Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Your HTTYD 3 plot speculation?
Topic Started: 29 Nov 2016, 04:13 (9124 Views)
motoxjoel
Snoggletog Wraith

So we aren't too far from HTTYD 3 and we can expect promotional items such as posters, trailers and teasers not far from now (halfway 2017?). In the mean time what do YOU think will be the main plot or climax in the saga since it is the final film? Is it a character dieing or someone leaving? Or none of that at all. Post your ideas below :/

My speculation is that since both hiccup and toothless are both alphas of their tribes and the movie was a journey of their lives from hiccup (bottom food chain to top) or toothless from a once feared dragon to a beloved character and since that part of the story is over.. where now?

HTTYD 3 needs to end with a bang to finish the world and the saga and my idea of how this will happen is both hiccup and toothless parting ways ( :( yes I know this is terrible) but they're both alphas and they must part ways to take care of their own tribes. Sure a lot of dragons will probably stay at Berk and be like domesticated dogs sort've but I think toothless will leave to his own island. The reason he could probably do this is finding clues as to where his kind is either from cave drawings or finding evidence of other night furys such as spotting one or something similiar.

Overall I'm looking forward to HTTYD 3 but at the same time I am not as well :'( due to the burning fact something extreme will most likely happen in the film and it might be something we won't like.. but hey it might be none of that and he a happy ending where toothless finds a lady :P
W
I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Heather the Berserker
I go where no one goes

I think it should end like the books, that's all. =P
Bear the flame

Night_Stalker
Dragon Trainer class 5

honestly thinking about how far they went with Shrek and they actually hinted at Shrek 5 coming out in 2019 i think dream works will continue this universe at least until movie 4, and they probably will keep up the tv show too if they have the budget and demand.

OC: Oliver and Storm

Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

Night_Stalker
29 Nov 2016, 18:16
honestly thinking about how far they went with Shrek and they actually hinted at Shrek 5 coming out in 2019 i think dream works will continue this universe at least until movie 4, and they probably will keep up the tv show too if they have the budget and demand.
Oh, I hope so!

I'm hoping that it does not end the time of the dragons. I don't know what it will focus on, but I hope it doesn't follow the books. (I haven't actually read them, but I did read the Wiki articles about the plot lines, so yeah.)

I like to think of the HTTYD books being related to HTTYD movies the way The Snow Queen is related to Frozen -- an inspiration, but not anything which would define the way it ends up.

I'm hoping that the "big bad dragon" will be something other than another huge dragon. First the Red Death, all very well and good. Then the Bewilderbeast... I mean, wow, that's starting to get extreme. I'm hoping the creators will be more creative than making something even bigger. Maybe even having no "big bad dragon," but instead a person. And maybe not even the return of Drago; I wouldn't mind him, but I'd also like to see someone more realistic as well.
Clouds of corn <3

motoxjoel
Snoggletog Wraith

Tuffnut'sChicken
30 Nov 2016, 03:02
Night_Stalker
29 Nov 2016, 18:16
Oh, I hope so!

I'm hoping that it does not end the time of the dragons. I don't know what it will focus on, but I hope it doesn't follow the books. (I haven't actually read them, but I did read the Wiki articles about the plot lines, so yeah.)

I like to think of the HTTYD books being related to HTTYD movies the way The Snow Queen is related to Frozen -- an inspiration, but not anything which would define the way it ends up.

I'm hoping that the "big bad dragon" will be something other than another huge dragon. First the Red Death, all very well and good. Then the Bewilderbeast... I mean, wow, that's starting to get extreme. I'm hoping the creators will be more creative than making something even bigger. Maybe even having no "big bad dragon," but instead a person. And maybe not even the return of Drago; I wouldn't mind him, but I'd also like to see someone more realistic as well.

You say there will be a big bad dragon in the movie? Is this from the book? If it was a "big bad dragon" I would assume it would be something like another night fury due to fact that there has already been two big dragons. That would be a pretty interesting foe for the gang :D (edited, made a grammar mistake)

Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

motoxjoel
30 Nov 2016, 04:37
You say there will be a big bad dragon in the movie? Is this from the book? If it was a "big bad dragon" I would assume it would be something like another night fury due to fact that there has already been two big dragons
No, it's not from a book (okay, maybe it is, but I didn't read that much into the plots, so I don't know).

But it's still probably a pretty good guess that there'll be a "big, bad dragon."

In HTTYD, there was the Red Death. Huge, yes, but somewhat believable.

In HTTYD 2, there was the Bewilderbeast, vastly bigger than the Red Death. It isn't really believable to me, but I'll accept it (albeit grudgingly).

I don't want them to just make another, bigger dragon in the third movie. It just seems like there's danger of them thinking, "Oh, having a bigger dragon worked before, let's just make an even bigger one."

I want to see more imagination. I'm hoping that there won't be a "big, bad dragon" at all, regardless of the size. I want the "big baddie" to be a human who does not rely on a huge or overly powerful dragon.
(I'm looking at you, Drago Bludvist!)

To expand from that, I want a more imaginative "big baddie." Sure, okay, you can have a giant monster. Or, you can have a typical ugly hulking man (still looking at you, Drago!) But I'm hoping for something a little less... cliche. Maybe a little more of a Viggo character, although I would want some differences from him, too.
Clouds of corn <3

Watercressed Lunatic
I do not want a world without Toothless...

I like to think the way it ends is sealed, its what happens in the middle that counts...
"One of the most beautiful qualities of friendship is to understand and be understood."

motoxjoel
Snoggletog Wraith

Tuffnut'sChicken
30 Nov 2016, 05:00
motoxjoel
30 Nov 2016, 04:37
You say there will be a big bad dragon in the movie? Is this from the book? If it was a "big bad dragon" I would assume it would be something like another night fury due to fact that there has already been two big dragons
No, it's not from a book (okay, maybe it is, but I didn't read that much into the plots, so I don't know).

But it's still probably a pretty good guess that there'll be a "big, bad dragon."

In HTTYD, there was the Red Death. Huge, yes, but somewhat believable.

In HTTYD 2, there was the Bewilderbeast, vastly bigger than the Red Death. It isn't really believable to me, but I'll accept it (albeit grudgingly).

I don't want them to just make another, bigger dragon in the third movie. It just seems like there's danger of them thinking, "Oh, having a bigger dragon worked before, let's just make an even bigger one."

I want to see more imagination. I'm hoping that there won't be a "big, bad dragon" at all, regardless of the size. I want the "big baddie" to be a human who does not rely on a huge or overly powerful dragon.
(I'm looking at you, Drago Bludvist!)

To expand from that, I want a more imaginative "big baddie." Sure, okay, you can have a giant monster. Or, you can have a typical ugly hulking man (still looking at you, Drago!) But I'm hoping for something a little less... cliche. Maybe a little more of a Viggo character, although I would want some differences from him, too.

I think Dean Deblois is a very relented and smart person, he did a tremendous piece of work in BoJ the first and second film, albeit he didn't come up with the core plot he vastly changed it to suit it to a film adaption. I think he'll make the film a lot smarter and not be one of those 'Cliche' type films where the big big bad guy wants to take over the world. Rather a smart small enemy has his plans. Not all bad guys need to be massive, they just need to be menacing

Ceceoh
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Since the first time I read anything about HTTYD3, the articles have all suggested that Toothless and Hiccup will be separated due to some kind of conflict, and the first question that pops into my head is how are they going to accomplish this, if Toothless can't fly without Hiccup and the harness?

So it seems to me that the story will have to address this some way, and that it would turn into a pretty big plot point. Will Valka, or maybe even Drago, come across some kind of regenerative cure? Or maybe Toothless just starts to grow a new tail, like any other lizard?

As much as I love Hiccup and Toothless together, if the movie does end with a departure, I hope we get to see our favorite Night Fury flying away, whole and free.

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

Ceceoh

Toothless can't fly without Hiccup and the harness?
watch the short, Gift of the Nightfury. It shows Hiccup making a tail for Toothless that allows him to fly on his own. Perhaps he does the same thing again, but this time Toothless never comes back.
Engineer and Pyromaniac. What's not to love?

I plan to send a rocket to the edge of space before I turn 25
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg: