Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Are we not so far away from a trailer?
Topic Started: 16 Oct 2016, 17:49 (3067 Views)
berkstimberjack
Dragon Egg

FanOfHTTYD
11 Oct 2016, 14:13
Meh, I am kinda afraid to see the trailer this time. I watched HTTYD and HTTYD 2 without seeing their trailers and I am pretty much glad about it.

However, just few months ago when I saw the HTTYD 2's trailer just out of curiosity, I was actually a bit shocked to see so many spoilers, especially the mother of Hiccup.
I can only agree with you! Since I inadvertently came across HTTYD about a year after the second movie was in cinema, I had no idea of the trailers when watching both movies - and I am so glad about this. I really don't get it why Dreamworks is spoilering so much :/ . When you compare their trailers with those by Disney/Pixar, the latter demonstrate that you don't have to show every twist in advance.

I'm really a big fan of HTTYD, but still (or maybe because of that) I consider not watching a single teaser or trailer. I know this will be very demanding, but after watching the previous trailers I simply have no trust anymore in the marketing division of Dreamworks (even more so as they will be presumably under financial pressure to intensily promote the last movie of the series) :(
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Pipwizard
Gronckle

Just went to see a dragon 2 clip and oh my god it really did show spoilers agh lol

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

Guys, I understand some of you are mad about the spoilers in the trailers but you need to understand something. DreamWorks doesn't decide what goes into the trailers, I even recall some people working there(Including Dean DeBlois himself) not liking the fact Valka was there(There was also an employee who uploaded an edited version of the trailer without the spoiler if I recall correctly).

I'm not saying your complains aren't right, I'm just saying you're blaming the wrong people...

Heather the Berserker
I go where no one goes

So..... since you can predict trailers and stuff so much better than I can, I know this is off topic but when do you think we'll get trailers and stuff for Cars 3? 8s
:)
Bear the flame

Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

@KevanShorey on Twitter (a DreamWorks animater) mentioned working on some production shots for HTTYD3. Not sure exactly what that means, but it has something to do with references of frogs eating. So perhaps he's adding some of the movements into the animation? Either way, this is one step closer to having enough animation together for a trailer!

EDIT: A production shot is a shot destined for the film (as opposed to the training which he had been doing before).
Heather the Berserker
30 Oct 2016, 02:53
So..... since you can predict trailers and stuff so much better than I can, I know this is off topic but when do you think we'll get trailers and stuff for Cars 3? 8s
Oh, I dunno... I'd guess November 21, 2016 or so. I love being super helpful. 8)
Clouds of corn <3

Heather the Berserker
I go where no one goes

Tuffnut'sChicken
28 Jan 2018, 17:07
Heather the Berserker
30 Oct 2016, 02:53
Oh, I dunno... I'd guess November 21, 2016 or so. I love being super helpful. 8)
Oh, thank you, Chicken. Ever so helpful.

Bear the flame

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

:P
Engineer and Pyromaniac. What's not to love?

I plan to send a rocket to the edge of space before I turn 25
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Trailer should actually come this summer or fall. Since we got a new title and all.

Oneill5491
Terrible Terror

I suspect the trailer will come out one week before Incredibles 2. The HTTYD 2 teaser came out exactly one week before Turbo released which was included in that film's trailer package. I'm almost positive that Universal Pictures will include a HTTYD 3 trailer in the Incredibles 2 Trailer package.

So my money is on Friday, June 8th.

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Oneill5491
25 May 2018, 02:59
I suspect the trailer will come out one week before Incredibles 2. The HTTYD 2 teaser came out exactly one week before Turbo released which was included in that film's trailer package. I'm almost positive that Universal Pictures will include a HTTYD 3 trailer in the Incredibles 2 Trailer package.

So my money is on Friday, June 8th.
You were soooooooooo close! ;)
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg: