Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Nooooo!
Topic Started: 29 Jun 2016, 07:45 (3866 Views)
Alicia
Grape Master

Guys I actually can't deal.
So. Much. Sadness.

Below is apparently what the first scene of HTTYD3 will be based around - you have been warned - it's kind of a semi-spoiler (it's not confirmed...)
The art is seriously gorgeous though (even if it's sad) and worth appreciating.

http://pre03.deviantart.net/c5f8/th/pre ... 8ixz58.png

I can't imagine Hiccup's world without Toothless and the other dragons. Part of me doesn't even want to see HTTYD3 if they progress to a world in which there are no longer any dragons. Hiccup and Toothless complete each other.

My heart literally seizes up when I read this.

Let us grieve together.

"You have the heart of a chief and the soul of a dragon..." ~ Valka, How To Train Your Dragon 2
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

HiccupxAstrid123
Member Avatar
Gronckle

My heart broke in 2 pieces reading that.
:hiccup: <3 :astrid:
HICCSTRID IS SOOOO CUTE

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

Sorry to dissapoint, but it's pretty much confirmed that by the end of the 3rd movie, Hiccup and Toothless will part ways.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm the last guy who wants to see then seperate(They are my favorite movie due of all time). But the more you think of it, the more it makes sense that if that's indeed the final chapter in Hiccup's journy(Which it is), he will have to leave the thing which started it :'(

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

You know what's funny? It was planned for a while now for the movies to end on the same note the books do, but by separating Hiccup and Toothless, the movies will accomplish the exact opposite. Toothless doesn't leave Hiccup until the day he dies in his old age in the books, but according to the rumors (I'm putting emphasis on rumors because there's actually no confirmation on how the third movie will begin or end yet), Hiccup may still be alive when Toothless leaves in the movie. In the books, Toothless staying behind is a display of unconditional friendship he shares with Hiccup. If the movie ends in the same way the rumors say it will, the message won't be the same.

mypartnerHiccup
Hiccup's Partner

That's so SAD!!!! *cries*
:'(

But Beautiful.
^_^
"Once a Partner, Always a Partner!"
Hiccup is mine! and Mine Alone!!
This is mypartnerHiccup signing off.

Alicia
Grape Master

I've never actually thought of the end needing to be that they part ways- I guess I'm a sucker for a happy, friendship-triumps-all ending :(
I knew it was pretty much confirmed but they keep dropping hints about the dragons still being able to come back. I really just don't want another goodbye- I had enough of human/dragon goodbyes at the end of the Dragonkeeper series by Carole Wilkinson (honestly lay in bed for like a week, devoid of happy emotions)...

I actually haven't read the books so I didn't know that at the end Toothless and Hiccup remained together- that is a much nicer ending, even if all the other dragons are gone. Toothless has always been special, and Hiccup has always been different to the other vikings, so that makes much more sense to me symbolically then removing all the dragons.

I feel like they've built up this world for us, to the point where many of us love it like our own creation, and now it's going to be torn apart. What is Harry Potter's world without magic? What is the world of Pokemon without the pokemon? Or Ash? What is HTTYD without the dragons and without Hiccup?

...as you can see I'm very distraught over this development...
"You have the heart of a chief and the soul of a dragon..." ~ Valka, How To Train Your Dragon 2

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

You know? The title of this topic kind of reminded me of something a friend told me not too long ago. Don't take this seriously. This is nothing but a joke, but if it were to be real I would have screamed Nooooo!!!

Imagine if at one point in HTTYD 3 Drago's Alpha turns on him, and Drago blames Hiccup for it. The two fight each other until Drago pushes Hiccup to the ground and is about to kill him with a sword or something. The following dialog follows:

Hiccup: Before you kill me, even though I know you won't do it... Please consider to save Valka.

Drago looks at Hiccup in disbelief

Drago: That name! Why did you say that name!?

At that point, Astrid comes in to check on Hiccup

Astrid: Valka is his mother's name!

Drago has a dumbfounded expression as he remembers his own mother being killed by dragons before helping Hiccup to stand up

Drago: Valka won't die again!

I wonder how many of you will get the joke ;)

Pyr0mancer
Hatchling

Hehe, I got it hcsp1! Making fun of that movie never gets old:P

I think that overall, if the movie has a generally happy ending like HTTYD 1 or 2 or even worse a cliffhanger, then it would make the third instalment in my favourite franchise really really weak. Despite what you guys might think, a bittersweet ending is probably the best way to end this epic story. And don't get me wrong, I'm going to get some serious heartbreak when Hicctooth is no more, but Dean DeBlois is going to be smart enough to go in the right direction. (he isn't afraid of killing off characters! *Cough* Stoick *Cough*) (G RR Martin approves). I don't think death will separate toothless and Hiccup, don't want to give the kids PTSD, but I do think that the separation will be a good mix of bitter and sweetness.

I can just say that I fully trust Dean DeBlois to end this amazing trilogy in the right manner, proof of this would be the fact that he refused to make a fourth movie despite the box office results. Which means his creative spirit is stronger than the money mongering soul of companies these days. If Dean will ever make another movie after HTTYD 3, I am going to watch it 110%! Even if it's a chick flick :P (highly improbable but weirder things have happened)

Alicia
Grape Master

Sadly I don't get the reference :(

I can see how a bittersweet ending would be brilliant, don't get me wrong, I just refuse to believe these two characters would ever be separated. We can always do with a little bit more love and happiness in the world! ^_^

Pipwizard
Gronckle

I can't go and see it at the cinema if they split no matter how they do it lol I'll sob like a child it was bad enough in the third instalment of toy story I think I had tears running down my cheeks had to dry my eyes as snotlouds would say his hearts breaking in side lol lol :/