Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
What would ruin it for you?
Topic Started: 27 Jul 2015, 13:50 (6209 Views)
Night Fury
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

I'm still on the fence about the Night Fury angle, but I'm leaning toward the idea that we will see another one somehow. Would they really build this much suspense only to not show another?

Either way, I'm extremely hesitant about this film and I worry that Dean may just have bitten off more than he can chew this time around. I won't walk away just because they introduce another Night Fury, but there's a good chance I will if it comes down to Hiccup and Toothless parting. And the most natural way to make that work would be by introducing other Night Furies. The main alternative would be leaving Toothless alone or dead, which almost no one wants to see, either. The only possibly worse option would be sending him away with Valka.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

SplashTheScauldron
Most inactive ass in the fandom

Hmm...
I think I wouldn't like a perfect happy clicee whatever ending, but a bad ending would be pretty sad too.

I don't really know what I could like or not, I just hope DreamWorks knows what they do there and try the best they can. I'm pretty exited for KFP3 because of that, it will be interesting to see how DW handles other triology endings.

It's summer holidays, please excuse my grammar xD
Yes, I ship Dagur and Hiccup.

I apologize for cringy posts I made some years ago

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

I'm more of the mindset that I'll know a bad idea if I see/hear it right now. There's simply too many directions the story could go in for me to get caught up in trying to predict it and then raise concerns over those hypotheticals.

As far as something more concrete, that report a little while back that the film might make heavy use of a non-linear timeline gives me some pause. That's a tough technique to use well, and I fear that it could muddle the story-telling a lot easier than enhance it if Dean does indeed opt for that route.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

KentuckyWildcat
30 Jul 2015, 00:30
I'm more of the mindset that I'll know a bad idea if I see/hear it right now. There's simply too many directions the story could go in for me to get caught up in trying to predict it and then raise concerns over those hypotheticals.

As far as something more concrete, that report a little while back that the film might make heavy use of a non-linear timeline gives me some pause. That's a tough technique to use well, and I fear that it could muddle the story-telling a lot easier than enhance it if Dean does indeed opt for that route.
I'm pretty much in agreement with this really, there being only one thing I think I could add.

That being, try to remember the previous themes for your other films in the franchise and build off of those while creating something new for the third one. I feel the second film dropped the ball somewhat in this regard, and wasn't the absolute best sequel it could have been perhaps because of it. So I would like to see them not make that mistake again. With that said though I don't feel that the second movie was ruined for me by this, and I don't feel the third would be either. I just think it would be somewhat disappointing to see it happen again.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

DragonLover1987
Dragon Princess

Like some/most people, I don't wanna see Toothless running off with a female Night Fury and leave Hiccup. I hope no one in the fandom leaves after the third.
EDIT: IF they find one. Toothless is still most likely the last one. But hey, you never know.

:) :P <3 :nightfuryegg: :alpha: 8)
Want to contact me on non-dragon sites? Here!:
Animal Jam: PokemonPikachu10661
Transformice: Vanillaratxx

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Well, since HTTYD2 pretty much dissapointed me to no end I have no high hopes for the third movie but I hope it doesn't end with some s***** ending thats cliche and overdone.

And god, don't focus on "Hiccstrid" Blegh!

DarthBacon
Gronckle

Well, I think that any more night furies won't be introduced after all. Dean said that we will learn what happened to the other night furies. Drago had something to do with the disappearance of them. His cloak obviously is made from a night fury's skin. It has the same color and texture as Toothless's skin, and is also fire resistant. We'll just be shown what happened to them, and how Drago was related to that.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

DarthBacon
01 Sep 2015, 06:50
Drago had something to do with the disappearance of them. His cloak obviously is made from a night fury's skin. It has the same color and texture as Toothless's skin, and is also fire resistant. We'll just be shown what happened to them, and how Drago was related to that.
Oh boy did you miss an interesting discussion. If you haven't read the topic here http://forums.berksgrapevine.com/topic/11142370/1/ I recommend you do. I might be more than likely wrong and I might be in the minority with my opinion. But it's still an interesting topic that probably went way to in depth on just Drago's cloak. :P
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

I'm hoping they don't make Toothless even cuter. He practically acts like a puppy instead of a fierce dragon.

TheBlackFluffyThing
Terrible Terror

Berserk Shieldmaiden
04 Sep 2015, 03:44
I'm hoping they don't make Toothless even cuter. He practically acts like a puppy instead of a fierce dragon.
Yes, I completely agree with this. I want more of the wilder dragon that he was in the first movie.

Night Fury: The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself.