Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Release date pushed back + new info on movie
Topic Started: 06 Dec 2016, 15:44 (5342 Views)
Night Fury
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

Demonwolf002
06 Dec 2016, 17:11
While I overall enjoyed the Croods and thought it was decent. (nothing amazing but nothing terrible) I can't say I'd be disappointed or miss the Croods 2 if it means Sanders and DeBlois are working together on the third film, since I do believe they work best together than they do separately.
Yeah, me too. HTTYD and Lilo & Stitch were both AMAZING... The Croods and HTTYD2 were pretty good, but less than what they could have been... imo.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Seb
Dragon Egg

Let's diffuse the negativity :)

Loglines I find almost always sound mundane, but that's a consequence of being intentionally vague. Can you really communicate the gist of a 90 page script in two sentences? The reader is enlightened very minimally and must assume much of what's not there, which typically means inflating whatever vague information is there. Movie 1 and 2 both sounded very unintriguing.

Case in point:

"A hapless young Viking who aspires to hunt dragons becomes the unlikely friend of a young dragon himself, and learns there may be more to the creatures than he assumed."

"When Hiccup and Toothless discover an ice cave that is home to hundreds of new dragons and the mysterious Dragon Rider, the two friends find themselves at the centre of a battle to protect the peace."

I cringe reading those because imo they rather poorly encapsulate the films. Young dragon? Ice cave? 2 cheesy 4 me.

I also think it's unfair to criticise DeBlois' solo work, and I don't say this just because it was truly fantastic; Sanders had a bigger involvement than just the credited executive producer. Dean said in interviews that Chris and himself very often got together to work on Dragons. Plus there are hundreds of other influences and other writers, so saying "they work best together" is a non sequitur because they've always worked together. Dean was just obviously at the helm.

Heather the Berserker
I go where no one goes

Someone please wake me up... or are we all having the same bad dream?! :'(
Bear the flame

motoxjoel
Snoggletog Wraith

So IMDB and other big websites are changing the release date to march 1 2019.. this is really sad. I'll be out of school and leaving to pursue my aviation dream and I don't know if I would have the time.. oh well

Pipwizard
Gronckle

I just saw it on instagram and came here to find out god I hope it's a complete load of dragons dung but yes I think I may cry lol :(

hictooth
Archivist of Berk

Wow, I seem to be the only person who's pleased about the new date.

For me, the new release date is better as if there's going to be a Dragonmeet event at the premiere of the film (which is looking very possible!) then having it around March time is sooo much more convenient for me.

But I guess it could change again, and we'll just have to see what happens.

As for the rumours about the change being caused by Comcast - I just hope that the release date is the only thing they change, but that really isn't likely :/
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.

motoxjoel
Snoggletog Wraith

I wonder if any content will be released in between; more if it anyway

motoxjoel
Snoggletog Wraith

I'm fine with this new set date, it gives more time to create the film such as models and animation but the matter of the fact is that it is almost 3 years away is the Bane of it. I'll be long gone by then and probably want have time to watch it or keep up to date with it.

Only time will tell

P.S
What does this have to do with Comcast? All I know is they own dreamworks animation I didn't think they purposely delayed dragons or anything? Elaborate?

Thornrdrum
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Maybe Comcast already made DeBlois change the script.

Seb
Dragon Egg

motoxjoel
07 Dec 2016, 10:44
I'm fine with this new set date, it gives more time to create the film such as models and animation but the matter of the fact is that it is almost 3 years away is the Bane of it. I'll be long gone by then and probably want have time to watch it or keep up to date with it.

Only time will tell

P.S
What does this have to do with Comcast? All I know is they own dreamworks animation I didn't think they purposely delayed dragons or anything? Elaborate?
Keep in mind they have a set budget, so they could either finish it in 2018 and sit on it for a year or draw out the process and spend more time on less money-consuming tasks. Not that I know anything about the dynamics of budgeting, just a guess, but obviously there is a bit of leeway with this extension.

Comcast owning Dreamworks gives them power to call on a variety of actions. Since they're more on the business side of things they can move projects around to suit whatever strategy they have. Unusual move though, seems very arbitrary. They might be going for some kind of release pattern. ^)
Thornrdrum
07 Dec 2016, 11:17
Maybe Comcast already made DeBlois change the script.
That's a bit pessimistic, haha. There'd be no reason for them to get involved in the creative process like that.