. Everyone is saying when is Half Life 3 coming out but people need to realise it will probably never come out. The insanely huge hype train is even to today still building and the shoes to fill from HL2 are in a sense 'too big to fill'. If they make another they have to make it extremely perfect to the very pixel as if not it will go down as the biggest hype yet biggest flop game of the year well bigger than no mans sky.

HTTYD 3 is the same in a sense, they set a story and a cliffhanger (such as HL2) and the next installment needs to be tremendous as the hype around it is astonishing. They need to make it just right and if they dont it'll flop. I myself have my trust in Dean and that he will deliver.. Hopefully. :unsure: