Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
What would ruin it for you?
Topic Started: 04 Apr 2016, 11:56 (6103 Views)
Skyshear
Skyshear

Massive extinction of the dragons. Eventually they might go that way but they should do it with respect and a believable cause.
J. L. Polacek
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Hulk10
Terrible Terror

What would ruin it for me would be the extinction of the dragons, and them never coming back. And Toothless and Hiccup becoming enemies. :'(

And I would really be upset if Astrid, Fishlegs, Snotlout, Ruffnut and Tuffnut and their dragons don't survive........... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Night Fury

the-winterina
Member Avatar
Keep it Positive
;)

As mentioned by others, I would hate it if Toothless ran away with a female Night Fury. But I trust Dean DeBlois and honestly don't think that's gonna happen. He's a pretty realistic guy and a very good story-teller! However, if the movie does show us an island full of Night Furies, I would be a little skeptical. There's this theory that Drago's cloak is made out of Night Fury scales and I honestly really want that to be true! (I know...that sounds twisted but hear me out...)

Dean said that the evil Drago Bludvist is coming back for revenge in the finale so what if he told Hiccup that he was the reason Night Furies were all gone? I think that would be exciting and I know if that were to happen, I would be on the edge of my seat.

Now, changing paces a little here, I'm as much of a Hiccstrid shipper as the next person but I kind of don't want there to be a Hiccstrid wedding. I want it to be implied but not shown. I mean this whole franchise is based around Hiccup and Toothless' relationship and I just think it would shine to much light on Hiccstrid (again, not that I don't enjoy the Hiccstrid moments. I think they did a fabulous job in HTTYD2 with showcasing their relationship!) I also don't want Hiccup and Astrid to have kids prematurely in the movie either like they did in Shrek 3. Maybe at the very end or something they could show that the Haddock family is growing.

EveryEmpireFalls
Hatchling

hictooth
24 Jul 2015, 18:02
I agree with the fact that they can't just go adding random things into the last film, such as magic, prophecies, or a female night fury. I was a bit disappointed that they decided to include hypnosis in Race to the Edge, and hope that it is not filtered through into the third film.
I agree with the adding random things into the film, but I was okay with the hypnosis. It is a legitimate medical procedure anyways. Its been used for years. But it does have a stigma around it...
Crystallion12
30 Mar 2016, 11:54
You know what I want? Toothless: No, they don't... Quiet, Toothless!

Now, what I want to see.

You know how they killed off Stoick, and weren't afraid of doing so? That's what I want to see more of. I want them to be brave, and go dark.

I know it's not that likely, considering it is rated PG, but I wat them to push the boundaries...
I'd love to see them break the meta a bit. Also to see them go dark again like they did with killing Stoick.
Puff
30 Mar 2016, 15:46
One thing is certain, the last movie will be dark to a certain extent. Falling from the golden age of dragons to the moment where they're simply gone in a single human lifespan, that will have to happen in a rather radical way.

We'll see what the future holds! ;)
I agree, I think that the third movie will be dark. Especially considering that Hiccup and Toothless are said to split up :'( :'( :'(
the-winterina
18 Jul 2016, 04:20
Now, changing paces a little here, I'm as much of a Hiccstrid shipper as the next person but I kind of don't want there to be a Hiccstrid wedding. I want it to be implied but not shown. I mean this whole franchise is based around Hiccup and Toothless' relationship and I just think it would shine to much light on Hiccstrid (again, not that I don't enjoy the Hiccstrid moments. I think they did a fabulous job in HTTYD2 with showcasing their relationship!) I also don't want Hiccup and Astrid to have kids prematurely in the movie either like they did in Shrek 3. Maybe at the very end or something they could show that the Haddock family is growing.
I am a Hiccstrid zealot, but frankly, I agree. I would not like to see a wedding between the two. I think it is best left with a few hints that it happened a few month/years ago and it was nice, peaceful, and respectful... as well as romantic. If they were to do that, I doubt I would actually leave the theater (I really doubt anything could, aside from an IRL emergency). But I hope it is well done, short, and to the point. On that note, I wouldnt mind an ending similar to the HP series where they jump forward 9 years or whatever time to show Hiccup and the gang and where they are, kids, et cetera...

Aside from the above, seeing Toothless run off with another night fury would not ruin it for me. Depending how they did it, it could work, for me at least. Though I suppose I can see where many of you are coming from when you say it would kill it for you.

Actually, I can't think of a whole lot, offhand, that would ruin the movie/series for me. I have an open mind about it. So long as it is respectful and well made, I presume I will enjoy the movie. My biggest hopes are they don't do anything terribly out of character (OOC). Like dumb down Hiccup's intelligence... (glaring at you season 3 of RTTE). Or, force any endings or plot points, et cetera. I hate seeing forced plots...

Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

This is a scenario which might ruin it for me.
So my sister pointed something out in HTTYD 2. Drago calls "gather the men and meet me at Berk!" We don't really see his men at Berk. (Maybe I didn't catch something, though, I'm not really good at catching every little detail in movies.)
So that got my mind rolling.
What if HTTYD 3 is near the end, and it was a great movie, and everyone is feeling amazingly uplifted. Hiccup and Astrid have taken solemn wedding vows, and a joyous feast is taking place. Hiccup and Astrid are dancing, with the whole tribe around. Even the dragons are taking part in the merrymaking.
But then, those men of Drago's show up. After being seriously lost those last five years, they finally found Berk. Drago isn't around to give them instructions, so they do what comes naturally -- killing the dragons.
An arrow is aimed at the highest prize, a Night Fury. The deadly projectile comes zeroing in on Toothless's body. Toothless never knew what hit him, because he was killed instantly. However, once he was dead, a natural reflex caused a final plasma blast to escape him. The powerful blast flew and hit Astrid, striking her dead in an instant.
Hiccup looks in horror at Toothless. The arrow has plunged out of sight, sinking down between his scales. Hiccup doesn't know about it. He only knows that his best friend killed his bride.
Here's where it takes two different turns in my head.
Either Hiccup stares at the slumped over Toothless in horror, his hatred mounting, for several seconds, before another arrow is let loose, striking Hiccup down immediately. He feels no pain and doesn't realize that he was hit, he dies so quickly. His last thought is that of hatred toward the dragon he once loved.
Or, Hiccup stares at the slumped over Toothless in horror, his hatred mounting, for several seconds. Flashing through his eyes is Toothless's plasma blast killing Stoick, and now Astrid. Hiccup raises his voice, announcing to the vikings that Stoick the Vast was right most of his life, and the dragons must die. He lives a life of hatred and anger, destroying the dragons he once would have given his life to save.

Okay, yeah, I didn't try to think of that or anything. It just kind of happened in my head.

Not necessarily that specific scenario, but also anything like it would ruin it for me. Anything which destroys the lessons of the first two movies and the series. Those have the conclusion that everyone is better for what Hiccup did in the first movie -- if the third movie makes it seem like everything would have been better if Hiccup never befriended Toothless, it would totally be ruined.

There's a couple other things I wouldn't like but wouldn't quite ruin it-- Hiccup having a beard (a tiny bit of facial hair is okay, but a tiny bit. I mean, this is Hiccup!), and Astrid having her hair loose instead of braided. I know a lot of people want those to happen, but I would just be rolling my eyes the whole time.
Clouds of corn <3

Heather the Berserker
I go where no one goes

HOW CAN YOU EVEN THINK THESE THINGS, CHICKEN!!!??? DX
Bear the flame

Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

Heather the Berserker
28 Nov 2016, 17:59
HOW CAN YOU EVEN THINK THESE THINGS, CHICKEN!!!??? DX
Yeah, I know, Hiccup having beard would be simply awful, wouldn't it? I should be ashamed of myself for thinking of it. :P

But really, I thought of it because I'm afraid of the direction the last one is said to be set in. Unlike many people, I don't like the thought of it being dark, and I don't want the dragons to leave. So when I saw a fan's drawing of what Hiccup's and Astrid's wedding would be like, I thought, "Wow, that looks beautiful!" But then I remembered Stoick's and Valka's joyous reunion; they had just a short time together before Stoick died. So my imagination kind of worked out a tragedy for Hiccup and Astrid within a few seconds of time.
Clouds of corn <3

Night_Stalker
Dragon Trainer class 5

i think the movie will be about hiccup learning to be cheif and discovering where toothless came from and his past. i feel like dream works will skip the wedding and just start out twith them being married already and just make hints to confirm it

OC: Oliver and Storm

motoxjoel
Snoggletog Wraith

Night_Stalker
28 Nov 2016, 19:34
i think the movie will be about hiccup learning to be cheif and discovering where toothless came from and his past. i feel like dream works will skip the wedding and just start out twith them being married already and just make hints to confirm it

I think in HTTYD 3 we will learn of toothless past alot more, either from drawings in a cave showing how vikings ran his species into the ground or he finds tracks of his species like bones or something in reference to it. Either way we will definitely learn of toothlesses past.

Heather the Berserker
I go where no one goes

It would be kinda annoying for Hiccup to have a beard, but you know what would be even worse?
Astrid having a beard.
ROFL :X

I've always wondered how they would learn about Toothless' past. =P
Hiccup: So, Toothless, can you tell me more about like... your past?
Toothless:

Bear the flame