Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Are we not so far away from a trailer?
Topic Started: 10 Oct 2016, 21:14 (3065 Views)
thenightandthefury
Gronckle

This is for those who are dying of anxiety during the waiting game.

We all know HTTYD 3 is set to release in 2018.

Seems like forever from now right?

Not so fast...

The release date is set for May 18, 2018.

That's in the spring, nearly summer months.

We are ALMOST to 2017.

And judging by movies and how they love to build up the excitement...

That means we will be getting promo pictures AND trailers VERY soon.

Look at it this way.

Almost all trailers start somewhere around 6 months or more before the movies release.

It is not uncommon to see a trailer a year before the movie is released, even if it is just a teaser trailer.

At the very least, HTTYD will begin to build the excitement with promotional posters, etc.

Judging that HTTYD 3 comes out fairly early in 2018...

You can probably expect a trailer sometime halfway through 2017.

I would expect a trailer to be released, at the latest, by the end of summer 2017.

But marketing wise, this isn't smart for Dreamworks.

Most of their audience are children.

So it would be wise for them to release the trailers during the summer, when kids are free from the stress of school and are more likely to watch the trailer; since no school means more chances that more kids will see the trailer... since, lets face it, practically every kid now days is glued to their phone and youtube, facebook, etc. Especially during those summer months.

Now this is NOT official.

This is just my prediction. I've watched and timed movies releasing trailers for a while now.

While some keep it all as secret as possible until the last minute, others don't.

Dreamworks has a habit of getting the hype up, so I highly doubt they will wait too long on a trailer and instead will try to build the hype up yet again.

There you have it.

Now you can go back to what you are doing and ponder all this. Maybe the wait won't seem so unbearable now.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Heather the Berserker
I go where no one goes

I'M SO SCARRRRED...... :'( :O :blink: ^) :( :unsure: <3 :/ :huh: :ermm: :'(

Strange sight
You stand in the light
You're wrong but you're right
My hearts beating wildly
Strange
How I'm scared but delighted
Afraid but excited too

But your idea sounds geat... ;)
Bear the flame

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

I can't tell if you're trying to be funny or making fun of me...

Hmmm...

Considering there was no idea there, just a prediction of when the trailer would come out.

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

I'm assuming trailers will pop up around a year before the film's release. HTTYD 2's first trailer was in July 2013, which was 11 months before the film came out, so don't get your hopes up for the next couple months...

FanOfHTTYD
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Meh, I am kinda afraid to see the trailer this time. I watched HTTYD and HTTYD 2 without seeing their trailers and I am pretty much glad about it.

However, just few months ago when I saw the HTTYD 2's trailer just out of curiosity, I was actually a bit shocked to see so many spoilers, especially the mother of Hiccup.

Now as well all know that HTTYD 3's every scene is gonna be worth a watch and super important. So any spoiler whether small or big might ruin the fun for me.

Do any of you guys feel this way? But I am sure I won't be able to control myself when the trailer comes out xD.

By the way, I too am expecting the trailer somewhere in 2017.

Heather the Berserker
I go where no one goes

thenightandthefury
11 Oct 2016, 04:28
I can't tell if you're trying to be funny or making fun of me...

Hmmm...

Considering there was no idea there, just a prediction of when the trailer would come out.
Wha? I'm not making fun of you or being funny, I'm fangirling and getting emotional..... :'(

Bear the flame

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

Woah, time passed quicker than I thought it would has it really been 2 years? Hard to believe we'll probably have a trailer (or a few) by this time next year. :blink:
Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)

Seb
Dragon Egg

Mm, sometime mid-2017 we'll get a teaser. Much excite!! :D And that's all I'm watching this time, because that official trailer for HTTYD2 irked me. Spoilers ahoy. Shame on you, trailer houses.

But really, what's up with so many trailers of late revealing like 90% of the plot?

Alpha Toothless
Dragon Egg

Well, I can tell you all about it! I'm in the movie, after all! So what happens is *Hiccup puts his hand over my mouth while we look at two seadragons gigantic maximumses on the beach* :huh: I think the trailer will be released June 29, 2017 (You know, with the final episodes of RTTE being uploaded), so they don't leave people hanging. Alpha toothless out. :alpha:
Spoiler: click to toggle
Alpha Toothless tells you all to please stop and think about what you are going to say next, seeing that you are mesmerized by knowing that I can speak.

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

I'd expect promo-pictures and maybe a teaser by late summer of 2017. Then I think we'll get a real trailer around Christmas or New Year's.