Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Release date pushed back + new info on movie
Topic Started: 30 Jan 2017, 01:42 (5245 Views)
Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

WasBornCrazy
10 Jan 2017, 01:11
it's now 2017, but just popping back in to say that i don't really like the idea of new night furies... honestly, i think it might just put off the entire movie for me
Adding to your thought, it just seems like the generic way to go. Everyone expects there to be another Night Fury, so unless DreamWorks puts a unique twist on it I feel like I can already predict the entire film.
Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Night_Stalker
Dragon Trainer class 5

^ what he said

OC: Oliver and Storm

iluvhttyd
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

Pipwizard
07 Dec 2016, 20:02
Night_Stalker
07 Dec 2016, 14:57
Kinna like what Pipwizard said, maybe they have plans to add more or anther tv series or plan to do more with the universe so that it sets up the movie better. Maybe another short or two could come out to bridge the gap. i hope this is the real reason and not just because of them wanting more money, but its the world we live in :(
Rider ranger47
07 Dec 2016, 18:08
What would be really nice is another short, like Dawn Of The Dragon Racers. The TV series just isn't as good imo.
I agree another seasonal one be nice were they are now at the edge or some short film so I mean I've heard and read on here there's another few series of the edge to be done so who knows wouldn't that be nice lol ;)
I agree with all of the above.

Another seasonal one would be nice...something post-HTTYD2. Valka's first holiday on Berk in 20 years, maybe it's Eret's first holiday ever, if he celebrated something different. If not, his first holiday on Berk, at least. Just something.

I had a dream that Berk's Grapevine posted something about an upcoming post-HTTYD2 Snoggletog thing. It doesn't even have to be a Snoggletog thing - we've been there, done that. Just a post-HTTYD2 short - Valka adjusting to Berk for the first time in 20 years, Eret adjusting to life on Berk, probably dealing with skeptical people because I'm sure not everyone trusts him yet because of what he used to do. I don't want the short to be like all about Eret - and I love Eret.

I'd want it to be like Gift of the Night Fury - Hiccup goes to the nesting island and the subplot being Astrid comes up with new holiday traditions.

I'm just spitballing here. Hiccup's first holiday without his dad and with his mom. How is he dealing with that? How is Berk dealing without Stoick that first holiday? I'm sure Hiccup is a good chief. Maybe a subplot of how Eret is dealing with people judging him?

Just something.

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

Whitefang
30 Jan 2017, 05:42
WasBornCrazy
10 Jan 2017, 01:11
it's now 2017, but just popping back in to say that i don't really like the idea of new night furies... honestly, i think it might just put off the entire movie for me
Adding to your thought, it just seems like the generic way to go. Everyone expects there to be another Night Fury, so unless DreamWorks puts a unique twist on it I feel like I can already predict the entire film.
I definitely agree with both of you. Unless dreamworks makes a nice plot twist causing a new night fury in the mix, I don't think they should go with it. However, I do enjoy the idea of toothless finding a mate. And to add on to you saying you can predict the whole film, we all know at the end, the dragons are going to leave in some heartbreaking way that will make all HTTYD fans pissed at Dean DeBlois
Engineer and Pyromaniac. What's not to love?

I plan to send a rocket to the edge of space before I turn 25
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg: