Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Release date pushed back + new info on movie
Topic Started: 07 Dec 2016, 08:30 (5338 Views)
Pipwizard
Gronckle

I'm not happy lol but I suppose means more rtte lol I hope do keep us up dated tho
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Night_Stalker
Dragon Trainer class 5

Kinna like what Pipwizard said, maybe they have plans to add more or anther tv series or plan to do more with the universe so that it sets up the movie better. Maybe another short or two could come out to bridge the gap. i hope this is the real reason and not just because of them wanting more money, but its the world we live in :(

OC: Oliver and Storm

Theotherunknown
There were dragons, when I was a boy...

What would be really nice is another short, like Dawn Of The Dragon Racers. The TV series just isn't as good imo.
How many times must I fix my signature over the years?

Pipwizard
Gronckle

Night_Stalker
07 Dec 2016, 14:57
Kinna like what Pipwizard said, maybe they have plans to add more or anther tv series or plan to do more with the universe so that it sets up the movie better. Maybe another short or two could come out to bridge the gap. i hope this is the real reason and not just because of them wanting more money, but its the world we live in :(
Rider ranger47
07 Dec 2016, 18:08
What would be really nice is another short, like Dawn Of The Dragon Racers. The TV series just isn't as good imo.
I agree another seasonal one be nice were they are now at the edge or some short film so I mean I've heard and read on here there's another few series of the edge to be done so who knows wouldn't that be nice lol ;)

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

Seb
07 Dec 2016, 01:48
Let's diffuse the negativity :)

I also think it's unfair to criticise DeBlois' solo work, and I don't say this just because it was truly fantastic; Sanders had a bigger involvement than just the credited executive producer. Dean said in interviews that Chris and himself very often got together to work on Dragons. Plus there are hundreds of other influences and other writers, so saying "they work best together" is a non sequitur because they've always worked together. Dean was just obviously at the helm.
Meant no negativity on my part, but if I came off that way I do apologize.

Now it being unfair to criticize DeBlois' solo work based on Sanders involvement is true, and I do agree with you. Which is why when I've given/give my opinions on the work, it's based on the work itself and not who was or wasn't involved in it. Though I did state here that I've more so enjoyed the animated films where these two were both heading things and were both involved fairly heavily more than I did their more solo work. I didn't intend it as criticism, but as my subjective opinion on (out of the four animated films these 2 have been at the helm of) which of their movies I've liked more or have clicked more with me.

Now with all of that said I will admit I haven't seen these interviews where Dean talks about Sanders involvement on the second movie. So I most certainly did think his involvement was less than what it otherwise may have been. Though if you wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction as to what to look for. I'd like to see the interviews for myself so I can have a better understanding/judgment of what his involvement was on the second film in the future.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Seb
Dragon Egg

I wasn't specifically talking about you, just thought the general responses were a bit pessimistic. :p I'll dig around for the interview.

Btw here's the script (dunno whether or not anyone's posted this):

hictooth
Archivist of Berk

Seb
08 Dec 2016, 09:29
Btw here's the script
Oh yes, I've seen that somewhere before, but I don't think it was on the forums. That image is from the nov 2015 video, right?
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

To those who want to hear Demonwolf and I talk about the entire thing, check out the latest episode of The Berkcast:

https://youtu.be/N__aHQ_Ke1A

We hope you'll like it just as much as we had fun making it! :)

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

Hi I'm late but I want to add my thoughts anyway-
I'm not super happy about the release date being pushed back but the way I see it, the more time they get to perfect it, the better. Haven't read much in regards to why it's been moved and all of that, but I hope they make use of the extended period of time.
Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

it's now 2017, but just popping back in to say that i don't really like the idea of new night furies... honestly, i think it might just put off the entire movie for me
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha