Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Plot details!
Topic Started: 06 Oct 2015, 05:00 (3762 Views)
thenightandthefury
Gronckle

http://en.yibada.com/articles/68987/201 ... e-date.htm
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

My brain is malfunctioning from this news....!

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

In case you missed it these are the spoilers. Do not click if you do not want major spoiler content.
Spoiler: click to toggle

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

Okay hold on!!! Did it say 2017!? Typo...?

Anyway, from this information I'm sticking with my theory from the ending speculations thread. If you didn't read it, here it is again:
Quote:

I heard that Hiccup and Toothless's split up in the book happens pretty early on as opposed to the end of the book. If that's true, then I think this split we fear so much will actually be THE BEGINNING of the movie.

Let's think about this, Dean constantly said this split up will happen in intereviews. "Why dragons aren't around anymore", "Leads to a point where Hiccup is able to stand up on his own", and let's not forget he wants to finish it with the opening line from the first book: "There were dragons when I was a boy". Unless it's a part of some brilliant marketing scheme(Which it could be, I'm not rolling that option out), he won't give away the ending to his movie 4 years before it's release. Not to mention he mentioned that now, when both Hiccup and Toothless are the leaders of their own tribes, each one of them faces his own troubles which results in the movie having a dueling storyline. What could cause a dueling storyline? How about the two main characters splitting up, which will allow Toothless to explore his past and will allow Hiccup to reach the point where he's becoming a person on his own; two things Dean promised.

However! I have another idea. Remember how this movie is going to have a non-linear structure? Well, Hiccup and Toothless could start the film apart from each other, each doing his own thing. The split might be the first thing to happen chronologically, but it's the last thing we see in the movie, the fact that it happened being built up until the end of it where we see what truly happened.
So with the info we got from this, I'm more than sure Hiccup and Toothless are splitting up at the beginning of the movie, espacially with the aricale talking about a war with them at opposite sides apperantly...

Either way, this just got a whole lot more intence... Bring this movie on!

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

I know right!?! The whole plot being basically confirmed just sends shivers down my spine. I feel like we will get to see the true wrath of dragons rather then the tame pet like creatures they have always been. Like they were before BEFORE Hiccup tamed them!

On that note, we have gotten so used to seeing Toothless as a pet like creature.... Who is ready to see his wild side unleashed?

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Hold the phone, 2017?! Seeing as how this was posted like a week ago... omg... Could they have actually pushed the release date to 2017?!?!

TheBlackFluffyThing
Terrible Terror

I really hope that they explain why Toothless is going against the humans and even Hiccup in this movie. Because I seriosly doubt that he'll just start to fight his best friend for no reason.

And there's one thing where the movie doesn't follow the books: Hiccup and Toothless NEVER were enemies there, because Toothless never joined the Dragon Rebellion, that happens in the books.

So, if the movie will be a Toothless VS Hiccup movie from the start, I might not watch it, because it feels wrong for the series to destroy the friendship they built in such a cruel way. :(

Night Fury: The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself.

igix
FLABSLAB - Fly Like A Butterfly ...

TheBlackFluffyThing
06 Oct 2015, 19:23
I really hope that they explain why Toothless is going against the humans and even Hiccup in this movie. Because I seriosly doubt that he'll just start to fight his best friend for no reason.

And there's one thing where the movie doesn't follow the books: Hiccup and Toothless NEVER were enemies there, because Toothless never joined the Dragon Rebellion, that happens in the books.

So, if the movie will be a Toothless VS Hiccup movie from the start, I might not watch it, because it feels wrong for the series to destroy the friendship they built in such a cruel way. :(

Hey dude, read your comment and i whole-heartedly agree. I seriously doubt, like you said, that they'll start fighting. After the fight with Drago, humans and dragons were bonded together like never before. I imagine that Drago's return will most likely influence the separation of Toothless and Hiccup, not just them but the whole of dragon-kind to human-kind etc ...

I share your passion that i don't want this to happen, but at the same time I'm OK with it as long as it has a good reason. Since Vikings and Dragons WILL be fighting against each other, i think that Hiccup and Toothless will somehow defeat Drago, and then Dragons and Vikings will have a permanent peaceful end. But we'll see i guess ....

Also just keep in mind that whilst Hiccup was learning about Dragons, Stoick was alive, and Valka was gone. Now Hiccup has Valka, but stoick is unfortunately gone, and now hiccup is learning the values of having a "Heart of a Chief" - Intentional? Not sure. What I'm trying to say is the whole idea of a "Soul of a Dragon" brought the Vikings and Dragons together - But the "Heart of a Chief" will ultimately separate them. Hiccup and Toothless have their own tribes to protect, "A Chief protects his own." - i imagine this will be a very large factor in their separation.

We can speculate all-day, at the end of the day my friend, appreciate the story, learn the values, enjoy it as much as you can :)

We're all Dragon-Riders at Heart on this forum! <3
A Chief protects his own
Valka: Oh, when I'm up here, I don't even feel the cold, I just feel… Hiccup: Free

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

TheBlackFluffyThing

I know right? How come after following the books so closely with the previous 2 movies they all the sudden CHANGE something about the plot? It's not like they completely changed Toothless's breed in the movies, or made Hiccup lose a limb, or... I think I proved my point. Just because we are probably getting the same conclusion as in the books, doesn't mean the rest of the movie is going to be a faithful adaptation, espacially when the previous two films had almost nothing to do with the books.

That aside, I do hope that there's a good enough reason for why this war breaks. Hiccup and Toothless pretty much did something which was probably considered impossible in HTTYD 2 thanks to their strong connection. Something really terrible must happen in order for the two of them to take different sides, and I have a feeling Toothless killing Stoick might have something to do with it. And before someone brings it up, yes Toothless isn't guilty of it and Hiccup forgave him, I've seen the movie like any other person on this forum. But, something tells me this isn't going to be a one-movie thing. If Hiccup and Toothless are taking on different sides in this movie, this point will be brought up as one of the reasons for it. Not the main one, maybe not even a big one, but one none the less.

One more thing; to everyone who thinks Hiccup and Toothless being on war with each other means they are enemies, did you assume that based on what? Just because they are on opposing sides doesn't mean they outright hate each other. Remember this quote from one of the intereviews? "Both have to do what's right for their respective tribes"? This most likely won't happen because they now hate each other, but because they're trying to do the right thing; and just like life, the right thing to do isn't always what you want and something tells me Hiccup and Toothless don't want this, but they have to do it. There's this thing in movies which makes characters work, it's called complexity, and I think that's what they strive for with this movie.

That comment ended up being way longer than intended... So to end it all up, is there any confirmation about a release date? Because it appeares like DreamWorks returned the movie to 2017. Nothing's confirmed, but it's shown on verious sites...

igix
FLABSLAB - Fly Like A Butterfly ...

hcsp1
07 Oct 2015, 05:39
TheBlackFluffyThing

I know right? How come after following the books so closely with the previous 2 movies they all the sudden CHANGE something about the plot? It's not like they completely changed Toothless's breed in the movies, or made Hiccup lose a limb, or... I think I proved my point. Just because we are probably getting the same conclusion as in the books, doesn't mean the rest of the movie is going to be a faithful adaptation, espacially when the previous two films had almost nothing to do with the books.

That aside, I do hope that there's a good enough reason for why this war breaks. Hiccup and Toothless pretty much did something which was probably considered impossible in HTTYD 2 thanks to their strong connection. Something really terrible must happen in order for the two of them to take different sides, and I have a feeling Toothless killing Stoick might have something to do with it. And before someone brings it up, yes Toothless isn't guilty of it and Hiccup forgave him, I've seen the movie like any other person on this forum. But, something tells me this isn't going to be a one-movie thing. If Hiccup and Toothless are taking on different sides in this movie, this point will be brought up as one of the reasons for it. Not the main one, maybe not even a big one, but one none the less.

One more thing; to everyone who thinks Hiccup and Toothless being on war with each other means they are enemies, did you assume that based on what? Just because they are on opposing sides doesn't mean they outright hate each other. Remember this quote from one of the intereviews? "Both have to do what's right for their respective tribes"? This most likely won't happen because they now hate each other, but because they're trying to do the right thing; and just like life, the right thing to do isn't always what you want and something tells me Hiccup and Toothless don't want this, but they have to do it. There's this thing in movies which makes characters work, it's called complexity, and I think that's what they strive for with this movie.

That comment ended up being way longer than intended... So to end it all up, is there any confirmation about a release date? Because it appeares like DreamWorks returned the movie to 2017. Nothing's confirmed, but it's shown on verious sites...
Well said, there has to be complex reasoning
A Chief protects his own
Valka: Oh, when I'm up here, I don't even feel the cold, I just feel… Hiccup: Free