Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Your HTTYD 3 plot speculation?
Topic Started: 06 Jul 2017, 09:57 (9224 Views)
Night_Stalker
Dragon Trainer class 5

I dont think the tail will be that big of a plot point, it does seem confusing of how they will seperate but i feel like this is a red herring that they will seperate but by the end of the movie they will reunite or secretly they are planning another movie, but in gotnf toothless trusted hiccup enough not to need the tail so idt hiccup will make another

OC: Oliver and Storm
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

Tuffnut'sChicken
30 Nov 2016, 03:02
Night_Stalker
29 Nov 2016, 18:16
honestly thinking about how far they went with Shrek and they actually hinted at Shrek 5 coming out in 2019 i think dream works will continue this universe at least until movie 4, and they probably will keep up the tv show too if they have the budget and demand.
Oh, I hope so!

I'm hoping that it does not end the time of the dragons. I don't know what it will focus on, but I hope it doesn't follow the books. (I haven't actually read them, but I did read the Wiki articles about the plot lines, so yeah.)

I like to think of the HTTYD books being related to HTTYD movies the way The Snow Queen is related to Frozen -- an inspiration, but not anything which would define the way it ends up.

I'm hoping that the "big bad dragon" will be something other than another huge dragon. First the Red Death, all very well and good. Then the Bewilderbeast... I mean, wow, that's starting to get extreme. I'm hoping the creators will be more creative than making something even bigger. Maybe even having no "big bad dragon," but instead a person. And maybe not even the return of Drago; I wouldn't mind him, but I'd also like to see someone more realistic as well.
It's been confirmed by Dean that the movies answers the same question as the books which is 'What Happened to the Dragons?' That doesn't mean they'll reach that conclusion in the same way as the books. They are two separate franchises. Dean says that he does not want a fourth movie. I agree with him for the fact that many franchises get stale and the quality of plotlines plummet. The Shrek franchise is just one example. As we hate to see our favorite things go away. They eventually have to. :/
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

Hope_and_Heir
04 Sep 2017, 19:03
It's been confirmed by Dean that the movies answers the same question as the books which is 'What Happened to the Dragons?' That doesn't mean they'll reach that conclusion in the same way as the books. They are two separate franchises. Dean says that he does not want a fourth movie. I agree with him for the fact that many franchises get stale and the quality of plotlines plummet. The Shrek franchise is just one example. As we hate to see our favorite things go away. They eventually have to. :/
This. :) Wish I had something interesting to expand on what you said, but you summed up what I was thinking perfectly!

The best Secret Odin GIF(t) ever, made for me by DeWhite! Thank you! :D

Hope_and_Heir

[/color]

DragonbackVoyager
05 Sep 2017, 00:44
Hope_and_Heir
This. :) Wish I had something interesting to expand on what you said, but you summed up what I was thinking perfectly!
I greatly hope we get a good quality ending though ;)
Just because it ends, doesn't mean we can't enjoy it.
I feel like a lot of Httyd fans are going to be quite divided on whatever the ending is though...

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

Hope_and_Heir
05 Sep 2017, 01:21
DragonbackVoyager
Hope_and_Heir
I feel like a lot of Httyd fans are going to be quite divided on whatever the ending is though...
Yeah, for sure. I don’t think that the HTTYD community will remain in peace, and will probably argue to eternity about the ending. But I mean, think of the poor parent (not that I am one, just saying) there needs to be closure, or the parents will be stuck with kids who would probably nag them about why there aren’t any more dragons. There’s gotta be an explanation.

Engineer and Pyromaniac. What's not to love?

I plan to send a rocket to the edge of space before I turn 25
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

Hope_and_Heir

[/color]

Sparrowhawk
05 Sep 2017, 03:16
Hope_and_Heir
05 Sep 2017, 01:21
DragonbackVoyager
Yeah, for sure. I don’t think that the HTTYD community will remain in peace, and will probably argue to eternity about the ending. But I mean, think of the poor parent (not that I am one, just saying) there needs to be closure, or the parents will be stuck with kids who would probably nag them about why there aren’t any more dragons. There’s gotta be an explanation.
For some reason I just pictured this small Veruca esque kid demanding a dragon for Christmas and the parent just scrambling to put in Httyd 3 and being like SORRY BUD DRAGONS. CANT DO IT.

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

God yes. That's exactly why stuff has to end, otherwise it's an endless stream of annoyance imo (especially for parents haha). I'm very happy that they're stopping it at 3, this way people won't get bored of the franchise and the story won't be stretched unnecessarily. That's one of my biggest problems with long-running movie franchises *cough*despicableme*cough*, they n e v e r e n d. At some point you need closure, and hopefully DreamWorks is gonna understand that and not demand a fourth or something.
Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

Dean DeBlois has agreed to only make HTTYD 2 and 3. Almost no chance of 4

GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!

AstridHofferson
Deadly Nadder

I think having only 3 movies would make it more "special"....I never make any sense. But i feel like having more then 3 movies means they would drag the story out and also it takes a long time for animation movies to be completed hence more waiting time for a movie.
Stoick: What in Thor's name is going on!?
Astrid: The eggs explode
- Gift of the Night Fury

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

No, you make sense. I totally get what you're saying. Three is kinda the magic number for movies. It's not leaving unanswered questions, but it doesn't drag on.

(hehe. Drag on, dragon)

GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!