Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Plot details!
Topic Started: 07 Oct 2015, 04:39 (3763 Views)
Night Fury
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

I'd say the source is pretty questionable.
Quote:

According to Ecumenical News
So I checked out the article on Ecumenical News, and it's full of words like "its rumored" and "might". I don't see any actual quotes from anyone involved with the film -- just a lot of random facts that aren't really news, and a good dose of what appears to be mere speculation. It reads like someone was paid to write an article and just trolled the web for various facts and rumors, which they've spun into this story.

But read it and come to your own conclusions...

http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/article/h ... ways-34166

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

TheBlackFluffyThing
06 Oct 2015, 19:23
I really hope that they explain why Toothless is going against the humans and even Hiccup in this movie. Because I seriosly doubt that he'll just start to fight his best friend for no reason.

And there's one thing where the movie doesn't follow the books: Hiccup and Toothless NEVER were enemies there, because Toothless never joined the Dragon Rebellion, that happens in the books.

So, if the movie will be a Toothless VS Hiccup movie from the start, I might not watch it, because it feels wrong for the series to destroy the friendship they built in such a cruel way. :(
Toothless never joins the rebellion in the books....
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

Eclipse-Wolven
Ninja Dragon

I would definitely take these articles with a grain of salt. I'm not sure I believe what they're saying just yet (if only for the use of words like 'rumored') but if it does turn out to be accurate, that would be a really cool plot point.
-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup-

Neilandio
Dragon trainer

Those are just rumors people, calm your dragons down.
My dragon den:

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Neilandio
08 Oct 2015, 20:32
You know, I love how every time I post something like this (like seriously, every time) there are countless people who are so determined to discredit or prove it wrong. Sometimes some of the spoilers I have shared have actually been accurate, after which people just are in shock. Like the death of a major character; I predicted that before anyone else, and everyone discredited my theory. Then in HTTYD 2 Stoick died.

It was an article on Berks Grapevine that most people didn't read due to spoilers, which said that there would be something that would test the bond between Toothless and Hiccup. That's what tipped me off. I remember I asked someone on twitter who was on the team if they would kill off a major character, he replied that he couldn't say due to a contract. That's when I knew they would kill off a major character. Of course, nobody believed me and passed it off as nothing.

-sigh-

Moral of the story: Believe what you want, but don't be so quick to discredit other people when they share things.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

thenightandthefury
09 Oct 2015, 00:11
You know, I love how every time I post something like this (like seriously, every time) there are countless people who are so determined to discredit or prove it wrong. Sometimes some of the spoilers I have shared have actually been accurate, after which people just are in shock. Like the death of a major character; I predicted that before anyone else, and everyone discredited my theory. Then in HTTYD 2 Stoick died.

It was an article on Berks Grapevine that most people didn't read due to spoilers, which said that there would be something that would test the bond between Toothless and Hiccup. That's what tipped me off. I remember I asked someone on twitter who was on the team if they would kill off a major character, he replied that he couldn't say due to a contract. That's when I knew they would kill off a major character. Of course, nobody believed me and passed it off as nothing.

-sigh-

Moral of the story: Believe what you want, but don't be so quick to discredit other people when they share things.

I'm sure no harm is meant by it. :) You do have to remember you are posting on a forum where people are going to have their own opinions and ideas on any topic, and are going to want to post them. (Which is what they should be doing it's what forums are meant for discussion of similar and differing ideas after all.) I'm sure no one's doing it to ruin your fun, to discredit you, or anything else. Their just thinking of the alternatives and what they think may be more likely. To be honest in this case I also think this article is based more on rumors than actual fact. That doesn't mean whats said can't or won't happen, just that until we have more info from those who are actually working on the movie we're(those of us who think its just rumors) less likely to believe them as fact.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

TheBlackFluffyThing
Terrible Terror

igix
07 Oct 2015, 07:13
hcsp1
07 Oct 2015, 05:39
TheBlackFluffyThing
I really hope that they explain why Toothless is going against the humans and even Hiccup in this movie. Because I seriosly doubt that he'll just start to fight his best friend for no reason.

And there's one thing where the movie doesn't follow the books: Hiccup and Toothless NEVER were enemies there, because Toothless never joined the Dragon Rebellion, that happens in the books.

So, if the movie will be a Toothless VS Hiccup movie from the start, I might not watch it, because it feels wrong for the series to destroy the friendship they built in such a cruel way. :(
I know right? How come after following the books so closely with the previous 2 movies they all the sudden CHANGE something about the plot? It's not like they completely changed Toothless's breed in the movies, or made Hiccup lose a limb, or... I think I proved my point. Just because we are probably getting the same conclusion as in the books, doesn't mean the rest of the movie is going to be a faithful adaptation, espacially when the previous two films had almost nothing to do with the books.

That aside, I do hope that there's a good enough reason for why this war breaks. Hiccup and Toothless pretty much did something which was probably considered impossible in HTTYD 2 thanks to their strong connection. Something really terrible must happen in order for the two of them to take different sides, and I have a feeling Toothless killing Stoick might have something to do with it. And before someone brings it up, yes Toothless isn't guilty of it and Hiccup forgave him, I've seen the movie like any other person on this forum. But, something tells me this isn't going to be a one-movie thing. If Hiccup and Toothless are taking on different sides in this movie, this point will be brought up as one of the reasons for it. Not the main one, maybe not even a big one, but one none the less.

One more thing; to everyone who thinks Hiccup and Toothless being on war with each other means they are enemies, did you assume that based on what? Just because they are on opposing sides doesn't mean they outright hate each other. Remember this quote from one of the intereviews? "Both have to do what's right for their respective tribes"? This most likely won't happen because they now hate each other, but because they're trying to do the right thing; and just like life, the right thing to do isn't always what you want and something tells me Hiccup and Toothless don't want this, but they have to do it. There's this thing in movies which makes characters work, it's called complexity, and I think that's what they strive for with this movie.

That comment ended up being way longer than intended... So to end it all up, is there any confirmation about a release date? Because it appeares like DreamWorks returned the movie to 2017. Nothing's confirmed, but it's shown on verious sites...
Well said, there has to be complex reasoning
Yes, I also would appreciate complex reasoning for Hiccup's and Toothless' parting, but in the article it's mentioned that they might be parting quite early into the movie and that might make their separation feel rushed and unexplained.
That's what my main fear is.

Night Fury: The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself.

TheBlackFluffyThing
Terrible Terror

hcsp1
06 Oct 2015, 09:33
Okay hold on!!! Did it say 2017!? Typo...?

Anyway, from this information I'm sticking with my theory from the ending speculations thread. If you didn't read it, here it is again:
Quote:

I heard that Hiccup and Toothless's split up in the book happens pretty early on as opposed to the end of the book. If that's true, then I think this split we fear so much will actually be THE BEGINNING of the movie.

Let's think about this, Dean constantly said this split up will happen in intereviews. "Why dragons aren't around anymore", "Leads to a point where Hiccup is able to stand up on his own", and let's not forget he wants to finish it with the opening line from the first book: "There were dragons when I was a boy". Unless it's a part of some brilliant marketing scheme(Which it could be, I'm not rolling that option out), he won't give away the ending to his movie 4 years before it's release. Not to mention he mentioned that now, when both Hiccup and Toothless are the leaders of their own tribes, each one of them faces his own troubles which results in the movie having a dueling storyline. What could cause a dueling storyline? How about the two main characters splitting up, which will allow Toothless to explore his past and will allow Hiccup to reach the point where he's becoming a person on his own; two things Dean promised.

However! I have another idea. Remember how this movie is going to have a non-linear structure? Well, Hiccup and Toothless could start the film apart from each other, each doing his own thing. The split might be the first thing to happen chronologically, but it's the last thing we see in the movie, the fact that it happened being built up until the end of it where we see what truly happened.
So with the info we got from this, I'm more than sure Hiccup and Toothless are splitting up at the beginning of the movie, espacially with the aricale talking about a war with them at opposite sides apperantly...

Either way, this just got a whole lot more intence... Bring this movie on!
hcsp1
07 Oct 2015, 05:39
TheBlackFluffyThing

I know right? How come after following the books so closely with the previous 2 movies they all the sudden CHANGE something about the plot? It's not like they completely changed Toothless's breed in the movies, or made Hiccup lose a limb, or... I think I proved my point. Just because we are probably getting the same conclusion as in the books, doesn't mean the rest of the movie is going to be a faithful adaptation, espacially when the previous two films had almost nothing to do with the books.

That aside, I do hope that there's a good enough reason for why this war breaks. Hiccup and Toothless pretty much did something which was probably considered impossible in HTTYD 2 thanks to their strong connection. Something really terrible must happen in order for the two of them to take different sides, and I have a feeling Toothless killing Stoick might have something to do with it. And before someone brings it up, yes Toothless isn't guilty of it and Hiccup forgave him, I've seen the movie like any other person on this forum. But, something tells me this isn't going to be a one-movie thing. If Hiccup and Toothless are taking on different sides in this movie, this point will be brought up as one of the reasons for it. Not the main one, maybe not even a big one, but one none the less.

One more thing; to everyone who thinks Hiccup and Toothless being on war with each other means they are enemies, did you assume that based on what? Just because they are on opposing sides doesn't mean they outright hate each other. Remember this quote from one of the intereviews? "Both have to do what's right for their respective tribes"? This most likely won't happen because they now hate each other, but because they're trying to do the right thing; and just like life, the right thing to do isn't always what you want and something tells me Hiccup and Toothless don't want this, but they have to do it. There's this thing in movies which makes characters work, it's called complexity, and I think that's what they strive for with this movie.

That comment ended up being way longer than intended... So to end it all up, is there any confirmation about a release date? Because it appeares like DreamWorks returned the movie to 2017. Nothing's confirmed, but it's shown on verious sites...
So, you just said that the movies don't follow the books that closely and I'm well aware of that. I just said that Hiccup and Toothless weren't enemies in the books, because you brought the books into this discussion.

Night Fury: The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself.

Neilandio
Dragon trainer

thenightandthefury
09 Oct 2015, 00:11
Neilandio
08 Oct 2015, 20:32

-sigh-

That's how life works, if you claim something then you prove it, otherwise people won't believe you. In this case the article that you linked has another article as a source that states:
Quote:

There have been rumors that when the third movie comes around, Hiccup and Toothless will both be leaders of their respective tribes. Unfortunately for the two, humans and dragons will allegedly be at war, maybe due to Drago's return. The villainous dragon will reportedly be out for revenge in the upcoming sequel. This, in turn, might lead to what DeBlois has described as one of the most heartbreaking but unforgettable breakups ever to grace the silver screen.
The original source literally says these are rumors.
My dragon den:

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Honestly, there's no way that we'd be getting any definitive plot information like that this far out from release. Wait until there's a year or so until release, then we can actually start having a serious discussion about rumours.

This is good, of course, because there are so many problems with that rumoured plot that I don't even know where to begin.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.